This month, the Simple Suite Stampers Creative Team is focusing on the Lovely In Linen Suite Collection from the Stampin’ Up! 2022-2023 Annual Catalog. The creative team consists of twelve Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from across the United States and I am honored to be a member of the group. Each month, we create a project focusing on a particular suite of products. We strive to keep the projects simple so you can complete beautiful projects in a short time frame.
For my project, a variety of the colorful Lovely in Linen Designer Series Paper prints are being used for layering. Adding coordinating cardstock as a background for each print helps to balance the “busyness” of the different designs.
To make it easy for you, a tutorial consisting of the twelve projects has been created.
Would you like the Simple Suite Stampers February Tutorial with all twelve projects? Below are the different options on how you can get the tutorial:
- Place an order via my online store and you’ll receive the tutorial for FREE.
- Or if you have considered becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and join with me, you’ll become a member of my Playtime with Paper team. As a member of my team, you’ll receive each month’s tutorial for FREE.
- Lastly, you can purchase the tutorial for $10 (US). Email me and I’ll send you information for submitting payment. Please put Simple Suite Stampers in the email subject line.
Sale-a-Bration continues until August 31. Be sure to check out the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog and the Sale-a-Bration Brochure. During Sale-a-Bration, for every $50 and $100 you spend, you’ll earn FREE exclusive products from the brochure. Depending upon the amount you spend, you can mix and match products from the brochure. Best of all, several of the products coordinates with products from the July-December 2022 catalog. Be sure to check out the FREE Sale-A-Bration Host set you will receive with a $300 order.
And if that’s not enough…If you’re considering joining the Stampin’ Up! team as an independent demonstrator, now’s the time to do it! Sign up during our Sale-A-Bration event and the Making Plans Collection will be automatically added to your Starter Kit for FREE. Plus, you’ll get to enjoy all the perks of being a demonstrator—early access to our products, the opportunity to earn a modest supplemental income doing something you love, and so much more! And personally, I think one of the best perks is meeting other people that enjoy being creative! Click here to learn more about joining the fun. Plus, you’ll become a member of my Playtime with Paper team and receive the rewards that I offer to members.
It’s important to remember, it’s up to you if you wish to make it a business or if you just want to enjoy the discount on products and early access to products. Many enjoy the perks being “hobbyist”.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program:
Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Just a reminder: for orders over $150 you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy crafting!
This week, I am sharing another card from the recent All About Tulips Class. It’s a Windmill Side Panel Step card. This is a fun card to make and though it looks complicated, it’s not. The only stamping is the sentiment. The remainder of design elements include the Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper and die cuts! You’ll find all the components for the windmill in the Windmill Fields Dies. After prepping the materials, the assembly only takes a few minutes so it’s one of those projects where you can plan to make card multiples. Just cut the extra pieces and have everything ready to assemble at once. You’ll find the assembly video for the Windmill Side Panel Step Card and the project material dimensions below.
Project Materials & Dimensions:
- Windmill Fields Dies (#157683)
- Tulips Dies – optional (#157677)
- Evening Evergreen (#155574) 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 3″, 6″ & 7-1/4″ for card base; for the cross panel: 3″ x 8-1/2″ score at 4-1/4″
- Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper (#157670): 5″ x 2-3/4″, 1″ x 5-1/4″, coordinating piece 4″ x 2-3/4″
- Basic White Cardstock (#159276) 5-1/4″ x 2-3/4″ and a scrap piece for cutting sentiment circle
- Mango Melody Cardstock – optional (#146989) 6″ x 1-1/4″ (cut 2)
- Early Espresso Cardstock (#119686): 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Soft Suede Cardstock (#115318): 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Crumb Cake Cardstock (#120953): 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Evening Evergreen Classic Stampin’ Pad (#155576)
- Biggest Wish Stamp Set (#155052)
- Round & Square Brads (#155570)
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Die Cutting Machine (#149653) or Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Die Machine (#150673 – a 20% savings during March, 2022)
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430)
- Bone Folder (#102300)
I hope you have fun creating this windmill and tulip inspired card. The Simple Suite Stampers are featuring Heart & Home Product Suite this month so in my next post, I’ll be sharing a project using the suite. Plus, I’ll have details on how you can get this month’s tutorials. Be sure to subscribe to receive my posts so you won’t miss out on the latest project ideas!
The Savings in Bloom Promotion offers 20% savings on the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles. Click here to see items in the promotion.
The Waves of the Ocean promotion is ongoing until May 2, 2022.
This coastal collection includes an inspiring set of stamps and detailed dies, both early-release products from the upcoming 2022–2023 Annual Catalog. Plus, a pack of paper made from images of hand-poured paint, blue-hued foil sheets for a sea of shine, and radiant rhinestones for a splash of sparkle—each an exclusive product you can only purchase during the promotion period!
Explore artistic expression with the Waves of the Ocean Collection.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Just a reminder: for orders over $150 you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy crafting!
