The Fall Fun Fold card is a change from the typical card design and “fun fold” definitely describes this card. The card is one of the samples from the September class and showcases products from both current Stampin’ Up! Catalogs. The Country Home Photopolymer Stamp Set can be found in the Annual Catalog on page 95. Though it’s a great set to use year round, the milk can with the cotton bolls floral arrangement reminds me of Fall. The Come To Gather Designer Series Paper, from the Holiday Catalog, is added on the front fold panel. Continue reading below the card photos for the card details.
- First layer is Mint Macaron cardstock: 4-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- To create the slender folded panel, use Pretty Peacock cardstock. The size is 9-1/2″ x 2-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-3/4″.
- Referring to photos for the placement, attach the Pretty Peacock panel to the Mint Macaron card base using adhesive.
- Cut two panels of Whisper White cardstock 4-1/2″ x 2-1/4″. On one of the panels, stamp the milk can using Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad. Stamp the florals with Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad. Use Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad for the sentiment. TIP: To make alignment and stamping easier, use the Stamparatus.
- Use the following Stampin’ Blends: Smoky Slate (light & dark for the milk can), Mint Macaron (light & dark for leaves), Rich Razzleberry (dark for the berries), Daffodil Delight (dark for the center flower) and Cajun Craze (light and dark for the seed pods).
- For the cotton bolls, add small touches of the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint and heat set. TIP: Work quickly as the puff paint is very thin (little goes a long way) and can dissolve the stamped image. I suggest doing a section at a time. Add a small amount of the Puff Paint, heat set and repeat. If you look closely at my photo, you’ll notice the stamped image started to dissolve giving a “dirty” appearance to the cotton bolls. Of course, cotton bolls aren’t all pristine white!
- For the interior sentiment, stamp it with the Pretty Peacock on the other Whisper White panel. The sentiment is from the Country Home Stamp Set. If desired, stamp the wheat sheath from the Gather Together using Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad to the side of the sentiment.
- To complete the card, add the panels to the Pretty Peacock fun fold piece with adhesive.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this Fall Fun Fold. Credit for the fun fold goes to Dawn Olchefske at DO Stamping with Dawn. She featured the fun fold on a project and I added the design to my “give it a try” list. Now you can add it to your list!
When ready to place your order, click on the items under Project Materials. During the month of October, for every $50 order (before shipping & taxes), you’ll receive a Thank You gift of the Shimmery Crystal Effects from me. Thank you for your support and I appreciate your business.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for September is: J96YXBD3. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!