A Beautiful Wild Rose card is one of the projects from this month’s card classes. It features using the To A Wild Rose photopolymer stamp set. The Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog has lots of beautiful floral sets but the To A Wild Rose is definitely one of my favorites. The stamp set also has coordinating Wild Rose Dies and is offered with a 10% discount in the To A Wild Rose Bundle. Two-step stamping can be used with the stamps so that depth of colors can be added to the images. However, the outline stamp is beautiful to use by itself. For this card, the wild roses are stamped using the two-step stamping method and the masking technique was also utilized. Additional details are below the card photos.
- To A Wild Rose Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Highland Heather, Whisper White, Garden Green & Vellum
- Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin’ Pad, Highland Heather Classic Stampin’ Pad, Garden Green Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Dies: Wild Rose Dies, Stitched Nested Labels
- 5/8″ Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
- Noble Peacock Rhinestones
- Adhesives: Snail, Mini Glue Dots and Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Create the card base from a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock (score at 5-1/2″ & fold). Add a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Highland Heather cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock (3-3/4″ x 5″) to use for stamping the wild roses.
- Before stamping the roses onto the Whisper White cardstock, create a wild rose “mask” to use for covering the roses. To create the mask, stamp the rose outline stamp onto a 3″ x 3″ post-it note. Be sure to stamp near the adhesive strip. Fussy cut the rose. Set aside to use for covering the roses before stamping the leaves to the card. TIP: make multiple masks to speed the stamping process. Also, save the mask inside of the stamp case and you’ll have it for future use.
- Using the Wild Rose outline stamp, randomly stamp three of the rose outlines onto the Whisper White cardstock using the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Refer to card photo for placement. For the full rose stamp, use Highland Heather ink pad to color the rose base. For the final rose stamp, use the Rich Razzleberry ink pad. Attach to card base using Snail adhesive.
- Place the “masks” over the stamped roses. Stamp the leaves using Garden Green ink pad. The leaves outline stamp and only one of the leaves layer stamp are used.
- With the Wild Rose Dies, cut 2 open leaves from a scrap of Garden Green cardstock and 3 of the small flowers from the Vellum cardstock. Add them to the card with mini glue dots. TIP : Prepare the sentiment layer (step 7) and use as a guide for placement of the embellishment pieces.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and cut using the small Stitched Nested Labels Die. With a larger Stitched Nested Labels Die, cut a scrap of the Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Layer the two pieces using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add to the card using Snail Adhesive.
- Complete the card by adding a Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon Bow and a Noble Peacock Rhinestone as seen in card photo.
Have fun coming up with your own color combinations using the To A Wild Rose stamp set. Be sure to comment below what color combinations you select!
Just a reminder – BONUS DAYS are here!
For every $50 you spend (before tax & shipping), you will earn a $5 Bonus Days coupon code that can be used August 1-31. There is no limit to the number of Bonus Days coupon codes you can receive. The coupon codes are sent via email. If you earn multiple coupon codes in a single order, all of the coupon codes will be in one email.
WANT MORE SAVINGS ON YOUR ORDERS?
Now is a good time to join Stampin’ Up! with the EXTRA! EXTRA! promotion. From now until August 31, new demonstrators will receive an additional dollars to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit. THEN, they’ll receive a $10 coupon code the following month. The bonus at initial sign up allows you to select $30 more than usual. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit. What’s great is the coupon code is valid until October 31, 2019 so you can use it when ordering product from the soon to be released Holiday Catalog. Click here to read more details and join the fun!
Have a great week and check back on Monday for another project!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for July is: 9HRS3HHQ. Please use Host Code only if your order is less under $150. You will receive the host rewards if your order exceeds $150!