One of the card’s in today’s to-go card class features a Plaid Stitched Leaf. I’m loving the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper. Though the name implies Christmas, the wide array of colors makes it perfect for a variety of occasions. The colors selected from the plaid design for the class card features Cinnamon Cider and Mango Melody. The plaid stitched leaf pulls the design together. With the many plaid designs, you have a range of color selections to use.
- Cinnamon Cider Cardstock (4-1/4” x 11”, score at 5-1/2” and fold for card base)
- Whisper White Cardstock (2 pcs: 4” x 5-1/4”; ½” x 3” for banner label)
- Mango Melody Cardstock (5” x 3-3/4”)
- Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper (3” x 3”)
- Banner Year Stamp Set
- Cinnamon Cider Classic Ink Pad
- Pick A Banner Punch
- Cinnamon Cider ¼” In Color Ribbon (3-1/4”)
- Stitched Leaves Dies
- Adhere a piece of the 4” x 5-1/4” Whisper White cardstock to the Cinnamon Cider card base.
- Using the large stitched leaf die (and the center of the leaf); cut a stitched leaf on the upper portion of the Mango Melody cardstock.
- Add the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper piece to the back of the Mango Melody so that it’s framed by the leaf cutout. Adhere to the Whisper White layer on the card base.
- Using the banner punch, create a banner label using the strip of Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp the “with a grateful heart” sentiment from the Banner Year Stamp Set onto the banner label using the Cinnamon Cider Classic Ink Pad.
- Add the Cinnamon Cider ribbon to the card front centered in the area below the leaf cutout. Attach the sentiment banner atop the ribbon using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the card interior, add the stitched leaf to the Whisper White cardstock.
Change the plaid pattern, the base colors and the leaf die used and you’ll have a variety of cards! It’s easy to quickly create a card set for gifting (or keeping for yourself to use).
To celebrate the beginning of the new Stampin’ Up! business year, I am launching a Customer Loyalty Program. Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form} for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me.
Oh, don’t forget about the Designer Series Paper Sale. It is ongoing through the end of October. During this incredible sale, you can save 15% on select Designer Series Papers from current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. So, you’ll want to stock up on your favorites. Just click here to see the beautiful papers on sale.
The October 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects feature fall themed projects.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and November 10, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the October 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting…
The host code for October is: YZ64N9SM. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.
Happy Friday! As promised, today I’m sharing the project details from Wednesday evening’s Facebook Live. The bundles, Little Treats meets Banner Year, combine to create adorable treat holders. First, thank you to those that watched the presentation! Despite a few technical glitches, I felt it important to continue and demonstrated the treat boxes below. Second and good news, I learned how to correct the glitch. As a result, going forward, my Facebook Lives should be in landscape position. It’s a learning process and important to not give up but keep trying. Right?!
Now, on to the projects. As mentioned in the demonstration, I love making treat holders and the Little Treats Bundle is great for doing so. The Little Treat Box Dies from the bundle creates an ideal sized treat box when you want to give “a little something”. Even better, use the Banner Year Bundle and the creative possibilities grow exponentially. So, what will fit in the treat boxes? In addition to small candies or packages of small cookies, the Bath & Body Works small hand sanitizers fit perfectly. In this post, I’m sharing 6 different designs combining the two bundles but have other ideas that I’ll share later. For the projects, the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper provides a wide variety of plaid color combinations making it a perfect selection for making the treat boxes.
Assembly & Tips:
- This is a great project for using your scrap cardstock! Though I’m providing dimensions, in most cases, just grab small pieces from your scrap pile.
- Treat boxes can be left open or select coordinating ribbons to tie closed.
For the first step, use the Little Treat Box Die to cut the 6″ x 6″ Plaid Designer Series. Then, assemble the treat boxes. If desired, add adhesive to the front and back panels to hold the panels fixed against the inside box.
