Yes, we still have a few months to go before Christmas arrives but it’s never to early to start planning! Today, I’m sharing a Patchwork Christmas card. Using the Rectangular Postage Stamp punch, a variety of coordinating papers from the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper are cut. The Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper has many patterns in traditional Christmas colors so it’s perfect for creating a patchwork card. The sentiment for the card is chosen from the Tag Buffet Photopolymer Stamp Set.
Card Materials & Details:
- Card base: Real Red cardstock
- Layer 1: Mossy Meadow cardstock (5-1/4″ x 4″)
- Punch eight (8) coordinating pieces of the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper using the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch.
- Randomly arrange the postage stamp pieces onto the Mossy Meadow cardstock layer allowing some to overlap the edges. After adhering in place, trim the edges of the
postage stamps that overlap. NOTE: When arranging the pieces, you will have an open space in the card center – it will be covered by the sentiment label. Also, pay attention and only add adhesive to the portion of the stamp that will be on the Mossy Meadow layer (ask me why?! LOL)
- Use strong adhesive and attach the postage stamp layer to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock using Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad. Cut shape using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies.
- With Stampin’ Seal, attach the sentiment piece to a Real Red label cut using the next larger size Stitched Nested Labels Dies.
- Attach the label to the card front covering the open space area in the card center. To add lift, attach using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish around the sentiment with red rhinestone jewels.
The Patchwork Christmas Card design is great to use if you’re making multiple cards. Select your favorite coordinating Designer Series Papers and start punching! By varying the placement and paper patterns of the postage shapes, you can create cards that differ slightly. Yet, you’re using the same materials for all of the cards. Select your favorite holiday sentiments to add even more variety. The full list of items used for today’s card is listed at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget if you earned $5 Bonus Days coupon codes last month, August is the month to use them! Redeem them on or before August 31, 2020. Be sure to check out the Online Store by clicking here. When viewing the Online Store, be sure to check in the upper left hand corner for the Shopping With notice. You should see my name listed.
Still available is the August 3D Tutorial Bundle! This month it features the Nothing’s Better Than product bundle. You’ll want to get it before September 1st.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store from now – August 31, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the August 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com so I can send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by today! As always, don’t hesitate to contact me via email or in the comments section with any questions regarding the projects presented. Happy crafting…
The host code for August is: JUU2YA39. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
One of the new tools in the Annual Catalog is the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. The design provides six options allowing you to create a variety of labels. Last week, I used the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch for the first time and it will definitely become one of my “go to” tools. The video below highlights the features of the punch. You can see the card using the punch below the video.
Here’s the card I created that uses the Lovely Label Pick A Punch:
The card base uses the Flowers for Every Season Memories & More Cards and Envelopes. Three strips of the Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper are cut to fit inside the dotted line rectangular box on the card. Stamp the sentiment onto a 1/2″ strip of Whisper White cardstock and cut the ends using the Lovely Label Pick a Punch. Create a layering label piece by cutting a 3/4″ piece of cardstock that coordinates with the card base. Texture emboss the label using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. Add the sentiment label to the texture embossed label. Finish card by embellishing the label with leaf pieces from the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper. Then, attach the label to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
There is still time to purchase the June Tutorial Bundle.
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and June 30, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE. Note: be sure to register and allow me to contact you so I receive notice of your order and can send the tutorial.
2. Purchase the June 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE! From now through June 30th, Stampin’ Up! is offering a Pick A Free Bundle Promotion. When you become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, you can choose any stamp and tool bundle from the new 2020–2021 Annual Catalog for FREE. So it’s a great time to join! Click here to join.
Thank you for stopping by today and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for June is K3A9P6XS. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!
If you’ve been following my blog you know that for the past three weeks, my husband and I were traveling. Well, vacation’s over and I’m trying to get back into the groove. Guess you would say that I’m suffering vacation withdrawal! Have you ever experienced it? In addition to visiting places on our bucket list, we celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary. (yes, I was just a babe when we got married! LOL) Before leaving on the cruise, I made an anniversary card for my husband. It was definitely a surprise to him. He wondered when I had time to make the card between Christmas, packing for our trip, removing Christmas decorations on December 26 and watching the two grandchildren on New Year’s Eve. Fortunately, I was able to sneak in a few minutes from the busy schedule to make a simple stamping anniversary card. The Heartfelt Bundle and Country Club Designer Series Paper from the Mini Catalog were perfect to use for creating a quick card.