The current host code is: YGBNKCVM (good until April 5, 2022). Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Wow, it’s Wednesday, the day is coming to an end and I’m just now working on the post for today! The Labor Day weekend has thrown me off schedule (LOL). Today, I’m sharing the last of the August card class Nature’s Harvest cards. This card is sending healing thoughts. Notice the textured background? It’s created using the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder and included in the Harvest Meadow Suite. You’ll want to add this embossing folder to your “must have” list as it creates a beautiful textured backdrop. Below you’ll find the list of materials for recreating the Sending Healing Thoughts card and a video to assist with assembly.
- Nature’s Harvest Bundle
- Crumb Cake cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (score & fold at 4-1/4″ for card base); 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (for texture embossing), scrap strip for sentiment; piece to die cut branch
- Nature’s Meadow Designer Series Paper: 2″ x 5-1/2″ (panel strip)
- Soft Succulent Cardstock: piece to die cut one coneflower (2″ x 4″ approx)
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: piece to die cut one coneflower (2″ x 4″ approx); 5-1/4″ x 4″ for interior
- Inks: Bumblebee, either of the following: Early Espresso, Soft Suede or Crumb Cake
- Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder
- Sponge Daubers
- Metallic Pearls: gold
- Adhesive -Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine or other Die Cutting Machine
- Optional: Wink of Stella, Soft Succulent Stampin’ Blends; Stampin’ Write Marker or Soft Succulent Ink for splattering
This completes the cards from the August Nature’s Harvest monthly class. But stay tuned as I’ll be using this bundle and other elements from the Harvest Meadow Suite for other creations!
REMINDERS and the New Christmas Whimsy Kit!
Time is running out to take advantage of one of the biggest promotions of the year, Sale-a-Bration. This promotion ends on September 30. Sale-a-bration enables you to earn FREE product for each $50 product purchase. There are some great products available so check out the link to the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
SEPTEMBER PAPER PUMPKIN – HAUNTS & HARVEST (Last day to order this fun kit is September 10)
Hay, there! Experience everything the autumn season has to offer with the Haunts & Harvest Paper Pumpkin Kit! This month’s kit includes enough supplies to create 12 treat boxes—4 each of 3 designs. That means you can take your pick of apple, pumpkins, or jack-o-lantern treat boxes! Plus, the Paper Pumpkin box is designed to easily transform into a vintage wheelbarrow for you to display your harvest!
Whether you’re thinking about crisp red apples or you’re ready to carve some spooky jack-o-lanterns (or both!), the Haunts & Harvest Paper Pumpkin Kit—designed in a vivid fall palette—is a hands-on crafting experience for all autumn lovers!
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 12 treat packages—4 each of 3 designs. The all-inclusive kit includes printed die-cut boxes, die-cut sheets, adhesive, and more!
- Finished treat box size: 2-1/2″ x 2″
- Includes an exclusive stamp set and a Classic Stampin’ Spot
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Pale Papaya, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Succulent
You can order this month’s Paper Pumpkin by clicking this link.
New and now available – Christmas Whimsy Kit
Christmas Whimsy is an adorably festive card kit with a modern design! Santa’s elves might be hard at work in the North Pole but with this all-inclusive kit, the hard work is done for you! All pieces are printed, die cut, and ready for you to craft. The simple steps of this kit are perfect for beginner crafters and kids, too! Grab a kit or two and gather around for a simple Christmas activity that everyone will enjoy. The kit contains everything you need to create eight elf-centric Christmas cards including printed card bases, die cuts, embellishments, an exclusive stamp set, a Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Spot, and more! Click here to order your Christmas Whimsy kit.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting,
The September host code is: WK99NESD. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Today I’m back with another of the Nature’s Harvest Bundle August Class cards. I’m calling this the “never forget” card since the wording is from the sentiment. Just like the “good luck” card, this card is simple but beautiful. You’ll notice the die cut stalk (sheath of wheat or grass?) cut from the Be Dazzling Specialty Paper. This paper is one of the FREE items available in the current Sale-a-Bration brochure. It’s a gorgeous paper and adds elegance to the card front. Plus, it coordinates beautifully with the Crumb Cake/White color scheme.
Nature’s Harvest “Never Forget” Card Materials:
Happy Friday! For this week’s post, I am featuring the Beauty of the Earth Suite. The Beauty of the Earth Suite includes the Beauty of Friendship Bundle, the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper and the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Today’s cards are two of the designs from Playtime with Paper team member and Peach State Stamper, Linda Edwards. Each card showcases the aptly named Beauty of the Earth Suite. I’m calling the first card a “panel card” and the second card a “thinking of you card”. Below each card, I’ll share a few details for creating each.
