Patchwork Christmas Card
Yes, we still have a few months to go before Christmas arrives but it’s never to early to start planning! Today, I’m sharing a Patchwork Christmas card. Using the Rectangular Postage Stamp punch, a variety of coordinating papers from the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper are cut. The Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper has many patterns in traditional Christmas colors so it’s perfect for creating a patchwork card. The sentiment for the card is chosen from the Tag Buffet Photopolymer Stamp Set.
Card Materials & Details:
- Card base: Real Red cardstock
- Layer 1: Mossy Meadow cardstock (5-1/4″ x 4″)
- Punch eight (8) coordinating pieces of the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper using the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch.
- Randomly arrange the postage stamp pieces onto the Mossy Meadow cardstock layer allowing some to overlap the edges. After adhering in place, trim the edges of the
postage stamps that overlap. NOTE: When arranging the pieces, you will have an open space in the card center – it will be covered by the sentiment label. Also, pay attention and only add adhesive to the portion of the stamp that will be on the Mossy Meadow layer (ask me why?! LOL)
- Use strong adhesive and attach the postage stamp layer to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock using Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad. Cut shape using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies.
- With Stampin’ Seal, attach the sentiment piece to a Real Red label cut using the next larger size Stitched Nested Labels Dies.
- Attach the label to the card front covering the open space area in the card center. To add lift, attach using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish around the sentiment with red rhinestone jewels.
The Patchwork Christmas Card design is great to use if you’re making multiple cards. Select your favorite coordinating Designer Series Papers and start punching! By varying the placement and paper patterns of the postage shapes, you can create cards that differ slightly. Yet, you’re using the same materials for all of the cards. Select your favorite holiday sentiments to add even more variety. The full list of items used for today’s card is listed at the bottom of the post.
Don’t forget if you earned $5 Bonus Days coupon codes last month, August is the month to use them! Redeem them on or before August 31, 2020. Be sure to check out the Online Store by clicking here. When viewing the Online Store, be sure to check in the upper left hand corner for the Shopping With notice. You should see my name listed.
Still available is the August 3D Tutorial Bundle! This month it features the Nothing’s Better Than product bundle. You’ll want to get it before September 1st.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store from now – August 31, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the August 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com so I can send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by today! As always, don’t hesitate to contact me via email or in the comments section with any questions regarding the projects presented. Happy crafting…
The host code for August is: JUU2YA39. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.