Background Stamping with Rubber Bands
A few months ago, I attended an online retreat offered by a team of other Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators. One of the presenters, Brandy Cox, demonstrated background stamping with rubber bands. I know – it sounds crazy! But wait until you see what you can create. It’s very simple and only requires a clear block, rubber bands and inks. My feature card uses three of the 2022-2024 In Color inks: Parakeet Party, Starry Sky and Sweet Sorbet to create a cheerful background for a sweet songbird.
How to use rubber bands for background stamping:
- Using a variety of rubber band sizes, wrap the rubber bands around a clear stamping block. As you see in the photo below, you can crisscross and have the rubber bands going in a variety of directions. Try to not twist the rubber bands but sometime it’s unavoidable. Wrap as many or as few as you wish.
- After wrapping, select the desired ink colors you wish to use. Working with one ink color at a time, ink the rubber bands by tapping the ink pad across the rubber bands. I found it easiest to apply ink this way versus pressing the block onto the ink pad.
- Stamp onto your cardstock and gently rock (yes, in this case, we do slightly rock the block). At this point, you can reink or stamp off an additional time prior to re-inking the rubber bands. Using the same color, stamp randomly on the cardstock.
- Once you’re satisfied with the coverage of the first color, clean the rubber bands by holding under running water or use a very wet Shammy to blot clean (do not wipe as it may cause your rubber bands to shift).
- Repeat process for each of your selected colors. NOTE: if you wish, you could add rubber bands to multiple blocks and use a separate block for each color.
WARNING: This technique is addictive!!!
Here are two other cards created using the same technique. For both of these cards, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive and Granny Apple Green inks are used. TIP: start with light color and move to dark color if using same color family (in this case, green color family). The background is perfect for the animal images from the Wild & Sweet Stamp Set. No sentiment needed!
The July – December 2022 Mini Catalog is now “live” and available for product ordering. In addition, one of the biggest promotions of the summer, Sale-a-bration has launched. Be sure to check out the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog and the Sale-a-Bration Brochure. During Sale-a-Bration, for every $50 and $100 you spend, you’ll earn FREE exclusive products from the brochure. Depending upon the amount you spend, you can mix and match products from the brochure. Best of all, several of the products coordinates with products from the July-December 2022 catalog. The Sale-a-bration promotion will end on August 31. Be sure to check out the FREE Sale-A-Bration Host set you will receive with a $300 order.
And if that’s not enough…If you’re considering joining the Stampin’ Up! team as an independent demonstrator, now’s the time to do it! Sign up during our Sale-A-Bration event and the Making Plans Collection will be automatically added to your Starter Kit for FREE. Plus, you’ll get to enjoy all the perks of being a demonstrator—early access to our products, the opportunity to earn a modest supplemental income doing something you love, and so much more! And personally, I think one of the best perks is meeting other people that enjoy being creative! It’s important to remember, it’s up to you if you wish to make it a business or if you just want to enjoy the discount on products and early access to products. Many enjoy the perks being “hobbyist”. Click here to learn more about joining the fun. Plus, you’ll become a member of my Playtime with Paper team and receive the rewards that I offer to members.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Just a reminder: for orders over $150 you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy crafting!