Today’s product features Happy Easter Gift Tags that came about by sorting through products on the shelves in my stamp room. Have you ever wanted to make a project only to realize you did not have a stamp set with the sentiment or images for the theme? That’s exactly what happened to me when deciding to create an Easter project – no bunnies, no chicks, no Happy Easter sentiment stamps. So, it was time to get inventive and creative with products that I had available! After some searching, I was able to create a sentiment using word dies and found stamp sets that could fit the theme. Plus, scraps of cardstock were used for most of the project which is always a win-win. What do you think of the “outside the box” ideas for Easter themed gift tags?
Happy Easter Gift Tags Project Materials:
- Word Wishes Dies (149629)
- Hey Birthday Chick Cling Stamp Set (154464)
- Birthday Chick Dies (158200)
- Birds & Branches Stamp Set (158281)
- Birds & Mores Dies (152721)
- Tailor Made Tags Dies (155563)
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock (141416): 1-1/2” x 4” (for a single tag)
- Basic White Cardstock (159276): 2-1/4” x 4” for each tag base plus scrap pieces for stamping hens, chick, eggs
- Scrap pieces of following: Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Crumb Cake Cardstock (120593) & Granny Apple Green Cardstock (146990)
- Stampin’ Blends: Daffodil Delight (154883); Pumpkin Pie (154897); Poppy Parade (154958); Bermuda Bay (154878)
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (132708)
- Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad (147095)
- Sahara Sand Classic Stampin’ Pad (147117)
- Sponge Dauber (133773)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Mini Glue Dots (103683)
- Stampin’ Seal (152813)
- Optional Materials:
- Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin’ Pad (147097)
- Blending Brushes (153611)
- Adhesive Sheets (152334)
- Using the largest of the Tailor Made Tags Dies, cut the tag base from Basic White Cardstock.
- Die cut the words, Happy & Easter (using the Word Wishes Dies), from Flirty Flamingo cardstock. Optional: prior to cutting the cardstock, add a piece of Adhesive Sheet to the cardstock. This makes it easy to attach to the tag.
- Next, stamp one hen and two chick images onto scraps of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad.
- Color the hen using the following Stampin’ Blends: body – Daffodil Delight Light & Dark, beak – Pumpkin Pie Dark, Comb & Wattle – Poppy Parade Light.
- Color the chick using the following Stampin’ Blends: Body – Daffodil Delight Light, beak & legs/feet – Pumpkin Pie Light, hat – Bermuda Bay Light
- Using the nest stamp from the Birds & Branches Stamp Set, stamp the nest onto a scrap of Granny Apple Green cardstock using Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad – stamp off once before stamping onto the cardstock.
- Use coordinating dies from the Birthday Chick Dies to die cut the stamped hen/chick images and the fence from a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- With the Birds & More Dies, cut the stamped birds nest and and 3 eggs from a scrap of Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Use a sponge dauber to lightly apply Sahara Sand to the edges of each of the die cut eggs.
- OPTIONAL: using Blending Brushes, color a sky using Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin’ Pad and color grass using Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad.
Assembly of tags:
- For the Hen/Chick tag: Add the Happy Easter to the top section of the tag leaving room for the hen. Next, attach the fence to the lower portion of the tag. Finish by adding the Hen and Chick with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the Chick/eggs in nest tag: Add the Happy Easter to the top section of the tag. Adhere the nest to the bottom of the tag leaving a gap at the top to insert the eggs. Then, trim the overhanging section of the nest so that sides and bottom are even with the tag. Insert the eggs into the next using Mini Glue Dots to hold in place. Complete by adding the chick with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Note: many of the products for these tags are on the recently released Last Chance Products list (i.e. retiring products). Be sure to check out the list and order the items while they’re still available. Plus, many of the dies are on SALE!!! Products are only available while quantities last or until May 2, 2022.
And if an item is no longer available – get creative and see what you can use as a substitute!
You can view all the retiring products here.
The Savings in Bloom Promotion offers 20% savings on the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and select compatible bundles. Click here to see items in the promotion.
The Waves of the Ocean promotion is ongoing until May 2, 2022.
This coastal collection includes an inspiring set of stamps and detailed dies, both early-release products from the upcoming 2022–2023 Annual Catalog. Plus, a pack of paper made from images of hand-poured paint, blue-hued foil sheets for a sea of shine, and radiant rhinestones for a splash of sparkle—each an exclusive product you can only purchase during the promotion period!
