Beauty Of The Earth Suite
Happy Friday! For this week’s post, I am featuring the Beauty of the Earth Suite. The Beauty of the Earth Suite includes the Beauty of Friendship Bundle, the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper and the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Today’s cards are two of the designs from Playtime with Paper team member and Peach State Stamper, Linda Edwards. Each card showcases the aptly named Beauty of the Earth Suite. I’m calling the first card a “panel card” and the second card a “thinking of you card”. Below each card, I’ll share a few details for creating each.
Tips for creating the Beauty of the Earth “Panel” Card:
- Select the desired Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper that you wish to use as the long panel and cut a panel 1″ x 4-1/4″. Using the designer series paper as your guide, select a coordinating color for your card base and the layer for adhering the panels. For this sample, Misty Moonlight cardstock has been selected. Cut card base (5-1/2″ x 11″, score & fold at 4-1/4″) and panel layer 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″.
- Using Basic White Cardstock (CS), cut the following pieces: 5-1/4″ x 4″; 3″ x 2-1/8″; 1-1/2″ x 2-1/8″.
- To add texture to the large piece of Basic White cardstock, texture emboss using the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Next, attach to the card base using a strong adhesive.
- Next, stamp the sentiment and the tree onto the remaining Basic White CS panels.
- Attach the Beauty of the Earth DSP panel and the stamped panels to the base color cardstock layer.
- Wrap Linen Thread around the DSP panel three (3) times and attach to the back of the cardstock. Tie a small bow with the Linen Thread & attach to the wrapped threads using a glue dot. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add layer to the card base atop the bark embossed layer.
- Complete the card front by die cutting a bird using the Beautiful Trees Dies. Add to the card front using a glue dot.
Now for the Beauty of Earth “Thinking of You” card:
Tips for creating:
- Create the card base using Thick Basic White cardstock (5-1/2″ x 11″, score & fold at 4-1/4″).
- Cut Bumblebee cardstock(CS) panel 5-1/4″ x 4″. Using the splotch stamp from the Beauty of Friendship Stamp Set & Bumblebee Ink Pad, stamp on the upper right & lower left corners. Attach to the card base.
- A panel of Early Espresso is cut 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ and texture embossed using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder (or use the Bark 3D Embossing Folder)
- The background panel (4″ x 3″) for the tree is cut from the Beauty of the Earth DSP. For the grass, use a Blender Brush to apply Old Olive ink to the lower portion of the panel. Stamp the ground area using Early Espresso. Layer the panels onto the card – refer to the card photo to note how to place the panels.
- Using the Beautiful Tree Dies, cut the tree base & leaves from the Beauty of the Early DSP. With adhesive, add the tree base to the background DSP layer. Next, add the leaves panel to the tree base using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish the card by die cutting two birds from a scrap of Bumblebee cardstock and attach to the tree with glue dots.
- Finish by stamping the Thinking of You sentiment from the stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White CS and cut with the coordinating die. Place it atop a strip of Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim and attach to the card front.
After seeing these two cards, don’t you want to add the Beauty of the Earth Suite to your “must have” list? I know I did!!! Thank you Linda for these gorgeous card designs featuring the Beauty of the Earth Suite. You can see more of Linda’s creativity at Crafty Heron Designs.
JUST A FEW REMINDERS…
Hurry only 5 days remain! The Last Chance Product Sale ends on June 30. Click here to check out the Last Chance Products.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
The current host code is: BRA2WKZ2. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.