A few weeks ago, I shared a Beauty Abounds card. Afterwards, I decided to create additional cards with the stamp set. Today’s Beauty Abounds Hello with it’s cheerful colors reminds me of summer. Mango Melody, Lemon Lime Twist and Highland Heather coordinate perfectly. I especially like that the background stamps from the set and my favorite are the “bubbles.” The card greeting from the Floral Frames stamp set is perfect to use on cards when you just want to send a note for no particular reason other than to say “hello.” Do you enjoy receiving handwritten notes? In this world full of electronic communication, I still like to occasionally receive handwritten notes and this Beauty Abounds Hello would be a lovely card to receive.
- Card base is Mango Melody cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ score and fold at 4-1/4″)
- Second layer is a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock.
- Next, stamp the floral stem from the Beauty Abounds stamp set onto a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Refer to photo of card for placement.
- Use Highland Heather to stamp the large bubbles two times across the floral stem.
- Stamp the small bubbles three times on the stem using Mango Melody Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad. NOTE: Stamp off onto a scrap of paper before stamping onto the card.
- Randomly stamp “splatters” using Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad.
- On a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, use Tuxedo Black Memento Ink to stamp the Hello from the Floral Frames Stamp Set. Cut using the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch. Layer onto a 2″ Circle of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock. Attach to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- With the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, stamp a small and a large butterfly onto card. Color using Light Highland Heather and Light Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends.
- Use the Butterfly Beauty Dies to cut a small butterfly from Mango Melody cardstock to attach to sentiment piece. Embellish butterfly with a small Rhinestone Basic Jewel.
- Complete embellishing the sentiment with the green Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins.
Please take note that the Lemon Lime Twist color is retiring on June 3 and supplies of cardstock have been depleted. Granny Apple Green works with the other colors too. Additionally, the Floral Frames Stamp Set is retiring. Stamp set availability is guaranteed until May 24, with the last day to purchase as June 3 (or while supplies last.) Also note that after June 3, the item numbers for the non-retiring products may be changing so be sure to search the name in the new catalog.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Crafting…
Project Materials: (click to order)
When designing cards for this month’s card class, I wanted to utilize the Beauty Abounds and Butterfly Gala stamp sets on one of the cards. While perusing Pinterest, I saw several cards using the Beauty Abounds to create a diagonal sweeping pattern and love the look. The bubbles from Beauty Abounds Cling Stamp Set creates a wonderful Bokeh effect. A color combination of Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather is gorgeous on projects. So, I thought it would be perfect for the cards. The colors worked perfect on the design. A butterfly stamped from the Butterfly Gala stamp set adds the finishing touch. Don’t you agree, the card is stunning?
What is wonderful is the card is great for any level of stamper. The Beauty Abounds stamps make it easy to create a beautiful background to feature the butterfly. The
- To create a card base, use Granny Apple Green Cardstock (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ – scored at 4-1/4″ for a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ card).
- The second layer is Highland Heather Cardstock (5-1/4″ x 4″).
- Whisper White cardstock is cut to a size of 3-3/4″ x 5″.
- Use Tuxedo Black Memento Ink to stamp the floral stamp from Beauty Abounds diagonally on the Whisper White cardstock. First, stamp in one direction, re-ink the stamp, rotate and stamp again to create a full diagonal.
- With the larger “bubbles” stamp, stamp five times with Highland Heather Classic Ink pad turning to vary the directions of the bubbles.
- Next, use the smaller “bubbles” stamp and Gorgeous Grape Classic Ink. Stamp three times.
- Use the splatter stamp and the Granny Apple Green to enhance the bubbles. Note – use the stamp off method (ink stamp, then “stamp off” onto a piece of scrap paper before stamping onto the card.
- Stamp the butterfly from the Butterfly Gala stamp set in Memento Black onto a 2-1/2″ square of Whisper White cardstock. Use coordinating punch to cut shape. With sponge dauber, color the butterfly using Gorgeous Grape.
- Attach the butterfly to a 1-3/4″ punched circle of Granny Apple Green Cardstock using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere to center of card after adding Silver Metallic Thread to the card.
- The sentiment, A Little Note, from Butterfly Gala is stamped on the lower left corner using the Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- For an added touch, stamp envelope and the inside card panel with small bubbles and a small butterfly.
The Beauty Abounds stamps create a perfect background for a variety of card designs. I plan to create additional cards using other color combinations. What are your favorite color combinations? Reply in comments and I’ll create a card using your favorite colors.
Thanks for stopping by!