Explore artistic expression with the Waves of the Ocean Collection.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Just a reminder: for orders over $150 you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
The current host code is: YGBNKCVM (good until April 5, 2022). Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy crafting!
It’s a new month and to kick it off, we have the March 3D Tutorial Bundle! In addition to the March 3D Tutorial Bundle, the team is featuring a blog hop. We’re each sharing a project created to coordinate with our tutorial project. The theme for this month is Spring Celebrations.
Remember, the projects designed for the 3D tutorial bundle aren’t available elsewhere online. Therefore, you’ll receive EXCLUSIVE projects in the tutorial bundle. In addition, you’ll receive both Imperial and Metric project measurements.
Here’s a Sneak Peek of the March 3D projects…
For my coordinating project, I designed an Easter card by combining several stamp sets. Don’t you agree the “little chick” from the Full of Happiness Stamp Set is cute and makes you think of Easter? Want to use the card for another Spring celebration? Just change out the sentiment.
- Create card base using a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock. Score at 4-1/4″ and fold along score line.
- Use a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock for the second layer. Attach to the card base with adhesive.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. On the right side of the cardstock, stamp the chick from the Full of Happiness stamp set. Use Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad for the body, Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad for the feet and beak and Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad for the eyes.
- On a piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the egg shell outline using Sahara Sand Classic Stampin’ Pad. If desired, add the speckles using the same color. Cut using the coordinating Dino Dies.
- Use the egg shell as a guide to determine where to stamp the greenery vines from the Thoughtful Blooms Stamp Set (this is a Sale-a-Bration Stamp Set, you can get it free with a $50 order!). Remove the egg shell and stamp the vine using Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad. Also, stamp part of the vine below the chick’s feet. Stamp small flowers on the vine using Gorgeous Grape Classic Stampin’ Pad.
- Stamp “Easter Greetings” sentiment from Fable Friends Stamp Set on the card using the Gorgeous Grape Classic Stampin’ Pad.
- With adhesive, add to the Granny Apple Green layer.
- Adhere the egg shell to the card front.
- With the Small Bloom Punch (Sale-a-Bration brochure offering), cut 5 flowers from the Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper.
- Using the open leaves dies in the Detailed Bands Dies, cut 2 sets of leaves. Snip into pieces to length desired. Add to the card front using Mini Glue Dots.
- Next, position the 5 flower blooms so they are cascading from the egg shell and attach using Mini Glue Dots. Lastly, complete the card by adding Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the center of each flower.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and March 31, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE. Note: be sure to register and allow me to contact you so I receive notice of your order and can send the tutorial.
2. Purchase the March 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice and upon receipt of payment, will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE! (Plus during Sale-A-Bration is a great time to join Stampin’ Up!)
Reminder: Sale-a-Bration is ongoing so with a $50 or more order (before shipping & taxes), you can select FREE product from the Sale-a-Bration Brochure. Quantities are available while supplies last. The following are Sold Out: Kerchief Card Kit and the Metallic Baker’s Twine & Sequins Combo Pack.
You can place your product orders directly via my online store. Or, you can also order via the links under Project Materials (either the bundle or individual components).
Thanks for stopping by today! Check back again for more project ideas.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for March is F99S6GD4. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labelled Host Code. Thank you!
Since Easter is quickly approaching, I want to share a simple Easter Treat Holder that you can make last minute. This is the final project from this month’s class. Don’t you think it’s perfect to highlight the bunny’s face on the Hershey’s Easter Candy? What’s great about the project is you can easily alter it to hold any small, flat candy bar.
The treat holders feature the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper. Use the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack to embellish with flowers. Below are details on recreating the project.
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock: 9-1/2″ x 2″ score at 4-1/2″ & 5″ and one piece 3-1/2″ x 1″ score at 1/4″ on each side then cut in half at 1-3/4″ so you will have 2 pieces 1-3/4″ x 1″
- Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper: 1-7/8″ x 4-3/8″
- Cardstock to match Designer Series Paper: 2″ x 3″
- Scraps of Whisper White for sentiment and desired colors to punch small flower embellishments. The colors used above are Berry Burst, Blueberry Bushel, Daffodil Delight & Grapefruit Grove.
