Happy Monday! Today I am sharing an Ornate Style floral bouquet featuring the large floral spray from the Ornate Style Cling Stamp Set. This stamp set is one of the products in the Ornate Garden Suite Early Release. The floral image begs to be colored with markers or using watercolor techniques. For today’s card, Stampin’ Blends Markers are used.
- Create card base using Rococo Rose (5-1/2″ x 11″, score at 4-1/4″ and fold).
- For second layer, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock (5-1/4″ x 4″) and texture emboss using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. Attach to card base with strong adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment, Thinking of You, in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a 1/2″ x 4″ strip of Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment is from the Colorful Seasons Stamp Set. Next, layer the sentiment piece onto a 4″ x 3/4″ strip of Rococo Rose cardstock. Set aside to add to card after adding the floral piece.
- Using Tuxedo Black Memento ink, stamp the large floral onto a 4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- With paper snips, fussy cut the floral spray leaving a small border (approximately 1/8″). Color around the border and outline of flowers using the Smoky Slate Light Stampin’ Blends Marker.
- Color the flowers and leaves using the following Stampin’ Blends Markers: Rococo Rose Light & Dark, Daffodil Delight Light, Balmy Blue Light & Dark, Old Olive Light & Dark
- Attach the floral to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals, then add the sentiment piece using a strong adhesive.
- Using the Smoky Slate Light Stampin’ Marker to color a piece of Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon. Tie into a small bow and add to sentiment using a Mini Glue Dot.
- To complete the card front, embellish the small flower centers with Basic Rhinestone Jewels.
And, don’t forget to embellish the card interior!
Coloring with the Stampin’ Blends Markers takes me back to being a child and coloring with crayons. There’s something therapeutic about coloring!
The Ornate Style Stamp Set and the entire Ornate Garden Suite is full of wonderful crafting products. Take advantage of the Early Release and have fun coloring and creating beautiful projects. Links for the Ornate Style stamp set, the bundle and the Ornate Garden Suite are under the Project Materials section.
Thank you for stopping by today and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for May is R929JEAV. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!
A Beautiful Wild Rose card is one of the projects from this month’s card classes. It features using the To A Wild Rose photopolymer stamp set. The Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog has lots of beautiful floral sets but the To A Wild Rose is definitely one of my favorites. The stamp set also has coordinating Wild Rose Dies and is offered with a 10% discount in the To A Wild Rose Bundle. Two-step stamping can be used with the stamps so that depth of colors can be added to the images. However, the outline stamp is beautiful to use by itself. For this card, the wild roses are stamped using the two-step stamping method and the masking technique was also utilized. Additional details are below the card photos.
- To A Wild Rose Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Highland Heather, Whisper White, Garden Green & Vellum
- Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin’ Pad, Highland Heather Classic Stampin’ Pad, Garden Green Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Dies: Wild Rose Dies, Stitched Nested Labels
- 5/8″ Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
- Noble Peacock Rhinestones
- Adhesives: Snail, Mini Glue Dots and Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Create the card base from a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock (score at 5-1/2″ & fold). Add a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Highland Heather cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock (3-3/4″ x 5″) to use for stamping the wild roses.
- Before stamping the roses onto the Whisper White cardstock, create a wild rose “mask” to use for covering the roses. To create the mask, stamp the rose outline stamp onto a 3″ x 3″ post-it note. Be sure to stamp near the adhesive strip. Fussy cut the rose. Set aside to use for covering the roses before stamping the leaves to the card. TIP: make multiple masks to speed the stamping process. Also, save the mask inside of the stamp case and you’ll have it for future use.
- Using the Wild Rose outline stamp, randomly stamp three of the rose outlines onto the Whisper White cardstock using the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Refer to card photo for placement. For the full rose stamp, use Highland Heather ink pad to color the rose base. For the final rose stamp, use the Rich Razzleberry ink pad. Attach to card base using Snail adhesive.
- Place the “masks” over the stamped roses. Stamp the leaves using Garden Green ink pad. The leaves outline stamp and only one of the leaves layer stamp are used.
- With the Wild Rose Dies, cut 2 open leaves from a scrap of Garden Green cardstock and 3 of the small flowers from the Vellum cardstock. Add them to the card with mini glue dots. TIP : Prepare the sentiment layer (step 7) and use as a guide for placement of the embellishment pieces.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and cut using the small Stitched Nested Labels Die. With a larger Stitched Nested Labels Die, cut a scrap of the Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Layer the two pieces using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add to the card using Snail Adhesive.
- Complete the card by adding a Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon Bow and a Noble Peacock Rhinestone as seen in card photo.
Have fun coming up with your own color combinations using the To A Wild Rose stamp set. Be sure to comment below what color combinations you select!
Just a reminder – BONUS DAYS are here!
For every $50 you spend (before tax & shipping), you will earn a $5 Bonus Days coupon code that can be used August 1-31. There is no limit to the number of Bonus Days coupon codes you can receive. The coupon codes are sent via email. If you earn multiple coupon codes in a single order, all of the coupon codes will be in one email.
WANT MORE SAVINGS ON YOUR ORDERS?
Now is a good time to join Stampin’ Up! with the EXTRA! EXTRA! promotion. From now until August 31, new demonstrators will receive an additional dollars to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit. THEN, they’ll receive a $10 coupon code the following month. The bonus at initial sign up allows you to select $30 more than usual. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit. What’s great is the coupon code is valid until October 31, 2019 so you can use it when ordering product from the soon to be released Holiday Catalog. Click here to read more details and join the fun!
Have a great week and check back on Monday for another project!
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for July is: 9HRS3HHQ. Please use Host Code only if your order is less under $150. You will receive the host rewards if your order exceeds $150!
Last week, one of my blog posts featured a make ‘n take card using the Daisy Lane stamp set. Today, the project is a Daisy Lane “stepped up” card. As you see, I have added some pizzazz to the basic card design. It’s easy to take a simple card and make it a “stepped up” card with just a few extra embellishments. You can see the original simple stamping card design here.
The colors and stamping are the same as in the Simple Stamping with Daisy Lane card details. So, refer to the link to review the general instructions and project materials.
- To create the additional center on the daisy, punch a 1″ circle of Melon Mambo cardstock for each daisy. With paper snips, cut small snips toward the center of the circle punch, leaving a circle in the middle approximately 1/4″ diameter. Use eraser end of a pencil or the end of the Take Your Pick, press onto the circle center so that the circle cups and the snips separate. With mini glue dots, attach to the daisy center and add the Perennial Essence Floral Centers to each.
- Cut a piece of 3-3/4″ piece of Whisper White Flax Ribbon. Snip between threads on each end and slightly fray. Attach to card using Tear & Tape adhesive. Refer to photo for approximate placement.
- To the sentiment label, add pearl white sequins from the Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins package. Place one on each side of the label. In the center of each, add a Basic Rhinestone Jewel.
- For the bow, pull threads from a piece of the flax ribbon. Use two of the threads to tie into a bow.
See how easy it is to “step up” a card design by adding a few embellishments?
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!