Yes, you read the title correctly! Today’s card is a “no stamping card.” When creating for the June “to go” class, I opted to make one card that would require no stamping. The Sunflower Dies and the Flowers for Every Season provide the perfect combination to create a simple, lovely card without the use of stamps. Of course, if you want to add a stamped sentiment, it’s easy to do. I find it handy to have cards on hand without a sentiment and when a specific occasion arises, it’s easy to add the needed sentiment. However, this card works great without a sentiment too!
- Card Base: Misty Moonlight cardstock cut at 4-1/4” x 11”, score at 5-1/2” and fold.
- Layer 1: Whisper White cardstock – 5-1/4” x 4”
- Layer 2: Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper (DSP) – 4” x 3”
- Bumblebee cardstock: cut 2 @ 3-3/8” x 3-3/8”
- Cinnamon Cider cardstock: 1-1/4” x 1-1/4”
- Just Jade cardstock: 1-1/2” x 8”
- Misty Moonlight ¼” In Color Ribbon
- Sunflower Dies
- Adhesive Sheets: 1 cut to 3-3/8” x 3-3/8” and 1
- Stampin’ Seal
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Mini Glue Dots
- Attach the 3-3/8” x 3-3/8” Adhesive Sheet to one of the Bumblebee cardstock squares and add the other adhesive sheet to the Just Jade cardstock.
- Using Stampin’ Seal, attach the Flowers for Every Season DSP to the Whisper White cardstock. Add the piece 5” piece of the Misty Moonlight ¼” In Color Ribbon around the card (refer to photo for placement location). Next, attach the Whisper White/DSP layer to the Misty Moonlight card base.
- Select the two large sunflower dies from the Sunflower Dies. Use the Sunflower Base Die to cut the sunflower shape from the 3-3/8” x 3-3/8” Bumblebee cardstock that does not have the adhesive sheet attached.
- Next, cut the Bumblebee cardstock with the adhesive on the back with the petals Sunflower Die. Align the petals with the sunflower base, then remove the adhesive sheet backing and attach petals to create the sunflower.
- Using the sunflower center die, cut one from the Cinnamon Cider cardstock. Add to the center of the sunflower using a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Select the large solid leaf die and the coordinating open leaf die from the Sunflower Dies. Cut 3 solid leaves from the 1-1/2” x 3” strip of Just Jade cardstock. Cut 3 of the open leaves from the Just Jade cardstock with the adhesive sheet. Layer the open leaves (veins) to the solid leaves – attach by removing the backing on the adhesive sheet.
- Referring to photo for placement, attach the leaves to the back of the sunflower using mini glue dots. Then, attach the sunflower to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, complete the front of the card by adding a small bow tied from the Misty Moonlight ¼” In Color Ribbon.
See how simple it is to create a beautiful card?!
Additional Tips: A must have for the sunflower dies are the Adhesive Sheets. The adhesive sheets make it easy to attach the intricate cut pieces to their coordinating bases.
For an extra touch, use coordinating ink and a sponge dauber to add depth to the sunflower and the leaves.
Be sure to register under “Get My Posts” so that you’ll receive my blog updates. I’ll be featuring a “stepped up” version of this card in the near future. And yes, stamping will be involved! (lol)
There is still time to purchase the June Tutorial Bundle.
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and June 30, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE. Note: be sure to register and allow me to contact you so I receive notice of your order and can send the tutorial.
2. Purchase the June 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE! From now through June 30th, Stampin’ Up! is offering a Pick A Free Bundle Promotion. When you become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, you can choose any stamp and tool bundle from the new 2020–2021 Annual Catalog for FREE. So it’s a great time to join! Click here to join.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for June is K3A9P6XS. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!