- Detailed Trio Punch
- Best Bunny Photopolymer Stamp Set for Surprise! sentiment
- Itty Bitty Greetings Clear Mount Stamp Set for Easter Greetings sentiment
- Layering Ovals Framelits Dies (counting from smallest die to largest the following dies are used: 1, 3, & 4
- Classic Label Punch for Easter Greetings Sentiment
- Garden Green Classic Stamp Pad
- Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins
- Pearl Basic Jewels
- 1/8″ Sheer Whisper White Ribbon
- Adhesives: Snail, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive and Mini-Glue Dots
- Take Your Pick Tool
Earlier today, I did a short Facebook Live Video demonstrating the project assembly. You can locate it here. Remember, you can easily adjust the dimensions and use for other treats.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy making these simple Easter treat holders! Comments are welcomed!!!
Project Materials (click on item to order – note some are Last Chance items, so order quickly)
Ready for another treat project from the All About Easter class? Today’s post, Gingham Treat Basket, highlights the Gingham Gala 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. There are various versions of this basket style on Pinterest. I do not recall where I saw the dimensions used but it’s a simple basket that is fun to embellish. I love the look of the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper (DSP) and selected the Lemon Lime Twist color for the basket. To embellish the basket, the Daisy Punch was used to punch multiple daisies from the Daffodil Delight Gingham Gala DSP. The color of the Gingham Gala DSP are perfect for Spring. Keeping with the theme, a pick featuring the Fable Friends bunny with a crown of flowers adds the finishing touch.
Creating the basket:
- Score one page of the Gingham Gala at 2″ and 4″, rotate and score again at 2″ and 4″.
- On one side, cut along the score lines just to the point where the score lines intersect. Rotate paper 180° and again, cut along the score line to the point where the score lines intersect.
- Use a bone folder to burnish along the score lines.
- Cut a 1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of coordinating cardstock to use as handle.
- Form basket by pulling the cut pieces to the middle of the 4″ panel on each side and overlapping. Place handle atop the pieces and staple to secure.
- Optional: To cover the staples inside of the basket, punch a 1″ circle punch of the gingham paper and adhere with adhesive over the exposed staples.
Embellishing the Basket:
- Punch four daisies from the Daffodil Delight Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper.
- Sponge the edges of each daisy using Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad and a sponge dauber.
- Use a bone folder to curl the daisy petals. Layer two daisies and connect with a stampin’ dimensional. Repeat with other daisy petals (embellishment is on both sides of basket)
- Create daisy center using the Bitty Blooms Punch Bundle to cut a flower from a scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Attach using a mini glue dot. Add a Glitter Enamel Dot to the center.
- Cut leaves from Lemon Lime Twist and Vellum Cardstocks using the Foliage Frame Framelits Dies.
- Attach leaves to back of the daisy using mini glue dots.
- Use Stampin Dimensionals to attach a daisy to each basket side at the handle.
Making the Bunny Pick:
- Stamp the rabbit from Fable Friends Cling Stamp Set using Jet Black Stazon Ink onto Shimmery White cardstock.
- Color using an Aqua Painter, Crumb Cake and Lemon Lime Twist inks.
- Fussy cut the rabbit using paper snips.
- Create a crown of flowers by punching three Daffodil Delight flowers (two are solid cardstock and one is Gingham Gala DSP) using the Bitty Blooms Punch Bundle. Use leaf in Bitty Blooms to punch leaves.
- Attach the flowers and leaves to the rabbit using mini glue dots, slightly cupping the flowers to fit.
- Add a basic rhinestone jewel to the center of each flower.
- On a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, stamp Enjoy (from Dear Doily) using the black ink. Punch with 2″ circle punch so that the word is to the left side of circle with room to add the bunny.
- Punch a 2-1/4″ circle of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock to use as base for pick. With multipurpose adhesive, glue pick to the base. (since I wanted a pick slightly longer than a regular toothpick, I shortened a four-inch bamboo skewer to approximately 2-3/4″ by breaking off a piece from the non-pointed end)
- Attach the Enjoy circle to the pick base using stampin’ dimensionals.
- Finish by adding the bunny. The treats and paper shreds help to hold pick in place.
Thanks for stopping by! I am attending OnStage in Charlotte this weekend and get a sneak peak of the upcoming Annual Catalog along with some of the new products. So be sure to check in next week as I’ll be sharing details. Have a great weekend!
Another project from the All About Easter class earlier this week were Easter Treat Holders. The first project holds a carrot shaped treat holder. Last month at our team meeting, we were able to make a similar holder. Thank you Gloria for the idea! It is a project that I knew would be perfect to include in the All About Easter class. The carrot treat containers are available at Dollar Tree and the boxes are perfect to hold the carrot erect. Another of the treat projects is a CASE from Angie Juda. For both projects, simply cut and score cardstock to create the holder. Refer to the details below the photos for more details.
