After making numerous cards with a butterfly theme, it became necessary to create packaging for a set of the butterfly cards. The Acetate Card Boxes in the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog are perfect for packing the cards. Instead of putting the cards in just a clear acetate box, decorate the box to add extra flair. For consistency, I chose to use the butterfly theme for decorating the box. It’s an easy project and now the cards are neatly packaged to present as a gift or to sell at a craft fair. Best of all, the Butterfly Botanical Designer Series Paper and the Butterfly Elements are in the Sale-a-Bration brochure and each are FREE with qualifying purchases. Continue reading below for the steps to recreate this box to package your butterfly cards.
Decorating the Acetate Card Box
- Assemble the acetate card box.
- Use a 5-3/8″ x 5-5/8″ piece of Balmy Blue cardstock. On the 5-3/8″ side, score at 1/2″ and 4-7/8″. Add texture to the center area between the score lines using the Layering Leaves Dynamic Texture Embossing Folder. Fold score lines and insert the cardstock into the box.
- Cut a 2″ x 5-3/4″ strip of Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper (DSP). Attach to the center of the acetate box using Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Stamp the “Just for You” sentiment from the Meant to Be Stamp set in Tuxedo Memento Black Ink onto a 3-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the large circle framelit dies from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. Attach to the box using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish around the sentiment using the Butterfly Elements and adding a coordinating bow.
The Organdy Ribbon Combo Pack in the Sale-a-Bration brochure is currently sold out and will be available in early March while reorder supplies last. The 1/8″ Grapefruit Grove Grain Ribbon is a good substitute to use for making a coordinating bow.
Now when you want to package a set of your card creations, you can easily decorate an acrylic box to coordinate with your cards.
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to subscribe to receive an email of my posts. Look for them each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Download the Annual Catalog
Download the Occasions Catalog and see all the new products
Visit the Clearance Rack for unadvertised specials
Sign up for my newsletter
10% Off Coordinating Product Bundles