Well, I finally ordered the Gnome for the Holidays Stamp Set! It’s such a cute set and I’m glad I have added it to my collection. It arrived with the Snowflake Splendor Suite and the idea for today’s project was born…a Snowy Gnome! Using the gnome with the snowflakes on his hat in combination with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper, a snow themed card came together. Notice the background of the gnome…it’s created by masking the gnome and sponging inks to create a background that coordinates with the snowy designer series paper.
In the video below, I demonstrate how to color the gnome panel and assemble the card:
- Highland Heather Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ score at 4-1/4″ for base; 4-1/4″ x 3″ for oval base
- Whisper White Cardstock: 5-1/4″ x 4″ for first layer; 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ for gnome; 3-1/4″ x 3/4″ for sentiment
- Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper: 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Balmy Blue Classic Ink Pad
- Misty Moonlight Classic Ink Pad
- Whisper White Craft Ink Pad
- Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- Misty Moonlight (light & dark)
- Highland Heather (light)
- Gray Granite (light)
- Smoky Slate (light)
- Mango Melody (light)
- Color Lifter
- Snowflake Wishes Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Layering Ovals
- Stitched Shapes
- Adhesive-Backed Snowflakes
Here’s the card from the video with a sentiment from the Snowman Season Stamp Set. After stamping the sentiment onto a scrap of Whisper White, I used paper snips to trim around the shape.
Stay tuned for more gnome cards! I have more ideas and will be sharing them soon. I would love to hear your comments!
To celebrate the beginning of the new Stampin’ Up! business year, I am launching a Customer Loyalty Program. Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Oh, don’t forget about the Designer Series Paper Sale. It is ongoing through the end of October. During this incredible sale, you can save 15% on select Designer Series Papers from current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. So, you’ll want to stock up on your favorites. Just click here to see the beautiful papers on sale.
The October 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects feature fall themed projects.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and November 10, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the October 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting…
The host code for October is: YZ64N9SM. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Due to the current health situation, many weddings have to be postponed. When the event is rescheduled, be prepared with a beautiful card. I’m calling today’s card the Poppy Moments Wedding Card, since it features poppies cut with the Poppies Moments Dies. The sentiment and label are from the So Sentimental Bundle. Due to social distancing, the May card class was held via Zoom and participants had fun creating this card together virtually.
And hip, hip, hooray! I have a You Tube video tutorial for you. It’s the first, but I promise you not the last that I’ll create. Yes, it took me awhile but I think I have the filming and editing somewhat figured out. Who said you can’t teach an old dog new tricks! LOL If you scroll past the video, you’ll find the list of materials needed to create the card and assembly details.
- Card Base: Whisper White Thick Cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ and fold)
- Layer 1: Whisper White cardstock (5-1/4″ x 4″)
- Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Poppy Moments Dies
- So Sentimental Bundle (So Sentimental Stamp Set and Stitched So Sweetly Dies)
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Petal Pink cardstock (3-3/4″ x 2-1/2″ for label; 2″ x 4″ for poppies)
- Vellum cardstock (2″ x 4″ for poppies)
- Soft Seafoam Green cardstock – scraps for leaves
- Old Olive cardstock (scraps for leaves
- Basic Black cardstock (scrap piece for flower stamens)
- Petal Pink Metallic-Edge Ribbon (on the Last-Chance Products list)
- Pearl Basic Jewels
- Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins (on the Last-Chance Products list)
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
Card Directions & Assembly:
- Using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder, texture emboss the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White cardstock. After embossing, adhere to the Whisper White Thick cardstock base.
- Cut the following using the Poppy Moments Dies:
- Petal Pink poppy flower outlines – 2
- Vellum Cardstock poppy flower bodies – 2
- Soft Seafoam Cardstock small leaves – 2
- Old Olive cardstock small leaves overlays – 2
- Soft Seafoam cardstock slender leaves – 3
- Old Olive cardstock slend leaves overlays – 3
- Basic Black small flower stamens – 2
- Attach the overlays to the leaves using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
- Next, add the Poppy overlays to the Vellum Poppy bodies by using a Mini Glue Dot in the center of the overlay. NOTE: The overlay is not attached completely to the vellum, just attached at the center.
- With mini glue dots, add the Basic Black stamen to the center of the Poppy overlay.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the Petal Pink and cut label shape.
- Add the leaves and flowers to the back of the label.
- Attach the label piece to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish the center of the stamen with Pearls Basic Jewels.
- Tie a small knot bow with the Petal Pink Metallic-Edge Ribbon. Add to the card with a mini glue dot and embellish the card with the Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins.
All the materials for recreating this card will be available in the upcoming new Annual Catalog except for the ribbon and the sequins. If you want the Petal Pink Metallic-Edge Ribbon or the Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins, be sure to order quickly!
Just a reminder:
Be sure to check the Last-Chance Products list to order some of your favorite products from the current catalog before they are no longer available. The final day to order the last-chance products is June 2 or while supplies last.
Thank you for stopping by and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for May is R929JEAV and the Host Code for June is K3A9P6XS. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!