Recently while shopping at T.J. Maxx, I found Halloween themed fingernail files and wouldn’t you know, the nail files coordinate with several Stampin’ Up! products. So of course, I “had” to purchase them! And naturally added to my project agenda was creating Halloween themed fingernail file holders for gifting to friends. I settled upon one of my favorite wraps to use for holding the fingernail files – an origami wrap. Often this design is maybe called chopstick wrap or pencil holder wrap so it’s quite versatile. As you’ll see in my video below, the Halloween themed fingernail file holders are easy to make and come together quickly.
Project Materials & Details:
- Cutest Halloween Bundle
- Cute Halloween 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (refer to Assembly Video)
- Score one 6″ x 6″ piece of designer series paper at 1-1/2″, 3″ and 4-1/2″. Burnish score lines with bone folder.
- On the upper right corner, fold the corner in so that it meets the score 4-1/2″ line and use bone folder to crease.
- Then on the upper left corner, fold this corner to the middle 3″ score line and crease the fold with the bone folder.
- On the left lower corner, fold in to the 1-1/2″ score line and crease with bone folder.
- Next, fold the right side in to the middle and wrap the left side around and attach at the back with strong adhesive.
- Layering Circles Dies (used the 2-1/4″ scalloped die & the 1-7/8 circle die)
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Basic White and Highland Heather cardstocks (scrap pieces)
- Paper Snips (use for fussy cutting images from designer series paper)
- Cute Stars Adhesive Backed Sequins
- Tailormade Tag Dies (optional – used for tag on the Bat fingernail file holder)
- Seal+ Adhesive
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Bone folder
Decorate as desired using images from the Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper and stamp sentiments from the coordinating Cutest Halloween Stamp Set. If you prefer, you can also stamp images using the Cutest Halloween Stamp Set. But as you can see in the video, using the images from the designer series paper makes the project even quicker!
In addition to the Halloween themed fingernail files, I also purchased fall themed fingernail files. Wouldn’t you know, that Stampin’ Up! also has stamps and paper to coordinate with them!!! For the fall theme, the Nuts About Squirrels Stamp Set provided a perfect finishing touch to the fingernail file holders.
The themed fingernail files and the coordinating holders make perfect “little something” gifts! I hope you have fun creating them for your friends and family!
Time is running out to take advantage of one of the biggest promotions of the year, Sale-a-Bration. This promotion ends on September 30. Sale-a-bration enables you to earn FREE product for each $50 product purchase. There are some great products available so check out the link to the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
Paper Pumpkin – Peaceful Christmas is now available for order
When you picture a peaceful Christmas, what comes to mind? Do you see snow outside your window, softly swirling through the sky? A tree trimmed with tinsel, a fire crackling nearby? Maybe you’re dreaming of decorating a holly jolly gingerbread house. Can you catch a whiff of Christmas cookies wafting through the air?
Picture a peaceful Christmas with the Peaceful Christmas Paper Pumpkin Kit! With shimmering silver now, heartwarming holiday wishes, and seasonal shades of ravishing red and gorgeous green, you’ll be supplied with what you need to whip up a sparking winter scene. Brew a cup of cocoa, snuggle with a soft blanket, and prepare for a cozy craft night in!
- The kit contains enough elements to create 10 Christmas cards—5 each of 2 designs—and coordinating envelopes. This all-inclusive kit includes printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, and more!
- October’s kit arrives in a cute collectible box covered with enchanting evergreen trees. Use this special, limited-edition box to store your holiday handicrafts, or transform it into a well-wrapped package for a present!
- The kit’s contents pair perfectly with the Peaceful Place Suite Collection (item 156277). To continue your Christmas crafting, combine the kit’s components with the suite’s patterned paper, shimmery sequins, and more!
Order your Peaceful Christmas Paper Pumpkin kit here
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Remember for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. (please confirm that it says you’re shopping with Margaret Knight) Thank you for selecting to place your order with me. I truly appreciate your business.
The September host code is: WK99NESD. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.