Project Materials: (click on photo to order)
Hope you had a wonderful Easter. This year, it was a quiet Easter for my husband and me so I was able to spend part of the afternoon in my craft cave. Since I could not spend endless hours crafting, I decided to make the Incredible Like You Project Kit. That’s the beauty of using a kit, they are great when you want to make projects fast. This kit is on the Last Chance product list and is available until June 3 or while supplies last. In my opinion, the photos in the Occasions Catalog do not do the cards justice. The cards are beautiful! The laser-cut overlays add a touch of elegance. The kit contains the materials to make 16 cards (four of each design). The project kit coordinates with the Incredible Like You Stamp Set. The sentiments in the stamp set are a couple of my favorites. However, it’s easy to substitute the sentiments and use your favorite stamp sets sentiments. Additional products you may need to complete the kit per the kit instructions are Coastal Cabana and Lovely Lipstick Classic Stampin’ Pads and Multipurpose Glue. Below the photos are a few added tips for assembly.
Here are a few alternative sentiments used. Plus, check out the lined envelope that is in the kit.
What’s even better, is the kit contains a reusable storage envelope.
- Separate each of the card designs and the card elements into individual stacks
- Select sentiments and stamp onto the appropriate size labels
- Use the Take Your Pick for removing the glue dots included with the kit (or use your own mini glue dots).
- To attach the laser-cut overlays, use small dots of multipurpose adhesive glue along the overlay edges. Remember, a little of the glue goes a long way!
The project kit contains assembly instructions. Also refer to the Stampin’ Up! You Tube video to watch Tanner assemble the kit.
It was great to be able to make 16 cards quickly. They are now in the reusable storage envelope ready for use.
Remember to order your kit before it’s no longer available!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
PROJECT MATERIALS: (click to order)
Since Easter is quickly approaching, I want to share a simple Easter Treat Holder that you can make last minute. This is the final project from this month’s class. Don’t you think it’s perfect to highlight the bunny’s face on the Hershey’s Easter Candy? What’s great about the project is you can easily alter it to hold any small, flat candy bar.
The treat holders feature the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper. Use the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack to embellish with flowers. Below are details on recreating the project.
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock: 9-1/2″ x 2″ score at 4-1/2″ & 5″ and one piece 3-1/2″ x 1″ score at 1/4″ on each side then cut in half at 1-3/4″ so you will have 2 pieces 1-3/4″ x 1″
- Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper: 1-7/8″ x 4-3/8″
- Cardstock to match Designer Series Paper: 2″ x 3″
- Scraps of Whisper White for sentiment and desired colors to punch small flower embellishments. The colors used above are Berry Burst, Blueberry Bushel, Daffodil Delight & Grapefruit Grove.
- Detailed Trio Punch
- Best Bunny Photopolymer Stamp Set for Surprise! sentiment
- Itty Bitty Greetings Clear Mount Stamp Set for Easter Greetings sentiment
- Layering Ovals Framelits Dies (counting from smallest die to largest the following dies are used: 1, 3, & 4
- Classic Label Punch for Easter Greetings Sentiment
- Garden Green Classic Stamp Pad
- Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins
- Pearl Basic Jewels
- 1/8″ Sheer Whisper White Ribbon
- Adhesives: Snail, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive and Mini-Glue Dots
- Take Your Pick Tool
Earlier today, I did a short Facebook Live Video demonstrating the project assembly. You can locate it here. Remember, you can easily adjust the dimensions and use for other treats.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy making these simple Easter treat holders! Comments are welcomed!!!
Project Materials (click on item to order – note some are Last Chance items, so order quickly)
Ready for another treat project from the All About Easter class? Today’s post, Gingham Treat Basket, highlights the Gingham Gala 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. There are various versions of this basket style on Pinterest. I do not recall where I saw the dimensions used but it’s a simple basket that is fun to embellish. I love the look of the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper (DSP) and selected the Lemon Lime Twist color for the basket. To embellish the basket, the Daisy Punch was used to punch multiple daisies from the Daffodil Delight Gingham Gala DSP. The color of the Gingham Gala DSP are perfect for Spring. Keeping with the theme, a pick featuring the Fable Friends bunny with a crown of flowers adds the finishing touch.
Creating the basket:
- Score one page of the Gingham Gala at 2″ and 4″, rotate and score again at 2″ and 4″.
- On one side, cut along the score lines just to the point where the score lines intersect. Rotate paper 180° and again, cut along the score line to the point where the score lines intersect.
- Use a bone folder to burnish along the score lines.
