Looking for a quick card? Today’s card highlights the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper and is a card that can be made quickly. Earlier in the month, I needed cards to send to the Playtime with Paper team members in recognition of their July achievements. This Bird Ballad Congratulations card was the result. You’ll notice the card is not the standard rectangular shape. Instead, the card features a square base which works perfectly with the design. Notice too there’s very little stamping. It’s only on the sentiment. The beautiful prints of the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper help create the card. What’s wonderful with Stampin’ Up! designer series paper are the coordinating prints on the reversible papers. Read on for details on recreating this beautiful card.
Bird Ballad Congratulations card details:
- Card Base: cut a 8″ x 4″ Thick Whisper White cardstock, score and fold at 4″ to create a 4″ x 4″ base.
- Cut a 4″ x 4″ piece of Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper.
- Using the Layering Squares Dies, position the square on the center of the designer series paper to cut the frame. The middle of the paper cut from the frame is used for the card front.
- Lay the frame atop the card base – TIP: DO NOT ADHERE YET.
- For the card center, carefully adhere center piece of the designer series paper so that it’s inside the frame.
- Lift frame piece and use stampin’ dimensionals to add it to the card front.
- Stamp the Congratulations from the Here’s A Card stamp set onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Cut using the Classic Label Punch.
- Fussy cut flower pieces from the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. Attach the sentiment piece and the floral pieces to the frame using mini glue dots.
- Finish by embellishing the flower centers with Basic Rhinestone Jewels.
NOTE: If you have the retired Envelope Punch Board, you can make an envelope. Or just pop the card in a Stampin’ Up! Medium envelope, it works great too!
Check out this short video from Stampin’ Up! highlighting the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper:
Isn’t the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper gorgeous?!
WANT MORE SAVINGS ON YOUR ORDERS? WOULD YOU LIKE EARLY ACCESS TO THE HOLIDAY CATALOG? BETTER HURRY, THIS PROMO ENDS SOON!
Now is a good time to join Stampin’ Up! with the EXTRA! EXTRA! promotion. From now until August 31, new demonstrators will receive an additional dollars to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit. THEN, they’ll receive a $10 coupon code the following month. The bonus at initial sign up allows you to select $30 more than usual. You will pay $99 to sign up and choose $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit. Plus, as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, you will have online access to the Holiday Catalog and can even select items for your Starter Kit from the Holiday Catalog. The coupon code you receive is valid until October 31, 2019 so you can use it when ordering products from the Annual or the Holiday Catalog. Click here to read more details and join the fun!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for August is: CZ9HMVB2. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!