Tips for creating the Beauty of the Earth “Panel” Card:
- Select the desired Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper that you wish to use as the long panel and cut a panel 1″ x 4-1/4″. Using the designer series paper as your guide, select a coordinating color for your card base and the layer for adhering the panels. For this sample, Misty Moonlight cardstock has been selected. Cut card base (5-1/2″ x 11″, score & fold at 4-1/4″) and panel layer 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″.
- Using Basic White Cardstock (CS), cut the following pieces: 5-1/4″ x 4″; 3″ x 2-1/8″; 1-1/2″ x 2-1/8″.
- To add texture to the large piece of Basic White cardstock, texture emboss using the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Next, attach to the card base using a strong adhesive.
- Next, stamp the sentiment and the tree onto the remaining Basic White CS panels.
- Attach the Beauty of the Earth DSP panel and the stamped panels to the base color cardstock layer.
- Wrap Linen Thread around the DSP panel three (3) times and attach to the back of the cardstock. Tie a small bow with the Linen Thread & attach to the wrapped threads using a glue dot. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add layer to the card base atop the bark embossed layer.
- Complete the card front by die cutting a bird using the Beautiful Trees Dies. Add to the card front using a glue dot.
Now for the Beauty of Earth “Thinking of You” card:
Tips for creating:
- Create the card base using Thick Basic White cardstock (5-1/2″ x 11″, score & fold at 4-1/4″).
- Cut Bumblebee cardstock(CS) panel 5-1/4″ x 4″. Using the splotch stamp from the Beauty of Friendship Stamp Set & Bumblebee Ink Pad, stamp on the upper right & lower left corners. Attach to the card base.
- A panel of Early Espresso is cut 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ and texture embossed using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder (or use the Bark 3D Embossing Folder)
- The background panel (4″ x 3″) for the tree is cut from the Beauty of the Earth DSP. For the grass, use a Blender Brush to apply Old Olive ink to the lower portion of the panel. Stamp the ground area using Early Espresso. Layer the panels onto the card – refer to the card photo to note how to place the panels.
- Using the Beautiful Tree Dies, cut the tree base & leaves from the Beauty of the Early DSP. With adhesive, add the tree base to the background DSP layer. Next, add the leaves panel to the tree base using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish the card by die cutting two birds from a scrap of Bumblebee cardstock and attach to the tree with glue dots.
- Finish by stamping the Thinking of You sentiment from the stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White CS and cut with the coordinating die. Place it atop a strip of Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim and attach to the card front.
After seeing these two cards, don’t you want to add the Beauty of the Earth Suite to your “must have” list? I know I did!!! Thank you Linda for these gorgeous card designs featuring the Beauty of the Earth Suite. You can see more of Linda’s creativity at Crafty Heron Designs.
JUST A FEW REMINDERS…
Hurry only 5 days remain! The Last Chance Product Sale ends on June 30. Click here to check out the Last Chance Products.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
The current host code is: BRA2WKZ2. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Today I am sharing a fun quadrangle card. In last month’s card class, participants were able to assemble this fun style of card. Okay, I know the question – what is a quadrangle? A quadrangle is simply a shape with four angles. Using a quadrangle on a card front adds interest and a different style of focal point. It’s not a difficult technique and your geometry teacher will be proud of you (LOL). Best of all, when creating a quadrangle from your cardstock or designer series paper you will have four equal pieces cut for cardmaking. So, it’s great when you want to make multiple cards of the same design.
To create a quadrangle: start with a square piece of cardstock or designer series paper. Mark the same distance on all four sides of the square. Then cut from one mark to the opposite mark on the other side of the paper. After cutting, you will have four quadrangles the same size.
For this card: a 6″ x 6″ square of Bumblebee cardstock at 1-1/2″ on all four sides. It is then cut from one mark to the opposite mark on all sides. For the smaller designer series paper quadrangle, a 5-1/4″ piece of designer series paper is being used and marked at 1-1/4″ on the four sides.
After cutting, you will have four equal pieces:
Materials & Assembly Directions:
- Create a card base using Early Espresso Cardstock (5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4”.)
- Texture emboss the Mint Macaron cardstock (5-1/4″ x 4″) using the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. Attach to the Early Espresso card base.
- Layer the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper to the Bumblebee cardstock angle and adhere to the Mint Macaron layer.
- Select the sentiment from the A Wish for Everything Stamp Set. Then, stamp the sentiment onto a 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Early Espresso and Bumblebee Classic Ink Pads. Use the 2″ circle punch to cut and use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add to the card front.
- Embellish with a bow using the 3/8” Embroidered Ribbon.
To celebrate the beginning of the new Stampin’ Up! business year, I am launching a Customer Loyalty Program. Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form} for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up!
Place your order here.
The Designer Series Paper Sale is ongoing through the end of October. During this incredible sale, you can save 15% on select Designer Series Papers from current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. You’ll want to stock up on your favorites. Click here to see the beautiful papers on sale.
The October 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects feature fall themed projects.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and November 10, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the October 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by!
The host code for October is: YZ64N9SM. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.