Today, I’m sharing a simple plaid card that requires very little time to create. Additionally, the color scheme of red, black, white and crumb cake is great for a masculine theme card. One thing that makes this card simple is the use of the Adhesive Sheets on the cardstock layers prior to cutting with the Builder Plaid Dies. Just add an Adhesive Sheet to the back of the cardstock prior to being cut with the dies. After cutting, you just peel the backing, place the plaid layer atop the other layer and press to attach. Couldn’t be any easier!
This simple plaid card features the black cardstock cut with the open plaid die and the crumb cake cut with the small square plaid die. The sentiment is from the Many Mates Stamp Set. Be sure to check out the stamp set, it has some wonderful sentiments and uses a variety of fonts. Card materials and tips for assembly are below:
- Card Base: Real Red cardstock
- Layer 1: Basic Black
- Plaid Layers: Whisper White cardstock – for plaid base, Basic Black cardstock & Crumb Cake cardstock
- Adhesive Backed Sheets
- Dies: Best Plaid Builder Dies; Stitched So Sweetly Dies (for sentiment)
- Stamp Set: Many Mates
- Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Embellishments: Basic Rhinestone Jewels (to create a black rhinestone, color the Basic Rhinestone Jewels with Dark Basic Black Stampin’ Blends)
- Stampin’ Up! Paper Trimmer (or other paper cutter)
- Stampin’ Seal and Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut the layers for the plaid the size of the card front (5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″).
- Layer the black open plaid design onto the Whisper White cardstock layer, press firmly. Follow with adding the Crumb Cake cardstock layer. Then after adding each of the the plaid layers, use the Paper Trimmer to cut along each side to obtain a 3-3/4″ x 5″ plaid layer.
- Add the cut plaid layer to the Basic Black Layer using a strong adhesive.
In an earlier post, I shared a stepped up version of this card featuring an additional plaid layer. You can find the details here. Of course, it’s time for me to come up with another color scheme to use for a plaid design!
Stampin’ Up! is making it even better to order this month…check out the Bonus Days info below.
Also, the July 3D Tutorial Bundle is still available!
Would you like the July 3D Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the July 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and July 31, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE. Note: be sure to register and allow me to contact you so I receive notice of your order and can send the tutorial.
2. Purchase the July 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!