As noted in previous posts, one of my favorite product suites in the Annual Catalog is the Peony Garden Suite. So when celebrating my mother’s birthday in June, the choice was easy. The suite was ideal for decorating a center step peony card to mark the milestone occasion. Plus, the card fit perfectly in a Whisper White medium envelope. Since the celebrating continued for several weeks, the center step peony card was perfect for her to keep it on display!
- The card base starts with a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Petal Pink cardstock. For cutting and scoring to create the center step card base, I followed this video by Wendy Cranford. She uses a wider card but the 1″ cuts on each side of the cardstock and the scoring lines remain the same.
- To cover the front card panels, select coordinating pages from the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper. Cut the following sizes: center panel (4-3/8″ x 2-1/8″), 2 side panels (7/8″ x 4-3/8″) , and bottom panel (4-1/4″ x 7/8″).
- The sentiment on the bottom panel is from the Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set. Since the phrase “Happy Birthday” is combined on one stamp, use a post-it mask on the word you do not want to stamp with the Gray Granite Classic Stampin’ Pad. Next, attach a piece of Gray Granite cardstock to an Adhesive Foam Sheet and cut with the Playful Alphabet Dies. Add to the center of the panel between the sentiment phrase.
- Now, attach the panels to the card front using Stampin’ Seal or Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
- Use the Peony Dies to cut the flower pieces from Petal Pink cardstock. Cut the stamen from a scrap of Basic Black cardstock. Sponge along the edges of the flower pieces with Petal Pink Classic Ink and assemble the peony.
- With Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad, stamp the large stemmed peony onto Whisper White cardstock. Cut with the coordinating Peony Die. Color the stem using Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Markers. Note: you do not need to color the flower since you’ll cover it with the die cut peony flower. Attach to the center panel using Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Add the peony flower to the flower stem using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive covering the peony flower on the stem.
- Embellish around the flower with Clear Epoxy Droplets and add a small 1/4″ Gray Granite Shimmer Ribbon bow.
There are many variations for creating center step cards. Just vary the center step width to create a wider card. Have fun creating a center step card!
Be sure to check out the new Online Store by clicking here. When viewing the new Online Store, be sure to check in the upper left hand corner for the Shopping With notice. You should see my name listed. Don’t forget if you earned $5 Bonus Days coupon codes last month, August is the month to use them!
The August 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month it features the Nothing’s Better Than product bundle.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store from now – August 31, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the August 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com so I can send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
The host code for August is: JUU2YA39. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.