How to create the card:
Use Thick Whisper White cardstock for the card base. Next, add a 5-1/4″ x 4″ layer of Garden Green cardstock. The top layer is a piece of the plaid Country Club Designer Series Paper (3-3/4″ x 5″). Punch a Garden Green heart using the Heart Punch Pack from the Heartfelt Bundle. Stamp the dotted heart onto Whisper White cardstock using Night of Navy Stampin’ Pad. Use heart punch to cut the shape. The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Greetings Stamp Set in the Annual Catalog. Add he green heart to the card using snail adhesive and layer the sentiment heart atop the green heart using Stampin’ Dimensionals. A Rhinestone Basic Jewel adds a touch of sparkle to the sentiment heart. Finish the card by wrapping the Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon around the card and tying into a flat knot.
Hopefully, you were able to view my Facebook posts featuring photos of some of the spots visited. As we were cruising, internet was not reliable thus I did not post as many photos as planned. Our trip was outstanding and we were able to cross a few places off of our bucket list. Below are a couple of highlights from our excursion to Machu Picchu. Definitely, add this wonder to your trip bucket list.
Thank you for stopping by today. Have a great weekend and check back next week for more project ideas!
Remember: Sale-a-bration continues until March 31, 2020. With qualifying purchases of $50 or more (before shipping & taxes), you can order FREE product. Check out the Sale-a-Bration brochure under the Catalog link.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for January is 6QHPCCUD. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!
Are you looking for some quick to make gift tags? I have you covered with these last minute gift tags. I don’t know about you but it seems that at Christmas, I am rushing to finish wrapping presents. Since a gift needs a tag, it needs to be quick to make. The three gift tags that I’m sharing today are quick and easy making them perfect to create last minute. For the three tags, I decided to use different themes for each – a snowman, a pine tree and a penguin.
Penguin Gift Tag:
- Create a tag base by cutting a piece of Whisper White cardstock 2″ x 4-1/2″ and punch one end using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. If desired, round the corners on the opposite end of the tag using the Detailed Trio Punch. Stamp the penguin from the Playful Penguin stamp set onto the tag using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. On a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the scarf using Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad. Fussy cut the scarf and add to the stamped penguin using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Next, stamp Merriest Wishes on the front and To/From on the back of the tag using the Real Red ink. If desired, complete by adding a ribbon or twine to the tag.
Pine Tree Gift Tag:
Use the Pine Tree Punch to cut a tree from the Wrapped in Plaid Specialty Designer Series Paper. With the 2″ circle punch, cut two pieces of Whisper White cardstock (one for the front of the tag and one for the back). Use a scalloped circle from the Layering Circles Dies to cut a piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock. Add the Whisper White circles to scalloped circle using Snail Adhesive. One one side, attach the Pine Tree to the tag using Stampin’ Dimensionals and on the reverse stamp To/From. Stamp the “No Peeking Til Christmas” from the Itty Bitty Christmas Stamp Set using Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Then, fussy cut around the sentiment and attach to the Pine Tree. Tie a small ribbon to add to the top of the tree. With a handheld punch, punch a small hole into the top of the tag. Thread a thin ribbon or Baker’s Twine through the hole and tie. NOTE: the gold twine on my sample is a discontinued product but you can color Whisper White Baker’s Twine with the Dark Real Red Stampin’ Blend to use in place of the gold twine.
Snowman Gift Tag:
- Create the tag base by using the Delightful Tag Topper on one end of a 2″ x 4-1/4″ strip of Whisper White cardstock. Cut a 1-3/4″ x 3-1/4″ background piece from the Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper. Attach to the Whisper White tag base. Using the Layering Ovals Dies, cut a snowman from the Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper. Attach to the background layer using Snail adhesive. Stamp sentiment onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad. Cut using the Classic Label Punch. NOTE: the sentiment is from the Most Wonderful Product Medley. Or, select your favorite holiday sentiment to use.
Though I have chosen to use three different designs, you may decide to create one style to use on your gift packages. Whichever you prefer, the gift tags will be quick and easy to create last minute!
Time is running out for Holiday shipping so place your orders soon. Note – many of the products used will not be available after January 2, 2020. Therefore, be sure to order your favorites so you’ll have them for future use.
Thanks for stopping by!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for December is X9EWHRMR: Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!
