Aug 30, 2019 | 2019-2020 Annual Catalog, Cards, Floral, Thinking of You, To A Wild Rose |
Today I’m featuring a Thinking of You with a Wild Rose card in a neutral color scheme. The neutral color palette uses Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla. One of my favorite stamp bundles in the Annual Catalog is the To A Wild Rose Bundle so naturally, it was easy to select it to use for the card. The bundle includes the To A Wild Rose Stamp Set and the coordinating Wild Rose Dies. A lacy Bird Ballad Laser Cut Card creates the beautiful base. Be sure to check out the Bird Ballad Laser Cut Cards. They include coordinating envelopes and a beautiful storage tin.
Isn’t this Thinking of You with a Wild Rose a gorgeous card?
Additional Card Details:
- For the panel behind the lacy card front, cut a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Crumb Cake cardstock. Adhere by using multipurpose liquid glue along edges of the lacy panel.
- Stamp the flower from To A Wild Rose onto a 2-3/4″ square of Very Vanilla cardstock using Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Classic Ink Pads. Cut using the coordinating die.
- For the leaves, stamp using Crumb Cake onto scraps of Very Vanilla cardstock. Cut using coordinating die. Note: 2 sets of leaves are used
- Select the Thinking of You sentiment from the Rooted in Nature Stamp set. Stamp onto Very Vanilla cardstock and cut with the stitched label die in the Wild Rose Dies.
- Attach the sentiment to the card base using Snail Adhesive. Add the leaves to the wild rose using mini glue dots. Then, add the sentiment to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Complete the card front by embellishing the center of the wild rose with Gold Metallic Pearls and adding a double bow tied using Linen Thread.
WANT MORE SAVINGS ON YOUR ORDERS? WOULD YOU LIKE EARLY ACCESS TO THE HOLIDAY CATALOG?
BETTER HURRY, THIS PROMO ENDS TOMORROW
Now is a good time to join Stampin’ Up! with the EXTRA! EXTRA! promotion. From now through tomorrow, Saturday, August 31, you will receive additional dollars to put toward bonus products in your Starter Kit. THEN, you’ll receive a $10 coupon code to use the following month. The bonus at initial sign up allows you to select $30 more than usual. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit. Plus, as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, you will have online access to the Holiday Catalog and can even select items for your Starter Kit from the Holiday Catalog. The coupon code you receive is valid until October 31, 2019 so you can use it when ordering products from the Annual or the Holiday Catalog. Click here to read more details and join the fun!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend.Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for August is: CZ9HMVB2. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!
Jul 19, 2019 | 2019-2020 Annual Catalog, Cards, Floral, Technique, To A Wild Rose, Uncategorized |
A Beautiful Wild Rose card is one of the projects from this month’s card classes. It features using the To A Wild Rose photopolymer stamp set. The Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog has lots of beautiful floral sets but the To A Wild Rose is definitely one of my favorites. The stamp set also has coordinating Wild Rose Dies and is offered with a 10% discount in the To A Wild Rose Bundle. Two-step stamping can be used with the stamps so that depth of colors can be added to the images. However, the outline stamp is beautiful to use by itself. For this card, the wild roses are stamped using the two-step stamping method and the masking technique was also utilized. Additional details are below the card photos.
- To A Wild Rose Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Highland Heather, Whisper White, Garden Green & Vellum
- Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin’ Pad, Highland Heather Classic Stampin’ Pad, Garden Green Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Dies: Wild Rose Dies, Stitched Nested Labels
- 5/8″ Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
- Noble Peacock Rhinestones
- Adhesives: Snail, Mini Glue Dots and Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Create the card base from a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock (score at 5-1/2″ & fold). Add a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Highland Heather cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock (3-3/4″ x 5″) to use for stamping the wild roses.
- Before stamping the roses onto the Whisper White cardstock, create a wild rose “mask” to use for covering the roses. To create the mask, stamp the rose outline stamp onto a 3″ x 3″ post-it note. Be sure to stamp near the adhesive strip. Fussy cut the rose. Set aside to use for covering the roses before stamping the leaves to the card. TIP: make multiple masks to speed the stamping process. Also, save the mask inside of the stamp case and you’ll have it for future use.
- Using the Wild Rose outline stamp, randomly stamp three of the rose outlines onto the Whisper White cardstock using the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Refer to card photo for placement. For the full rose stamp, use Highland Heather ink pad to color the rose base. For the final rose stamp, use the Rich Razzleberry ink pad. Attach to card base using Snail adhesive.
- Place the “masks” over the stamped roses. Stamp the leaves using Garden Green ink pad. The leaves outline stamp and only one of the leaves layer stamp are used.
- With the Wild Rose Dies, cut 2 open leaves from a scrap of Garden Green cardstock and 3 of the small flowers from the Vellum cardstock. Add them to the card with mini glue dots. TIP : Prepare the sentiment layer (step 7) and use as a guide for placement of the embellishment pieces.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and cut using the small Stitched Nested Labels Die. With a larger Stitched Nested Labels Die, cut a scrap of the Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Layer the two pieces using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add to the card using Snail Adhesive.
- Complete the card by adding a Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon Bow and a Noble Peacock Rhinestone as seen in card photo.
Have fun coming up with your own color combinations using the To A Wild Rose stamp set. Be sure to comment below what color combinations you select!
Just a reminder – BONUS DAYS are here!
For every $50 you spend (before tax & shipping), you will earn a $5 Bonus Days coupon code that can be used August 1-31. There is no limit to the number of Bonus Days coupon codes you can receive. The coupon codes are sent via email. If you earn multiple coupon codes in a single order, all of the coupon codes will be in one email.
WANT MORE SAVINGS ON YOUR ORDERS?
Now is a good time to join Stampin’ Up! with the EXTRA! EXTRA! promotion. From now until August 31, new demonstrators will receive an additional dollars to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit. THEN, they’ll receive a $10 coupon code the following month. The bonus at initial sign up allows you to select $30 more than usual. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit. What’s great is the coupon code is valid until October 31, 2019 so you can use it when ordering product from the soon to be released Holiday Catalog. Click here to read more details and join the fun!
Have a great week and check back on Monday for another project!
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for July is: 9HRS3HHQ. Please use Host Code only if your order is less under $150. You will receive the host rewards if your order exceeds $150!