When designing cards for this month’s card class, I wanted to utilize the Beauty Abounds and Butterfly Gala stamp sets on one of the cards. While perusing Pinterest, I saw several cards using the Beauty Abounds to create a diagonal sweeping pattern and love the look. The bubbles from Beauty Abounds Cling Stamp Set creates a wonderful Bokeh effect. A color combination of Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather is gorgeous on projects. So, I thought it would be perfect for the cards. The colors worked perfect on the design. A butterfly stamped from the Butterfly Gala stamp set adds the finishing touch. Don’t you agree, the card is stunning?
What is wonderful is the card is great for any level of stamper. The Beauty Abounds stamps make it easy to create a beautiful background to feature the butterfly. The
- To create a card base, use Granny Apple Green Cardstock (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ – scored at 4-1/4″ for a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ card).
- The second layer is Highland Heather Cardstock (5-1/4″ x 4″).
- Whisper White cardstock is cut to a size of 3-3/4″ x 5″.
- Use Tuxedo Black Memento Ink to stamp the floral stamp from Beauty Abounds diagonally on the Whisper White cardstock. First, stamp in one direction, re-ink the stamp, rotate and stamp again to create a full diagonal.
- With the larger “bubbles” stamp, stamp five times with Highland Heather Classic Ink pad turning to vary the directions of the bubbles.
- Next, use the smaller “bubbles” stamp and Gorgeous Grape Classic Ink. Stamp three times.
- Use the splatter stamp and the Granny Apple Green to enhance the bubbles. Note – use the stamp off method (ink stamp, then “stamp off” onto a piece of scrap paper before stamping onto the card.
- Stamp the butterfly from the Butterfly Gala stamp set in Memento Black onto a 2-1/2″ square of Whisper White cardstock. Use coordinating punch to cut shape. With sponge dauber, color the butterfly using Gorgeous Grape.
- Attach the butterfly to a 1-3/4″ punched circle of Granny Apple Green Cardstock using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere to center of card after adding Silver Metallic Thread to the card.
- The sentiment, A Little Note, from Butterfly Gala is stamped on the lower left corner using the Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- For an added touch, stamp envelope and the inside card panel with small bubbles and a small butterfly.
The Beauty Abounds stamps create a perfect background for a variety of card designs. I plan to create additional cards using other color combinations. What are your favorite color combinations? Reply in comments and I’ll create a card using your favorite colors.
Thanks for stopping by!
Project Materials: (click on photo to order)