This cheerful Pineapple Punch Daisy card is a recreation of the card from last year’s In-Color Club. With the 2018-2020 In-Color Designer Series Paper retiring soon, I am creating cards to use the last of my paper stash. I am excited for the release of new Designer Series Paper but still have my retiring favorites. It definitely screams summer and cheerfulness. Plus it highlights the various Pineapple Punch products. The Daisy Delight stamp set is used to stamp the top layer of daisy petals. It is embossed with Pineapple Punch Stampin’ Emboss Powder. The 2018-2020 In-Color Stampin’ Emboss Powder is retiring so you’ll want to place your order before it’s gone.
What you’ll love with the 6″ x 6″ In-Color Designer Series Paper is the various designs that you can mix and match. Since the colors coordinate, the stripes and polka dots blend. With the Designer Series Paper package, you’ll receive 40 sheets with 4 each of 2 double-sided designs. The five in-colors in the package are Pineapple Punch, Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Call Me Clover and Blueberry Bushel.
Instructions and project materials for you to recreate the cheerful Pineapple Punch Daisy card is in the Tutorial Section on my blog.
Thanks for stopping by!
Project Materials (Click on product to order)
Ready for another treat project from the All About Easter class? Today’s post, Gingham Treat Basket, highlights the Gingham Gala 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. There are various versions of this basket style on Pinterest. I do not recall where I saw the dimensions used but it’s a simple basket that is fun to embellish. I love the look of the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper (DSP) and selected the Lemon Lime Twist color for the basket. To embellish the basket, the Daisy Punch was used to punch multiple daisies from the Daffodil Delight Gingham Gala DSP. The color of the Gingham Gala DSP are perfect for Spring. Keeping with the theme, a pick featuring the Fable Friends bunny with a crown of flowers adds the finishing touch.
Creating the basket:
- Score one page of the Gingham Gala at 2″ and 4″, rotate and score again at 2″ and 4″.
- On one side, cut along the score lines just to the point where the score lines intersect. Rotate paper 180° and again, cut along the score line to the point where the score lines intersect.
- Use a bone folder to burnish along the score lines.
- Cut a 1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of coordinating cardstock to use as handle.
- Form basket by pulling the cut pieces to the middle of the 4″ panel on each side and overlapping. Place handle atop the pieces and staple to secure.
- Optional: To cover the staples inside of the basket, punch a 1″ circle punch of the gingham paper and adhere with adhesive over the exposed staples.
Embellishing the Basket:
- Punch four daisies from the Daffodil Delight Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper.
- Sponge the edges of each daisy using Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad and a sponge dauber.
- Use a bone folder to curl the daisy petals. Layer two daisies and connect with a stampin’ dimensional. Repeat with other daisy petals (embellishment is on both sides of basket)
- Create daisy center using the Bitty Blooms Punch Bundle to cut a flower from a scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Attach using a mini glue dot. Add a Glitter Enamel Dot to the center.
- Cut leaves from Lemon Lime Twist and Vellum Cardstocks using the Foliage Frame Framelits Dies.
- Attach leaves to back of the daisy using mini glue dots.
- Use Stampin Dimensionals to attach a daisy to each basket side at the handle.
Making the Bunny Pick:
- Stamp the rabbit from Fable Friends Cling Stamp Set using Jet Black Stazon Ink onto Shimmery White cardstock.
- Color using an Aqua Painter, Crumb Cake and Lemon Lime Twist inks.
- Fussy cut the rabbit using paper snips.
- Create a crown of flowers by punching three Daffodil Delight flowers (two are solid cardstock and one is Gingham Gala DSP) using the Bitty Blooms Punch Bundle. Use leaf in Bitty Blooms to punch leaves.
- Attach the flowers and leaves to the rabbit using mini glue dots, slightly cupping the flowers to fit.
- Add a basic rhinestone jewel to the center of each flower.
- On a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, stamp Enjoy (from Dear Doily) using the black ink. Punch with 2″ circle punch so that the word is to the left side of circle with room to add the bunny.
- Punch a 2-1/4″ circle of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock to use as base for pick. With multipurpose adhesive, glue pick to the base. (since I wanted a pick slightly longer than a regular toothpick, I shortened a four-inch bamboo skewer to approximately 2-3/4″ by breaking off a piece from the non-pointed end)
- Attach the Enjoy circle to the pick base using stampin’ dimensionals.
- Finish by adding the bunny. The treats and paper shreds help to hold pick in place.
Thanks for stopping by! I am attending OnStage in Charlotte this weekend and get a sneak peak of the upcoming Annual Catalog along with some of the new products. So be sure to check in next week as I’ll be sharing details. Have a great weekend!