Ready for another treat project from the All About Easter class? Today’s post, Gingham Treat Basket, highlights the Gingham Gala 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. There are various versions of this basket style on Pinterest. I do not recall where I saw the dimensions used but it’s a simple basket that is fun to embellish. I love the look of the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper (DSP) and selected the Lemon Lime Twist color for the basket. To embellish the basket, the Daisy Punch was used to punch multiple daisies from the Daffodil Delight Gingham Gala DSP. The color of the Gingham Gala DSP are perfect for Spring. Keeping with the theme, a pick featuring the Fable Friends bunny with a crown of flowers adds the finishing touch.
Creating the basket:
- Score one page of the Gingham Gala at 2″ and 4″, rotate and score again at 2″ and 4″.
- On one side, cut along the score lines just to the point where the score lines intersect. Rotate paper 180° and again, cut along the score line to the point where the score lines intersect.
- Use a bone folder to burnish along the score lines.
- Cut a 1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of coordinating cardstock to use as handle.
- Form basket by pulling the cut pieces to the middle of the 4″ panel on each side and overlapping. Place handle atop the pieces and staple to secure.
- Optional: To cover the staples inside of the basket, punch a 1″ circle punch of the gingham paper and adhere with adhesive over the exposed staples.
Embellishing the Basket:
- Punch four daisies from the Daffodil Delight Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper.
- Sponge the edges of each daisy using Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad and a sponge dauber.
- Use a bone folder to curl the daisy petals. Layer two daisies and connect with a stampin’ dimensional. Repeat with other daisy petals (embellishment is on both sides of basket)
- Create daisy center using the Bitty Blooms Punch Bundle to cut a flower from a scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Attach using a mini glue dot. Add a Glitter Enamel Dot to the center.
- Cut leaves from Lemon Lime Twist and Vellum Cardstocks using the Foliage Frame Framelits Dies.
- Attach leaves to back of the daisy using mini glue dots.
- Use Stampin Dimensionals to attach a daisy to each basket side at the handle.
Making the Bunny Pick:
- Stamp the rabbit from Fable Friends Cling Stamp Set using Jet Black Stazon Ink onto Shimmery White cardstock.
- Color using an Aqua Painter, Crumb Cake and Lemon Lime Twist inks.
- Fussy cut the rabbit using paper snips.
- Create a crown of flowers by punching three Daffodil Delight flowers (two are solid cardstock and one is Gingham Gala DSP) using the Bitty Blooms Punch Bundle. Use leaf in Bitty Blooms to punch leaves.
- Attach the flowers and leaves to the rabbit using mini glue dots, slightly cupping the flowers to fit.
- Add a basic rhinestone jewel to the center of each flower.
- On a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, stamp Enjoy (from Dear Doily) using the black ink. Punch with 2″ circle punch so that the word is to the left side of circle with room to add the bunny.
- Punch a 2-1/4″ circle of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock to use as base for pick. With multipurpose adhesive, glue pick to the base. (since I wanted a pick slightly longer than a regular toothpick, I shortened a four-inch bamboo skewer to approximately 2-3/4″ by breaking off a piece from the non-pointed end)
- Attach the Enjoy circle to the pick base using stampin’ dimensionals.
- Finish by adding the bunny. The treats and paper shreds help to hold pick in place.
Thanks for stopping by! I am attending OnStage in Charlotte this weekend and get a sneak peak of the upcoming Annual Catalog along with some of the new products. So be sure to check in next week as I’ll be sharing details. Have a great weekend!