This fun Whimsy & Wonder Merry Christmas card features the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper. Even the packages used for embellishing the front are cut from the gorgeous designer series paper. The non-traditional colors in the paper helps to create a fun, cheerful holiday card. Of course, ask my granddaughter and she’ll tell you that yes, pink is a Christmas color. She actually has a pink Christmas tree for her bedroom! So naturally, it is a must that I use the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper. Below are photos of the card one with a Polished Pink border and one with a white border. You’ll have to watch the assembly video to learn the details:)
- Basic White Thick cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11″, score and fold at 5-1/2″ for form card base. Scrap piece to stamp and fussy cut the Merry Christmas sentiment.
- Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper: Snowflake Design layer 5-1/2″ x 4″; fussy cut 4 presents from the designer paper to use on the card front.
- 1-1/2″ x 4″ strip of Polished Pink In-Color Shimmer Vellum – Cut the strip using the long, narrow die from the Seasonal Labels Dies. Attach to the front of the Snowflake Designer Series Paper and snip the overhanging edge before attaching to the card base (I forgot to do this in the assembly video!)
- Add a Wonderful Snowflake Embellishment over the shimmer vellum, then layer the presents, adding the top present with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp Merry Christmas using Polished Pink Classic Stampin’ Pad and fussy cut around the greeting. Note: select your favorite Merry Christmas font (I used the Christmas to Remember & the Holly Jolly Wishes Stamp Sets) Attach the greeting using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Don’t forget to embellish the envelope flap with the Whimsy & Wonder Designer Series Paper. It adds the finishing touch! Be sure to register to follow my posts, I’ll be sharing a Whimsy & Wonder gift tag soon.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting,
The current host code is: ZWWEXW79 (good until December 3, 2021). Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
In the new July-December Mini Catalog, the Whimsy & Wonder Suite features the Whimsical Trees Bundle. For even more whimsical cheer, the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper offers designs in non-traditional holiday colors. Today’s Whimsical Trees card combines the bundle and the designer series paper in a fun holiday card. Even though the Polished Pink and Mint Macaroon aren’t a typical holiday color scheme, the colors combine with the Evening Evergreen to create a merry card.
Whimsical Trees Card Details:
- Card Base: Basic White Thick 4-1/4″ x 11″, score & fold at 5-1/2″
- Mint Macaroon Layer: 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper Layer: 5-1/4″ x 4″. Attach to the Mint Macaroon layer & then to the card base using a strong adhesive.
- Stamp the medium tree using Mint Macaroon Classic Ink Pad onto a piece of Mint Macaroon cardstock. Next, cut using the coordinating die from the Christmas Trees Dies.
- Use the large, thin tree die to cut the tree from Polished Pink cardstock. Use the garland die to cut a piece of the Silver Specialty Foil. Layer the garland onto the tree and adhere with multipurpose liquid adhesive (or add Adhesive Sheet to the back of the Silver Foil prior to die cutting).
- With the open tree die, cut tree shape from Evening Evergreen cardstock.
- Referring to card photo for placement, position & layer the trees on the card base. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the Polished Pink tree.
- From scraps of Silver Foil Specialty Paper, cut ornaments and stars with the dies. Embellish the two smaller trees with the ornaments and stars.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Polished Pink Classic Ink Pad. Cut using the Double Oval Punch.
- With the scallop oval from the Double Oval Punch, cut a scrap of Mint Macaroon cardstock. Adhere the sentiment oval to the scallop oval. Attach to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Complete the card front by adding a bow tied with the silver cord from the Simply Elegant Trim pack.
It was fun to step “outside the box” and use non-traditional colors for a Christmas card. While traditional colors can be used with the Whimsical Trees Bundle, I’ll being using the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper for more holiday themed projects.
One of the biggest promotions of the year, Sale-a-Bration, has begun. This promotion will run through September 30. Sale-a-bration enables you to earn FREE product for each $50 product purchase. There are some great products available so check out the link to the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting,
The August host code is: 79GAWNYJ. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.