Don’t you agree each box is perfect for holding the Easter treats? Either of the treat holders are perfect to use as table favors. Or just use when you want to give someone a special Easter treat. The carrot treat holder is sized large enough that you can add a non-candy item such as nuts or a package of garden seeds.
Each box is quick and easy so you can make multiples at a time. Simply cut the cardstock, score, cut the opening, and fold. Add Designer Series Paper and embellish. How Sweet It Is and Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper are used for the projects above.
Carrot Treat Box Details
- Start with a 2-3/4″ x 11″ piece of Pineapple Punch cardstock. Score the cardstock at 4″, 6-1/4″, 7-1/2″ and 9-3/4″.
- Cut selected designer series paper to 2-3/8″ x 2-3/8 and a 2-3/8 x 1-1/8″.
- To create the cutout to insert carrot, use the 2″ circle punch or the layering circle dies to cut a hole in the cardstock. The panel for the hole is between the 7`1/2″ and 9-3/4″ score lines.
- Attach the designer series paper as shown in the photo above.
- Apply Tear and Tape adhesive to the smaller end panel and seal to form box shape.
- Stamp the bunny and carrot onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. The stamps are from the Best Bunny Photopolymer Stamp Set in the Annual Catalog. Highlight the bunny with the Petal Pink Stampin’ Write Marker and punch using the 1-1/2″ circle punch. Color the carrot with the Pumpkin Pie and Granny Apple Green Stamper Write markers. You’ll need to fussy cut the carrot. Use the 1-3/8″ scallop circle punch to cut Pineapple Punch cardstock. Attach the bunny onto the scallop circle with adhesive and add the carrot using a mini-glue dot.
- Embellish by adding slip a piece of Lemon Lime Twist Ombre ribbon and use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the bunny scallop piece over the ribbon.
Visit Angie Juda at My Chic ‘n Scratch for details on creating the Easter Chick treat box. I embellished her design by adding flowers using the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack from the Occasions Catalog. The finishing touch is adding green paper shred under the chick.
NOTICE: Stampin’ Up! announced that the Stampin’ Trimmer and accessories are retiring effective June 3, 2019. I encourage you to order your trimmer supplies soon!
Thanks for stopping by! I have more Easter projects to share so check back on Friday!
Happy Monday! Today the monthly card class featured All About Easter projects. The group had fun making cards and several treat holders. Since Easter is approaching in a couple of weeks, I’ll be sharing the projects in the next several posts. The first of the projects is an Easter greetings card. Have you seen the bunny from the Fable Friends Cling Stamp Set in the Occasions Catalog? The bunny is so cute so I knew he had to be included in some of the projects. The bunny also reminds me of the bunny from the Beatrix Potter books. The Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder adds dimension to the background layer.
Create the card base using Crumb Cake cardstock. Next, texture emboss a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Grapefruit Grove cardstock using the Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Attach to the card base using adhesive.
Stamp the bunny from the Fable Friends Cling Stamp Set onto Whisper White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Then color the bunny body using both Crumb Cake Light and Crumb Cake Dark Stampin’ Blends Markers. Highlight the center of the ears and the bunny abdomen using the Petal Pink Light Stampin’ Blends Marker. Notice the bunny’s jacket? The jacket area of the bunny stamp is stamped onto a scrap of Grapefruit Grove Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper. After stamping, use paper snips to “fussy cut” the jacket. To add grass around the bunny, use Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad and the grass stamp from the Fable Friends stamp set. Cut using the large oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. Use the large oval die from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies to cut Crumb Cake Cardstock. Layer the bunny oval onto the Crumb Cake Oval.
Using the Memento Tuxedo Black Ink pad to stamp the sentiment from the stamp set onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment tag uses the Detailed Birthday Elements Framelits Dies which are now discontinued. However, it’s easy to create a tag using an oblong die such as in the Storybook Scene Thinlits. Use a handheld circle punch to create the circle to add the Silver & Petal Pink Baker’s Twine. Add the Bunny Oval to the tufted layer on the card base. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the greeting. Complete the card by adding Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins and Basic Pearls to embellish the card.
Thanks you for stopping by! Check back on Wednesday to see another All About Easter project!
Project Materials: (to order, just click on product)