It’s always fun to find alternate folds to use for card designs. Today’s design is a side fold shared by Patty Bennett during a team stamping event. So, I added the fold to my “must create” fun fold list. Using the So Many Snowflake Dies, multiple snowflakes are cut and layered to embellish the Snowflake Side Fold Card. The Winter Snow Embossing Folder creates the perfect background for the layered snowflakes.
- Snowflake Wishes Bundle
- Balmy Blue cardstock: card base: 4-1/4” x 11”, score at 5-1/2” & 6-3/4”; scraps for cutting snowflakes
- Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper: 1” x 4”
- Whisper White cardstock: 4” x 4” (2 pieces – for front & interior)’ 1” x 3-1/2” for sentiment
- Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper – for large, medium & small snowflake
- Winter Snow Embossing Folder
- Misty Moonlight Classic Ink Pad
- Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems
- Snowflake Splendor ¼” ribbon
- Stampin’ Seal+ Adhesive
- Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Optional: Tag Punch to cut notch for ribbon
Directions for Assembly:
- Fold Balmy Blue card base along fold lines. Use adhesive to seal the card front to the card back in the area between the score lines (5-1/2” to 6-3/4”).
- Add the strip of designer series paper to the card front (sealed section).
- Texture emboss one of the 4” x 4” Whisper White cardstock pieces. Attach to the card front.
- Snowflakes: use the snowflake dies to cut a large, medium and small snowflake from the Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper and the Balmy Blue cardstock. After die cutting snowflakes, layer the cardstock pieces atop the glimmer paper pieces attaching with glue dots.
- Stamp sentiment onto strip of Whisper White cardstock using the Misty Moonlight Classic Ink Pad.
- Position snowflakes to the card front and attach using glue dots.
- Add sentiment strip using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish the center of each snowflake with a Blue Adhesive-Backed Gem.
- Finish the card by wrapping a ribbon around the left side of card, overlapping ends on front of the card. Tie a small bow using the ribbon and attaching where the ribbon overlaps on the card front. TIP: to hold ribbon in place, use tag punch (or another punch) to cut a small notch wide enough to create a track for the ribbon
Be sure to give the side fold card design a try! And add the Snowflake Wishes Bundle to your order, it’s a great set for winter themed cards.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order Project Materials at the bottom of the post or click here to visit my Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Curvy Celebrations is underway! The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle is now available for you to order. Click here to view the products available.
Beary Comforting Paper Pumpkin Kit – Available for ordering through December 10. Kit details and ordering – click here.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting…
The current host code is: CJSBNX7Z. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
In my last post, the Magic In This Night Designer Series Paper was being highlighted on a non-Halloween card. Today, it is front and center again on two Halloween Z-fold cards. One of the cards features spiders and the other features bats. Even with creepy crawlies and things that fly in the night, the cards aren’t too spooky! Since the cards are part of the September To-Go Kit featuring the stamp set, A Wish For Everything, the front sentiment and inside greeting fit perfectly on the Z-Fold cards.
Notice the little spiders? They are cut using the Little Treat Box dies. The spiders are the perfect size for this project.
What fun with the bats! The bats are cut from a piece of the Magic In This Night Designer Series Paper. The Halloween Magic Dies coordinate with designer series paper to cut the bats. Plus there’s a die with the three small flying bats that add the perfect touch to the back panel.
- Card base: Cajun Craze or Black Berry Bliss cardstock: 4-1/4” x 11”, score on 11” side at 2-3/4” & 5-1/2”
- Z-Fold layer – Basic Black Cardstock: 3-1/4” x 9-3/4”, score at 2-3/4” & 5-1/2”
- Magic in this Night Designer Series Paper
- Panels for card base: 4” x 5-1/4”; 2 pcs – 4” x 2-1/2”
- Panels for inside z-fold: 4” x 3”, 2-1/2” x 3”
- Whisper White cardstock panel: 2-1/2” x 3” and 2-1/4” square scrap piece for sentiment
- Stamp Set: A Wish For Everything
- Ink: Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Dies: Halloween Magic, Little Treat Box and Stitched Shapes
- Embellishments: bats cut from the Designer Series Paper & the Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins or the spiders (die cut using the Little Treat Box dies), Basic Rhinestone Jewels & 1-1/2″ Metallic Mesh Ribbon
- First, fold and burnish the score lines on both cards. For the base panel, the small fold is the card front. The card folds into a “z”.
- Add the Magic In This Night designer series paper panels to the card base and to the Basic Black cardstock z-fold layer.
- Using a strong adhesive, attach the z-fold layer to the card base. Note: the large side panel of the z-fold layer is added to the 2-3/4” front panel of the base.
- Next, stamp the inside sentiment with Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Pad onto the Whisper White panel. Then, attach to the last panel of the z-fold.