- Cut a 1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of coordinating cardstock to use as handle.
- Form basket by pulling the cut pieces to the middle of the 4″ panel on each side and overlapping. Place handle atop the pieces and staple to secure.
- Optional: To cover the staples inside of the basket, punch a 1″ circle punch of the gingham paper and adhere with adhesive over the exposed staples.
Embellishing the Basket:
- Punch four daisies from the Daffodil Delight Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper.
- Sponge the edges of each daisy using Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad and a sponge dauber.
- Use a bone folder to curl the daisy petals. Layer two daisies and connect with a stampin’ dimensional. Repeat with other daisy petals (embellishment is on both sides of basket)
- Create daisy center using the Bitty Blooms Punch Bundle to cut a flower from a scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Attach using a mini glue dot. Add a Glitter Enamel Dot to the center.
- Cut leaves from Lemon Lime Twist and Vellum Cardstocks using the Foliage Frame Framelits Dies.
- Attach leaves to back of the daisy using mini glue dots.
- Use Stampin Dimensionals to attach a daisy to each basket side at the handle.
Making the Bunny Pick:
- Stamp the rabbit from Fable Friends Cling Stamp Set using Jet Black Stazon Ink onto Shimmery White cardstock.
- Color using an Aqua Painter, Crumb Cake and Lemon Lime Twist inks.
- Fussy cut the rabbit using paper snips.
- Create a crown of flowers by punching three Daffodil Delight flowers (two are solid cardstock and one is Gingham Gala DSP) using the Bitty Blooms Punch Bundle. Use leaf in Bitty Blooms to punch leaves.
- Attach the flowers and leaves to the rabbit using mini glue dots, slightly cupping the flowers to fit.
- Add a basic rhinestone jewel to the center of each flower.
- On a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, stamp Enjoy (from Dear Doily) using the black ink. Punch with 2″ circle punch so that the word is to the left side of circle with room to add the bunny.
- Punch a 2-1/4″ circle of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock to use as base for pick. With multipurpose adhesive, glue pick to the base. (since I wanted a pick slightly longer than a regular toothpick, I shortened a four-inch bamboo skewer to approximately 2-3/4″ by breaking off a piece from the non-pointed end)
- Attach the Enjoy circle to the pick base using stampin’ dimensionals.
- Finish by adding the bunny. The treats and paper shreds help to hold pick in place.
Thanks for stopping by! I am attending OnStage in Charlotte this weekend and get a sneak peak of the upcoming Annual Catalog along with some of the new products. So be sure to check in next week as I’ll be sharing details. Have a great weekend!
Happy Monday! Today the monthly card class featured All About Easter projects. The group had fun making cards and several treat holders. Since Easter is approaching in a couple of weeks, I’ll be sharing the projects in the next several posts. The first of the projects is an Easter greetings card. Have you seen the bunny from the Fable Friends Cling Stamp Set in the Occasions Catalog? The bunny is so cute so I knew he had to be included in some of the projects. The bunny also reminds me of the bunny from the Beatrix Potter books. The Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder adds dimension to the background layer.
Create the card base using Crumb Cake cardstock. Next, texture emboss a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Grapefruit Grove cardstock using the Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Attach to the card base using adhesive.
Stamp the bunny from the Fable Friends Cling Stamp Set onto Whisper White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Then color the bunny body using both Crumb Cake Light and Crumb Cake Dark Stampin’ Blends Markers. Highlight the center of the ears and the bunny abdomen using the Petal Pink Light Stampin’ Blends Marker. Notice the bunny’s jacket? The jacket area of the bunny stamp is stamped onto a scrap of Grapefruit Grove Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper. After stamping, use paper snips to “fussy cut” the jacket. To add grass around the bunny, use Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad and the grass stamp from the Fable Friends stamp set. Cut using the large oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. Use the large oval die from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies to cut Crumb Cake Cardstock. Layer the bunny oval onto the Crumb Cake Oval.
Using the Memento Tuxedo Black Ink pad to stamp the sentiment from the stamp set onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment tag uses the Detailed Birthday Elements Framelits Dies which are now discontinued. However, it’s easy to create a tag using an oblong die such as in the Storybook Scene Thinlits. Use a handheld circle punch to create the circle to add the Silver & Petal Pink Baker’s Twine. Add the Bunny Oval to the tufted layer on the card base. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the greeting. Complete the card by adding Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins and Basic Pearls to embellish the card.
Thanks you for stopping by! Check back on Wednesday to see another All About Easter project!
Project Materials: (to order, just click on product)