Yay! The Hallmark Christmas in July movies kickoff this Friday so I’m celebrating with another Christmas in July project. Since the heat definitely makes it the dog days of summer, it’s wishful thinking that thoughts of Christmas in July will make it seem cooler (yes, wishful thinking!) Today’s project again uses the Lots of Cheer Stamp Set. Since my first Christmas in July project was a card, I decided on a small gift packaging project. An oval label stamped with the Lots of Cheer snowman packages embellishes the Kraft Pillow Box. The pillow boxes make great gift packaging. They are 5″ x 3″ and a package contains 10 boxes to use for gifts and goodies.
Below are the steps to create this quick and simple project.
- Use Real Red Classic Ink Pad and a Sponge Brayer to color the Kraft pillow box. TIP: take the ink pad and pat it directly onto the pillow box. Then use the sponge brayer to evenly distribute the ink on the pillow box. Allow the ink to dry on the pillow box.
- While the pillow box dries, make the label. Stamp the stack of presents onto a 3-1/2″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Cut the shape using the large oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Color the stamped image with Stampin’ Blends. The light Seaside Spray Stampin’ Blend adds a hint of color along the outline edges of the presents. Additional Stampin’ Blends colors on the project includes Call Me Clover (light & dark), Daffodil Delight (light & dark), Real Red (light & dark), Smoky Slate (light & dark) and Pumpkin Pie (dark). If desired, use the Color Lifter to lighten the center area of the hat.
- With the Layering Ovals Dies, cut an oval from a 4″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Call Me Clover cardstock. Layer the stamped image onto the oval using Snail Adhesive.
- Use the Banner Triple Punch to cut an angles tail on a 1″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Then, stamp the sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Attach to the back of the oval label using Snail Adhesive.
- Open pillow box and add gift or treats. Close ends and wrap a piece of Call Me Clover 1/8″ grosgrain ribbon around the box. TIP: wrap so that the ends meet under where the label is to be placed. Use Snail Adhesive to hold the attach the end of the ribbon to the pillow box.
- Add the oval label to the box with Stampin’ Dimensionals. TIP: Due to the curvature of the box, it’s best to add the dimensionals to the center area of the box and add the label to the dimensionals versus adding the dimensionals directly to label before adding to the pillow box.
- Tie a bow with the ribbon and add to top with mini-glue dot.
Just a reminder – BONUS DAYS are here!
For every $50 you spend (before tax & shipping), you will earn a $5 Bonus Days coupon code that can be used August 1-31. There is no limit to the number of Bonus Days coupon codes you can receive. The coupon codes are sent via email. If you earn multiple coupon codes in a single order, all of the coupon codes will be in one email.
WANT MORE SAVINGS ON YOUR ORDERS?
Now is a good time to join Stampin’ Up! with the EXTRA! EXTRA! promotion. From now until August 31, new demonstrators will receive an additional dollars to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit. THEN, they’ll receive a $10 coupon code the following month. The bonus at initial sign up allows you to select $30 more than usual. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit. What’s great is the coupon code is valid until October 31, 2019 so you can use it when ordering product from the soon to be released Holiday Catalog. Click here to read more details and join the fun!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for July is: 9HRS3HHQ.
Please use Host Code only if your order is less under $150. You will receive the host rewards if your order exceeds $150!