From a 1″ x 1″ scrap of Basic Black cardstock, use the spider die from the Little Treat Box Dies to cut a spider. After cutting the spider, use Clear Wink of Stella to add shimmer to the spider body and add two small Basic Rhinestone Jewels for the eyes. On a 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the Happy, Happy Halloween sentiment from the Little Treats stamp set using Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin’ Pad. Then, stamp the web from the Banner Year Stamp Set using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad on the upper corner. Use the 1-1/2″ circle punch to cut. Use the stitched and scalloped circle die from the Little Treat Box Dies to cut from a 2″ x 2″ piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock. Adhere the stamped sentiment circle to the Daffodil Delight scalloped circle and add the spider using a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional. Add to the front of the treat box using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stamp BOO! (from the Banner Year Stamp Set) using Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the 1-1/2″ circle punch. Above the word BOO, stamp the Bat (Banner Year Stamp Set) using the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad. Stamp another bat onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and fussy cut. Layer atop the stamped bat on the Whisper White using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Attach to a Scalloped Circle (Little Treat Box Dies) cut from Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
Cut each end of a 1″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Banners Pick A Punch. After punching the ends, stamp multiple leaves on the right side using Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink Pad – TIP: after inking stamp – “stamp off” onto a scrap piece of paper 2 times before stamping onto the tag. NOTE: All stamps for are from the Banner Year Stamp Set. Stamp the pumpkin using the Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink Pad onto the left side of the tag and also onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the pumpkin stem and the Happy Fall Y’all using Mossy Meadow Classic Ink Pad. Fussy cut the extra pumpkin and add atop the pumpkin on the tag using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Create the banner tag by cutting a one end of a 1/2″ x 3″ strip of Whisper White cardstock using the Banners Pick A Punch. Using the Happy Thanksgiving stamp from the Banner Year Stamp Set, stamp the sentiment using Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad close to the banner end. Ink the acorn stamp using Cinnamon Cider. Then, stamp off onto a scrap of paper before stamping beside the sentiment. Cut a 6″ piece of In-Color Bumblebee Ribbon and form a loop. Attach the ribbon loop to the treat box and add the banner tag using dimensionals.
Create banners: Real Red cardstock (3″ x 1″) and Whisper White cardstock (2-3/4″ x 3/4″). Stamp “be merry” onto the Whisper White tag using Real Red Classic Ink Pad. Stamp the Holly using Shaded Spruce Classic Ink Pad. For the holly berries, stamp using Real Red and then add Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels atop the stamped berries. Layer the stamped tag onto the Real Red cardstock tag and attach to treat box using dimensionals.
From the Little Treats Stamp Set, stamp HO HO HO Merry Christmas using Real Red Classic Ink Pad onto a 1″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Next, cut into the tag shape using the die from the Little Treat Box Dies. Now stamp the Santa Hat, also from the LIttle Treats Stamp Set, using Real Red onto a 1-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the coordinating die. Add Clear Wink of Stella to the “fur” rim and “pompom” of the hat. Attach hat to the corner of the sentiment tag using a Glue Dot. To highlight the tag, create a belly band by wrapping a 1-1/4″ x 6″ piece of Basic Black cardstock around the assembled treat box. Run a bone folder along each corner to help crease and form the band. To seal the belly band, use a strong adhesive such Stampin’ Seal+ or Tear & Tape. Add the sentiment tag to the belly band using dimensionals.
I had lots of fun creating the Little Treat Boxes and even more fun, creating a variety of tags for each. As noted earlier, there are possibilities galore when combining the Little Treats and the Banner Year Bundles. So, don’t delay and order these bundles so you can start creating fun treat boxes to have for the upcoming seasonal events. And one last thing, if you want to watch the video click here (remember, it was a learning process! forward thru the first two minutes where I’m attempting to adjust the view. And no, I won’t be offended if you laugh!)
The September 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects are focusing on Halloween.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and September 30, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the September 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE! September is a great time to join – Stampin’ Up! is offering the “Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion”. In addition to the regular Starter Kit ($99), you’ll receive enough cardstock pieces to make 16 cards, a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the So Much Love stamp set, and the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set. Contact me for more details.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully, I’ve inspired you to get creative! Below you will find a list of the project materials used for today’s project. To order the supplies, you can download the Supply List and go to my store to by clicking here. Your order is greatly appreciated.
The host code for September is: 2EAKUGQC. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.