At the last quarterly Playtime with Paper meeting, team members were able to practice the no line watercolor technique. It’s a fun technique and during the meeting, I shared helpful tips to remember when using the technique and am sharing them below. For the meeting project, the Nature’s Harvest Stamp Set was used. It has the perfect image to use with this technique. After coloring, the coordinating Harvest Dies are used to die cut the image. Additional die cuts provide layers to showcase the colored image. Hope you’ll give this fun technique a try!
Tips for the no line watercolor technique:
- Select an image with clean, defined lines (especially when beginning to do this technique).
- Use a light color for stamping the image – such as Sahara Sand or Crumb Cake (for the project above, Sahara Sand was used)
- Be sure to stamp off onto a scrap of paper before stamping onto the paper for watercoloring.
- Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper or Shimmery White Cardstock should be used.
- The Stamparatus is extremely helpful for stamping the image especially onto watercolor paper.
- Before adding ink color to section, first dampen the area with your watercolor brush. BE CAREFUL – do not saturate the paper, just dampen it.
- Work small sections at a time and when moving to a new section, leave an unfinished area between the sections. EX: for this project, 2-3 side by side petals were watercolored, then the adjoining 2-3 petals were skipped. The next section was then colored. As the areas with the watercolor added started to dry, the skip areas were then colored. By doing this, the area doesn’t become over saturated which can cause the ink to bleed.
- Remember – less is more! Start with a small amount of watered down ink and as the image dries, you can add more ink.
Most important tip: Allow the watercolor image to dry before passing judgement on it. As the image dries, you’ll be able to view your success!!!
Time is running out and many favorites have sold out. You can view the remaining retiring products here.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Just a reminder: for orders over $150 you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
The current host code is: BQ2376WH (good until May 2, 2022). Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.