- For the front sentiment, stamp Happy Halloween onto a 2-1/2” square of Whisper White cardstock. For the circle shape, use the Stitched Shapes Die. If adding sentiment to the spider card, add the metallic mesh ribbon beneath the sentiment. (As an added touch on the spider sentiment, stamp the webs from the Banner Year Stamp Set using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink)
- Refer to photos for each card for placement of spiders and bats. Embellish with adhesive-backed sequins on the bat card and rhinestones on the spider card.
The September 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects are focusing on Halloween.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and September 30, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the September 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE! September is a great time to join – Stampin’ Up! is offering the “Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion”. In addition to the regular Starter Kit ($99), you’ll receive enough cardstock pieces to make 16 cards, a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the So Much Love stamp set, and the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set. Contact me for more details.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully, I’ve inspired you to get creative! Below you will find a list of the project materials used for today’s project. To order the supplies, you can click on the item in Project Materials or download the Supply List and go to my store to by clicking here. (you’ll know you’re shopping with me if you see my name on the upper, left side of the page) Your order is greatly appreciated.
As noted in previous posts, one of my favorite product suites in the Annual Catalog is the Peony Garden Suite. So when celebrating my mother’s birthday in June, the choice was easy. The suite was ideal for decorating a center step peony card to mark the milestone occasion. Plus, the card fit perfectly in a Whisper White medium envelope. Since the celebrating continued for several weeks, the center step peony card was perfect for her to keep it on display!
- The card base starts with a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Petal Pink cardstock. For cutting and scoring to create the center step card base, I followed this video by Wendy Cranford. She uses a wider card but the 1″ cuts on each side of the cardstock and the scoring lines remain the same.
- To cover the front card panels, select coordinating pages from the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper. Cut the following sizes: center panel (4-3/8″ x 2-1/8″), 2 side panels (7/8″ x 4-3/8″) , and bottom panel (4-1/4″ x 7/8″).
- The sentiment on the bottom panel is from the Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set. Since the phrase “Happy Birthday” is combined on one stamp, use a post-it mask on the word you do not want to stamp with the Gray Granite Classic Stampin’ Pad. Next, attach a piece of Gray Granite cardstock to an Adhesive Foam Sheet and cut with the Playful Alphabet Dies. Add to the center of the panel between the sentiment phrase.
- Now, attach the panels to the card front using Stampin’ Seal or Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
- Use the Peony Dies to cut the flower pieces from Petal Pink cardstock. Cut the stamen from a scrap of Basic Black cardstock. Sponge along the edges of the flower pieces with Petal Pink Classic Ink and assemble the peony.
- With Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad, stamp the large stemmed peony onto Whisper White cardstock. Cut with the coordinating Peony Die. Color the stem using Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Markers. Note: you do not need to color the flower since you’ll cover it with the die cut peony flower. Attach to the center panel using Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Add the peony flower to the flower stem using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive covering the peony flower on the stem.
- Embellish around the flower with Clear Epoxy Droplets and add a small 1/4″ Gray Granite Shimmer Ribbon bow.
There are many variations for creating center step cards. Just vary the center step width to create a wider card. Have fun creating a center step card!
Be sure to check out the new Online Store by clicking here. When viewing the new Online Store, be sure to check in the upper left hand corner for the Shopping With notice. You should see my name listed. Don’t forget if you earned $5 Bonus Days coupon codes last month, August is the month to use them!
The August 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month it features the Nothing’s Better Than product bundle.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store from now – August 31, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the August 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com so I can send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by today! Happy crafting…
The host code for August is: JUU2YA39. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Check out this beautiful Diamond Easel Card! Before being required to shelter-in-place, our community craft club held its monthly meeting. At the meeting a member of the Playtime with Paper team, Beneta, led the class in making the card design. I choose a Mother’s Day sentiment and will be sending the card to my mother. For our cards, the Good Morning Magnolia Bundle and coordinating Magnolia Lane Designer Series paper combine to create this beautiful fancy fun fold card.
For full details on creating a Diamond Easel Card be sure to check out Susan Levasseur’s post at this link: www.wownolacreations.com. In addition to products and sizes required for the card, Susan has a step-by-step video you can follow. Note: Stampin’ Blends can be used in place of the watercolor pencils and Stampin’ Write Markers.
Making the Diamond Easel Card was a huge success at the craft club meeting. A big “Thank You” to Beneta for leading the club in creating the card!
I can’t wait to try making the card again using another of the Stampin’ Up! bundles and coordinating papers. Be sure to notice that the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper is discounted on the Last-Chance Product List. It is available while supplies last or thru June 2. Grab it before it’s gone!
Thank you for stopping by today and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for May is R929JEAV. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!
