It’s September first and time to start thinking of the arrival of Fall later this month. And what celebration comes in Fall? Halloween, of course! In this post, Cute Halloween meets Pretty Pillow Box Dies. Quick, easy treat holders are made using the Pretty Pillow Box Dies and the Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper. The holders are perfect for adding several pieces of small individually wrapped candies. To embellish the treat boxes, the Cutest Halloween Bundle continues the theme and adds the finishing touch to each treat holder.
Details and tips for assembling:
- Cut a 4-1/2″ x 6″ piece of the Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper using the Pretty Pillow Box Die.
- Fold and burnish the score lines on the box.
- If desired, cut notches with either the edge of a circle punch (I used a retired 1/2″ punch and inserted it along edge of back flaps – see photo) or use a small circle punch to cut notch – just place the die on 1/2 of the paper.
- Next, fold the box flat and seal the scallop flap to the front.
- Next open the pillow box, fill with treats and close the side flaps.
To embellish the treat boxes:
- Use the Halloween Punch from the Cutest Halloween Bundle to cut images from the Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper. TIP: cut around one of the images from the patterned paper, then use a post-it note strip to hold onto the paper while putting into punch to cut the shape. Great way to eliminate wasting paper!
- Next, stamp the sentiment onto a strip of 1/2″ Basic White cardstock & cut flag end using the Banners Pick A Punch. Then, layer the stamped sentiment onto a banner cut from a 3/4″ strip of Highland Heather cardstock. Attach to the top of the pillow box with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Complete by adding the image punched from the designer series paper.
These cute Halloween meets Pretty Pillow Box Dies treat boxes are easy to make! These treat holders are perfect for making your Halloween treats special.
You’ll find all the materials listed under Project Materials below. (And if you purchase the Cutest Halloween Bundle, the Pretty Pillow Box Dies & the Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper, you’ll get to select a FREE Sale-a-Bration product through September 30)
One of the biggest promotions of the year, Sale-a-Bration, has begun. This promotion will run through September 30. Sale-a-bration enables you to earn FREE product for each $50 product purchase. There are some great products available so check out the link to the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
SEPTEMBER PAPER PUMPKIN – HAUNTS & HARVEST
Hay, there! Experience everything the autumn season has to offer with the Haunts & Harvest Paper Pumpkin Kit! This month’s kit includes enough supplies to create 12 treat boxes—4 each of 3 designs. That means you can take your pick of apple, pumpkins, or jack-o-lantern treat boxes! Plus, the Paper Pumpkin box is designed to easily transform into a vintage wheelbarrow for you to display your harvest!
Whether you’re thinking about crisp red apples or you’re ready to carve some spooky jack-o-lanterns (or both!), the Haunts & Harvest Paper Pumpkin Kit—designed in a vivid fall palette—is a hands-on crafting experience for all autumn lovers!
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 12 treat packages—4 each of 3 designs. The all-inclusive kit includes printed die-cut boxes, die-cut sheets, adhesive, and more!
- Finished treat box size: 2-1/2″ x 2″
- Includes an exclusive stamp set and a Classic Stampin’ Spot
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Pale Papaya, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Succulent
You can order this month’s Paper Pumpkin by clicking this link.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
The September host code is: WK99NESD. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.