A card featuring the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper was a design in the All About Butterflies class. The paper is in the current Sale-A-Bration brochure and you can select it for FREE with a $50 purchase. This is one of my favorite papers. Best of all, several of the butterfly designs coordinate with the Butterfly Duet Punch, therefore, no fussy cutting. Since the Designer Series Paper (DSP) is a double-sided design, options for color combinations is endless.
First, I want to share the inspiration card. The 4″ x 4″ card was received from Patty Bennett. The combination of papers adds to the beauty of the card. You will notice that the only stamping is the sentiment. Since the technique is primarily paper layering, it is a simple design. Using her design layout, I made a standard 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ card to use for one of the class projects.
Now for the class card:
Notice how well the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper coordinates with the black and white design on the Botanical Butterfly DSP. As you compare the designs, note the slight variations such as the different ribbon and no embossing on the vellum. However, the layout design is the same. Details for creating the class card are below.
Cut cardstock and paper as follows:
- Thick Whisper White cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Botanical Butterfly DSP – Black & white butterfly print: 5-1/4″ x 4″; 1″ x 4″
- Botanical Butterfly DSP – Select desired colored butterfly and punch or fussy cut one butterfly
- Daffodil Delight cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 3″
- Gingham Gala DSP: 4″ x 2-3/4″
- Vellum cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Whisper White: 2″ x 2-1/2″ for sentiment
- Score Thick Whisper White at 4-1/4″ and fold to create the card base.
- Using Snail Adhesive, attach the larger piece of Botanical Butterfly DSP to the card base.
- Adhere the Gingham Gala DSP to the Daffodil Delight cardstock. Center and attach the 1″ x 4″ strip of the Botanical Butterfly DSP to the Gingham Gala DSP layer. With the 2-1/4″ circle punch, cut the vellum cardstock. Attach to circle the center of the yellow layer piece.
- Wrap Daffodil Delight Ribbon around the yellow layer piece and tie a side knot. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to the card. Notice the ribbon this card, it is from the Organdy Ribbon Combo Pack in the Sale-a-Bration brochure and is another FREE item with qualifying purchase. Due to it’s popularity, it has sold out. It is on reorder and will be available again in early March and only while supplies last.
- Stamp the sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. The sentiment chosen is from the Beauty Abounds Stamp Set in the Occasions Catalog. After stamping, use the Pretty Label punch to cut the shape. Position as shown on the card above and attach with adhesive.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the colored butterfly to the center of the card and atop the vellum. Optional: Use a Black Stampin’ Write Marker to hand draw the butterfly antennae.
- Complete embellishing the card using the Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins.
Sale-A-Bration is for a limited time. Be sure to place an order of $50 so you can select the paper before the promotion ends and ends on March 31, 2019.
The full list of materials for this card is under Project Materials at the end of the post. To order your stamping supplies for this project, click on the product links or shop for items through my online store. Remember, shopping is available 24-7!
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to subscribe to receive an email of my posts. Look for them each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Download the Annual Catalog
Download the Occasions Catalog and see all the new products
Visit the Clearance Rack for unadvertised specials
Sign up for my newsletter
10% Off Coordinating Product Bundles