If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you’ll recall past birthday cards for my friend’s mother, Ms. Lorraine. This year was a very special birthday for Ms. Lorraine. She celebrated turning 100 years old!!! Naturally, it required an extra special birthday card. There were a variety of sentiments to add to the card so the double Z-fold with extra panels offered a perfect design. You’ll notice the card uses a combination of current and discontinued Stampin’ Up! products. The discontinued products includes the Number of Years and Picture Perfect Birthday Stamp Sets. With such a milestone, the numbers definitely should be front and center. Though I often do not keep non-current products, there are certain stamp sets and bundles that are must haves forever. The Number of Years is one such set! And Picture Perfect Birthday is a favorite. The other card elements are from the Bird Ballad Suite.
The front of the card and envelope.
A view of the interior side panels.
The back of the card and the envelope flap.
Details for the card:
As you note from the photos above, almost all of the panels front and back have decor. For a handwritten sentiment, a panel on the back works perfectly. Notice the envelope? As an extra touch, both the front and back of the envelope are stamped and colored with Stampin’ Blends. Tip: To avoid the blends from bleeding through the envelope, insert a scrap of paper behind the image before coloring.
For the card base, use Pool Party cardstock. Then on the card base, build layers using Daffodil Delight cardstock with an additional layer of the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper on the panels. For the interior z-panels, the Daffodil Delight layer has panels of Whisper White cardstock. The stamp sets, Stitched All Around and Picture Perfect Birthday, provide perfect interior sentiments. Fussy cut the bird and flowers to embellish the card panels. The words, Happy Birthday, are from the A Wish for Everything Stamp Set. Rhinestone Basic Jewels add a touch of bling to the flowers. To match the The Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon to the card base, a dark Pool Party Stampin’ Blends easily does the job!
Another tip: when creating a card, look at all of your stamp sets and mix/match to fit the occasion.
As my husband and I were traveling on a bucket list trip, we were not able to attend the celebration for Ms.Lorraine. I understand that she loved the card!
Hope you have a great weekend. We’re finally getting Fall like temperatures so I’m looking forward to enjoying the outdoors!
Thanks for stopping by…Happy Crafting!
- During the month of October, for every $50 order (before shipping & taxes), you’ll receive a Thank You gift of the Shimmery Crystal Effects from me. Thank you for your support and I appreciate your business. Note: If you place your order as a guest and indicate “no contact”, I am unable to send your gift as I will not receive your name and address information.
- The Host Code for October is 2RS937Q3:. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!
The Fall Fun Fold card is a change from the typical card design and “fun fold” definitely describes this card. The card is one of the samples from the September class and showcases products from both current Stampin’ Up! Catalogs. The Country Home Photopolymer Stamp Set can be found in the Annual Catalog on page 95. Though it’s a great set to use year round, the milk can with the cotton bolls floral arrangement reminds me of Fall. The Come To Gather Designer Series Paper, from the Holiday Catalog, is added on the front fold panel. Continue reading below the card photos for the card details.
- First layer is Mint Macaron cardstock: 4-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- To create the slender folded panel, use Pretty Peacock cardstock. The size is 9-1/2″ x 2-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-3/4″.
- Referring to photos for the placement, attach the Pretty Peacock panel to the Mint Macaron card base using adhesive.
- Cut two panels of Whisper White cardstock 4-1/2″ x 2-1/4″. On one of the panels, stamp the milk can using Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad. Stamp the florals with Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad. Use Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad for the sentiment. TIP: To make alignment and stamping easier, use the Stamparatus.
- Use the following Stampin’ Blends: Smoky Slate (light & dark for the milk can), Mint Macaron (light & dark for leaves), Rich Razzleberry (dark for the berries), Daffodil Delight (dark for the center flower) and Cajun Craze (light and dark for the seed pods).
- For the cotton bolls, add small touches of the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint and heat set. TIP: Work quickly as the puff paint is very thin (little goes a long way) and can dissolve the stamped image. I suggest doing a section at a time. Add a small amount of the Puff Paint, heat set and repeat. If you look closely at my photo, you’ll notice the stamped image started to dissolve giving a “dirty” appearance to the cotton bolls. Of course, cotton bolls aren’t all pristine white!
- For the interior sentiment, stamp it with the Pretty Peacock on the other Whisper White panel. The sentiment is from the Country Home Stamp Set. If desired, stamp the wheat sheath from the Gather Together using Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad to the side of the sentiment.
- To complete the card, add the panels to the Pretty Peacock fun fold piece with adhesive.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this Fall Fun Fold. Credit for the fun fold goes to Dawn Olchefske at DO Stamping with Dawn. She featured the fun fold on a project and I added the design to my “give it a try” list. Now you can add it to your list!
When ready to place your order, click on the items under Project Materials. During the month of October, for every $50 order (before shipping & taxes), you’ll receive a Thank You gift of the Shimmery Crystal Effects from me. Thank you for your support and I appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by…Happy Crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for September is: J96YXBD3. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!