Masculine Birthday Card
One of the hardest cards for me to create is a masculine birthday card. And of course, I have lots of males in my family! Fortunately, Stampin’ Up! is adding more and more stamp sets appropriate for creating male themed cards. One such is the Hats Off Bundle.
Last month, we celebrated my husband’s birthday and I knew the hat stamp with the coordinating die would be perfect to use. Though I could have gone in many directions with the hat, I settled upon creating a hat honoring his alma mater – LSU. The gold and purple colors were easy as the Gorgeous Grape and Bumblebee cardstocks combine perfectly to match LSU’s colors. For the emblem, I surfed the internet and scaled down the logo. The card was a success and my husband was surprised that I could create a hat honoring his favorite university. As for the birthday sentiment, the Biggest Wishes stamp set is one of my favorite “go to” stamps.
- Hats Off Bundle
- Biggest Wish Stamp Set
- Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
- Card Base: Bumblebee Cardstock (5-1/2″ x 11″; score and fold at 4-1/4″)
- Layer One: Gorgeous Grape Designer Series Paper (5-1/4″ x 4″). Comes from the Brights 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper Package.
- Basic White cardstock: 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Classic Stampin’ Pads: Gorgeous Grape & Bumblebee
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock: 4″ x 3″ to cut hat
- Bumblebee Cardstock: 4″ x 3″ and scrap for hat medallion
- Sponge Dauber
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Adhesive (Stampin’ Seal+ or Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Watch the video below on tips for stamping with the hat photopolymer stamp to achieve a perfectly cut hat. (note, the video is not for constructing the hat, just a tip for using the hat stamp & coordinating die)
- Stamp the hat on the Gorgeous Grape & the Bumblebee cardstocks using the same color as the cardstock. Then cut each with the hat die. Cut the “bill” from the Bumblebee hat and attach to the Gorgeous Grape hat.
- Stamp sentiments before texture embossing the Basic White layer.
- Use sponge daubers to sponge around stitching and brim of hat with the coordinating colors.
Hope the stamping & die cutting tip useful for you! And, be sure to have fun creating hats for the favorite people in your life (male or female!)
One of the biggest promotions of the year, Sale-a-Bration, has begun. This promotion will run through September 30. Sale-a-bration enables you to earn FREE product for each $50 product purchase. There are some great products available so check out the link to the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
SEPTEMBER PAPER PUMPKIN – HAUNTS & HARVEST
Hay, there! Experience everything the autumn season has to offer with the Haunts & Harvest Paper Pumpkin Kit! This month’s kit includes enough supplies to create 12 treat boxes—4 each of 3 designs. That means you can take your pick of apple, pumpkins, or jack-o-lantern treat boxes! Plus, the Paper Pumpkin box is designed to easily transform into a vintage wheelbarrow for you to display your harvest!
Whether you’re thinking about crisp red apples or you’re ready to carve some spooky jack-o-lanterns (or both!), the Haunts & Harvest Paper Pumpkin Kit—designed in a vivid fall palette—is a hands-on crafting experience for all autumn lovers!
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 12 treat packages—4 each of 3 designs. The all-inclusive kit includes printed die-cut boxes, die-cut sheets, adhesive, and more!
- Finished treat box size: 2-1/2″ x 2″ (6.4 x 5.1 cm)
- Includes an exclusive stamp set and a Classic Stampin’ Spot
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Pale Papaya, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Succulent
You can order this month’s Paper Pumpkin by clicking this link.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting,
The August host code is: 79GAWNYJ. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.