Check out this beautiful Diamond Easel Card! Before being required to shelter-in-place, our community craft club held its monthly meeting. At the meeting a member of the Playtime with Paper team, Beneta, led the class in making the card design. I choose a Mother’s Day sentiment and will be sending the card to my mother. For our cards, the Good Morning Magnolia Bundle and coordinating Magnolia Lane Designer Series paper combine to create this beautiful fancy fun fold card.
For full details on creating a Diamond Easel Card be sure to check out Susan Levasseur’s post at this link: www.wownolacreations.com. In addition to products and sizes required for the card, Susan has a step-by-step video you can follow. Note: Stampin’ Blends can be used in place of the watercolor pencils and Stampin’ Write Markers.
Making the Diamond Easel Card was a huge success at the craft club meeting. A big “Thank You” to Beneta for leading the club in creating the card!
I can’t wait to try making the card again using another of the Stampin’ Up! bundles and coordinating papers. Be sure to notice that the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper is discounted on the Last-Chance Product List. It is available while supplies last or thru June 2. Grab it before it’s gone!
Thank you for stopping by today and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for May is R929JEAV. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!
One of the projects for this month’s card classes includes a Scalloped Note Cards set. The 20 card package of Scalloped Note Cards and Envelopes comes in four colors. The colors are Terracotta Tile, Balmy Blue, Light Pink and Old Olive. Each attendee will receive one of each color so they can create a four card Scalloped Note Cards set. Using components from the Magnolia Lane Suite as the main decor theme, each card coordinates yet differs slightly in appearance and with differing sentiments. For details on the cards, scroll below the card photo.
Details for Scalloped Note Cards set:
- Scalloped Note Cards and Envelopes – one of each color
- Designer Series Paper – Magnolia Lane; Bird Ballard (Color Stripe – cut 4 at 1/2″ x 5″)
- 3D Embossing Folders: Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder and Scripty 3D Embossing Folder
- Cardstock: Whisper White and Mossy Meadow
- Dies: Magnolia Memory Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Bouquet Bunch Dies
- Circle Punch: 2″ Circle Punch and 2-1/4″ Circle Punch
- Stamp Sets: For The Love of Felt, A Little Lace, Beautiful Bouquet, Love What You Do
- Ink pads: Memento Tuxedo Black, Mossy Meadow and Terracotta Tile
- Ribbon: Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon, Mossy Meadow Linen Thread (part of the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack) , Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon, Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine, Braided Linen Trim
- Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
- Adhesives: Snail, Mini Glue Dots and Stampin’ Dimensionals
Assembly: (refer to card photos for layering and placement)
- With Snail Adhesive, add one stripe to the bottom interior edge of each of the Scalloped Note Cards.
Light Pink Note Card:
Stamp the sentiment from For the Love of Felt using Memento Black Ink Pad onto a 3-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Use Stitched Nested Label Die to cut the shape. Attach to the front center of the Scalloped Note Card with Snail Adhesive. Fussy cut a Magnolia Flower from the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper. Attach to the corner of the sentiment layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tie a bow using Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon bow and use mini glue dot to add to the card.
For added dimension, texture emboss the front of the note card with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder. Use the 2-1/4″ punch to cut a circle of Mossy Meadow cardstock. With the 2″ circle punch, cut a circle from a small floral print in the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper. Layer the floral print onto the Mossy Meadow cardstock circle. Then, attach to the front of the card using Snail adhesive. Stamp the sentiment from the A Little Lace stamp set onto a 1/2″ strip of Whisper White cardstock using Mossy Meadow Classic Ink Pad. With paper snips, cut a pennant tail on the right side of the strip. Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, attach sentiment strip to the front of card. Finish by embellishing with a Mossy Meadow Linen Thread bow. TIP: tie a bow using two pieces of the string, creating a double thread bow.
Terracotta Tile Note Card:
Texture emboss the front of the note card using the Magnolia 3D embossing folder. Wrap a piece of the Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around the card and tie into a bow. Stamp the sentiment, For You, from the Beautiful Bouquet Photopolymer Stamp Set onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Terracotta Tile. Cut tag using the die from the Bouquet Bunch Dies. Tie onto the polka dot bow using Whisper White Baker’s Twine. TIP: to hold tag in place, add a Stampin’ Dimensional to the back of the tag.
Using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, stamp the sentiment onto a 4″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. Attach to the front of the card with Snail adhesive. With the Magnolia Memories Dies, cut three of the coordinating magnolia blossoms from the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper. Add around the sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tie a bow using the Braided Linen Trim and with a mini-glue dot, add to the card. For an extra touch, brush Wink of Stella across the magnolia blossoms.
A set of the Scalloped Note cards would be a perfect gift when you want to give “just a little something”.
Just a reminder – BONUS DAYS are here!
For every $50 you spend (before tax & shipping), you will earn a $5 Bonus Days coupon code that can be used August 1-31. There is no limit to the number of Bonus Days coupon codes you can receive. The coupon codes are sent via email. If you earn multiple coupon codes in a single order, all of the coupon codes will be in one email.
WANT MORE SAVINGS ON YOUR ORDERS?
Now is a good time to join Stampin’ Up! with the EXTRA! EXTRA! promotion. From now until August 31, new demonstrators will receive an additional dollars to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit. THEN, they’ll receive a $10 coupon code the following month. The bonus at initial sign up allows you to select $30 more than usual. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit. What’s great is the coupon code is valid until October 31, 2019 so you can use it when ordering product from the soon to be released Holiday Catalog. Click here to read more details and join the fun!
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for July is: 9HRS3HHQ.
Please use Host Code only if your order is less under $150. You will receive the host rewards if your order exceeds $150!
The 2019-2020 Annual Catalog launches on June 4. So, I am sharing a peek at the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper. The Magnolia Lane Designer Series paper is stunning and is as beautiful as blooming Magnolia trees. I am participating in a designer series paper swap with several other demonstrators. Today’s card is the card prepared for the swap. It features three of the paper’s coordinating designs. Additionally, the sentiment is one of the stamps in the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set. Do you notice the magnolia bud by the sentiment? The coordinating Magnolia Memory Dies cut the bud from one of the designer series papers perfectly. Be sure to add this bundle to your Shopping List.
- The card base (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ score & fold at 4-1/4″) and the oval for the sentiment are Petal Pink cardstock.
- Cut a piece of the floral pattern of the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper to 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- For the next layer, cut Mossy Meadow cardstock to a size of 4-1/4″ x 3″.
- The stripe layer of designer series paper is 4″ x 2-3/4″. Attach to the Mossy Meadow cardstock layer.
- Use the Magnolia Memories die to cut a magnolia bud from the designer series paper.
- With the smaller open cut leaf, cut three leaves from Vellum cardstock. Layer the 3 leaves behind the bud as shown in the photo.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut using an oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies. Layer onto the Petal Pink cardstock oval cut using the Layering Ovals Dies.
- Attach the sentiment piece to the striped designer series paper layer using stampin’ dimensionals.
- Embellish with a bow tied using the Mossy Meadow twine in the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack.
- The final embellishment is a scattering of three Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins in Sahara Sand color.
You will soon be order this beautiful bundle. So mark your calendar for June 4. You can place your order here in my store.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting…