Today’s card design, a Cheerful Hello, utilizes the sketch from the Playtime with Paper weekly challenge. One of my favorite papers is the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper, thus I thought it perfect for a cheerful card. Notice the background layer? The Whisper White cardstock has been texture embossed using the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder. Recall, this is an early release product from the upcoming catalog. Continue reading for more card details.
- Cut Pool Party cardstock 5-1/2″ x 11″ and score at 4-1/4″. Fold along score line to create the card base.
- Texture emboss a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder. Do not add to card base yet.
- Select two coordinating pieces of the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper and cut each 4-1/4″ x 3″.
- Attach the Designer Series Paper to the Whisper White embossed layer using an offset angle for the top layer (refer to photo).
- Cut a 24″ piece of Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and color with Daffodil Delight. Methods for coloring includes using the Daffodil Delight Dark Stampin’ Blends marker or using drops of Daffodil Delight Ink Refill and a plastic bag to die the ribbon. If you add ink refill drops to a small plastic bag with the ribbon, massage so that ink transfers to ribbon. Remove from the bag and it’s important to let ribbon before using or else the color will transfer to your card. When coloring with the Stampin’ Blends, the color will dries immediately.
- Wrap ribbon around the Whisper White layer and across the Designer Series Paper panels. Tie into a small bow.
- With a strong adhesive such as Multipurpose Liquid Glue, attach to the Pool Party card base.
- Using the Hello sentiment from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, stamp onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Cut the sentiment using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
- Attach the sentiment to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Embellish using the coordinating Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins.
Take note, the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper and the Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins are on the Last-Chance Product List. Therefore, these products will only available through June 2 or while supplies last. Be sure to place your order soon if you want this beautiful paper and easy to use embellishments.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for May is R929JEAV. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!