Do you like to color? The Accented Blooms set is the perfect stamp for coloring! Since graduation season is nearing, Congratulatory cards seem to always be in need. So, today’s card showcases the Accented Blooms stamp set transformed into a congratulatory card. Though the stamp set does not include a congratulatory message, it is easy to select a sentiment from another stamp set. The Congratulations sentiment on this card is from the Lilypad Lake stamp set. After stamping, the sentiment is cut with the coordinating die to create a banner. Since the floral stamp resembles a field of wildflowers, a variety of Stampin’ Blends colors are chosen to color the flowers. Notice the Whisper White edging along the card layer panel? It is a small touch that adds additional visual interest. Read the card details below the photo to find out were to find the edging die.
- Card base is Daffodil Delight cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ score at 4-1/4″ to create a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ card).
- Stamp the Accented Blooms bouquet onto a 4″ x 4″ square of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
- Color the blooms on using Stampin’ Blends. The Stampin’ Blends colors for this card are: Light and Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Mango Melody, Light Balmy Blue, Light and Dark Old Olive, Light Mossy Meadow, Light and Dark Highland Heather, Light and Dark Petal Pink, and Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo. Since the card base is Daffodil Delight, touches of the Daffodil Delight blends is colored on the centers of each flower. Remember – blending different colors of the Stampin’ Blends creates visual interest!
- With the lace edge die from the Be Mine Stitched Dies, cut two strips to add along the side edges of the 4″ x 4″ panel. Attach to the back of the panel using desired adhesive.
- Use the Tailored Tag Punch to cut a tag from a scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock.
- Stamp the congratulatory sentiment in the Lilypad Lake stamp set using the Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Afterwards, cut with the coordinating banner die from Lakeside Dies.
- Assemble the card as follows: center and attach panel to card front. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the Daffodil Delight tag in the tag area of the blooms. Next, use mini glue dots to attach the Congratulations banner across the Tailored Tag.
- Embellish the tag with the Daffodil Delight sequins from the Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins package.
- Mix it up with other stamps to create another design. The beauty of the Accented Blooms set is the tag area. There are a variety of sentiments that will fit the area. This enables you to utilize more of your stamp sets for a variety of occasions.
- Look at all of your die pieces to see if there is a die that will add a “little something” to your card. The lace edge from the Be Mine Stitched Dies is a perfect example.
Remember to check the Last Chance retiring products list. We’re midway through May and you’ll want to get your favorite products before they are gone! Plus if you prefer wood mount stamps, order now as they are retiring.
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to receive your comments. Just add them in the comments section below.
Project Materials: (click on item to order)