Happy Friday! Hope you have plans for a fun and relaxing weekend. Today I am sharing a project from last year’s 12 Weeks of Christmas newsletter. Newsletter recipients received a variety of holiday project and gift ideas. This project, stamped tile coasters, is perfect as a craft fair project and is not holiday specific. The coasters are stamped with the flower from the Beautiful Day stamp set. We’re approaching the time of year when crafters are planning projects for fall and winter craft sales. This is a quick, easy project and would be great for a craft fair or just as a gift. Even better, you can make multiple sets at the same time.
Stampin’ Up! Project Materials:
- Beautiful Day Stamp Set (#151257)
- Stazon Jet Black Pad (#101406)
- Stazon Jet Black refill (#102566)
- Stampin’ Blends: Flirty Flamingo Light (#147031); Rich Razzleberry Light (#144584); Real Red Light (#147933); Highland Heather Light (#146881); Shaded Spruce Light (#147936); and Mango Melody Dark (#147983)
- 4″ x 4″ marble tumbled tiles
- adhesive backed felt or adhesive backed cork for bottom of tiles
- Wipe tiles with damp cloth to remove dust. Allow to dry.
- Ink stamp with Stazon Jet Black – be sure that ink pad is well inked.
- Stamp the image onto the tile using even pressure and hold for approximately 30 secs. to ensure that ink adheres to the tile.
- Allow to dry for approximately 5 minutes before coloring with Stampin’ Blends.
- Select desired Stampin’ Blends colors and color image. (refer to tips below before coloring)
- Put tiles into 250F oven for 20 minute (note: I put in oven, turned it off and left in overnight). Let cool before applying the adhesive tabs to bottom of tile.
TIPS: Since Stazon ink is not recommended for use with Stampin’ Blends below are tips for coloring onto the tiles using the Blends:
- Keep a paper towel handy to wipe the tip of the Blends often to remove any Stazon that may transfer to the tip of the Blends, especially with light colors.
- In small areas (such as flower center), stipple with the tip of the Blends to color. Do not brush the
image to color.
- For the larger sections of the stamped image, use short strokes to color and color just up to but not over the Stazon ink.
- Remember to wipe blends tip on paper towels.
WANT MORE SAVINGS ON YOUR ORDERS? WOULD YOU LIKE EARLY ACCESS TO THE HOLIDAY CATALOG?
Now is a good time to join Stampin’ Up! with the EXTRA! EXTRA! promotion. From now until August 31, new demonstrators will receive an additional dollars to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit. THEN, they’ll receive a $10 coupon code the following month. The bonus at initial sign up allows you to select $30 more than usual. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit. Plus, as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, you will have online access to the Holiday Catalog and can even select items for your Starter Kit from the Holiday Catalog. The coupon code you receive is valid until October 31, 2019 so you can use it when ordering products from the Annual or the Holiday Catalog. Click here to read more details and join the fun!
Have a great weekend and check back next week for more fun project ideas!
You may purchase supplies for this card by clicking the links under the Project Materials or visiting my online store. I appreciate your business!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)The Host Code for August is: CZ9HMVB2.
Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!