It’s hard to believe that it’s December already. Since Thanksgiving was later this year, it seems Christmas will be here in a flash. I spent the weekend putting up a few holiday decorations and decided that this year, I would scale back in comparison to past years. What’s great is the decorating is complete. I can now relax and enjoy the holiday touches.
That brings me to today’s project, an embellished Copper Tea Tin. Have you seen the Copper Tea Tins in the Stampin’ Up! 2019-2020 Annual Catalog? You can find them on page 173. Four tins come in the package. The tins are perfect for embellishing and for creating a quick gift. I plan to fill the tea tins with small cookies and candies for holiday gifting. A huge thank you to Patty Bennett for the inspiration! For this tin, the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper creates the backdrop for the embellishing. However, this particular Designer Series Paper is no longer available. If you do not have this particular paper, no worries as next week I’ll provide alternatives for embellishing the Copper Tea Tin.
Details for embellishing the Copper Tea Tin:
- Wrap a piece of 3″ x 12″ of Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper around the Copper Tea Tin, secure with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Cut a coordinating piece of the Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper, 2″ x 12″ and wrap it around the first layer of Designer Series Paper.
- Color the 1/2″ Classic Weave Ribbon using the Dark Pretty Peacock Blends. Set aside to dry for a few minutes while working on other project elements.
- Using the Stitched Stars Dies, cut a star from Very Vanilla cardstock. Layer a large star from the Brightly Gleaming Foil Elements on top. TIP: use a glue dot in the center of the star to attach it to the Very Vanilla.
- On Whisper White cardstock, stamp the holly from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set using Mossy Meadow Classic Ink Pad. Use a Blender Pen to pull the ink from the stamped image and color the holly leaves. Fussy cut using Paper Snips.
- For the berries, use Night of Navy Classic Ink Pad to stamp another holly. Again, use a Blender Pen to pull the ink from the stamped lines to color the berries. Fussy cut the berries and add to the holly leaves with Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Tiny Keepsakes stamp set onto Whisper White cardstock using Night of Navy Classic Ink Pad. Cut with the Mini Curvy Keepsakes Box Dies.
- Assemble layers: first wrap the Classic Weave ribbon around the tin and tie on side in a knot. Add the star using Tear & Tape adhesive. Next add the sentiment tag and the Holly onto the star using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Complete by embellishing with Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
The tin is now ready to be filled with goodies!
Refer to my previous post if you’re interested in the PDFs for the eight Make ‘n Take projects from the Pack & Play Craft Escape. Here’s the link: https://creativestampingwithmargaret.com/2019/11/pack-play-craft-escape.html
Thanks for stopping by! Check back often as I have more holiday projects to share.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for December is X9EWHRMR: Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!