For a recent team meeting, I made a swap card featuring the Sale-a-Bration Lasting Lily stamp set. It is a simple card that is perfect for all levels of card makers. The Lasting Lily stamp set is FREE with a $100 purchase (before taxes/shipping). The set contains 16 photopolymer stamps. The beauty of the lilies are the Distinktive style stamp. This means the stamp is designed to lay down the ink in a way to obtain varying depths of color. Don’t you love the definition in the flowers? This is all done with the Distinktive stamp and does not require multiple step stamping. In addition, there are some wonderful sentiments with the set.
A couple of tips when using the Distinktive style of stamp:
- To obtain a clear stamped impression, do not use a “juicy” ink pad since it will overfill the impressions. To solve the problem of a juicy pad, use the back of a spoon to push the ink to one end of the stamp pad. This will create a drier area to use for stamping. How can you tell if your ink pad is too juicy? Ink the stamp and look for ink bubbles or blotches. If there are bubbles or blotches your pad has too much ink. After stamping the flowers, use the back of the spoon to move the ink back into the stamp pad. By pushing the ink to one side of the pad, you will not be wasting the ink in your pad.
- You do not want to overfill your stamp and loose the distinktive impression. To avoid this, try not to press the stamp into the ink pad. Be sure to tap, tap, tap the stamp onto the ink pad. Just by employing this method, I found that the perfect amount of ink was picked up by the stamp creating the desired stamped image.
- To achieve even pressure, use a Stampin’ pierce mat with the photopolymer stamps.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″, score at 5-1/2″ to create a top fold card.
- Cut Highland Heather Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper (DSP) 5-1/4″ x 4″ and attach to Whisper White card base using Snail Adhesive.
- For the 3rd layer, cut Highland Heather Cardstock: 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ and emboss using the Subtle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Stamp the lilies using Highland Heather Classic Ink Pad onto a piece of 4-1/4″ x 3″ Whisper White cardstock. For the stems, use Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink Pad.
- To attach the flower layer to the embossed Highland Heather layer, use Snail Adhesive. Finish by attaching to card front with stampin’ dimensionals.
- Add the desired sentiment to the card. For this card, the sentiment is from the Home to Roost Sale-a-Bration stamp set. Punch using the 1-1/4″ circle punch and attach to card front using adhesive.
- To complete the card, add a bow and rhinestone basic jewels. The ribbon is another Sale-a-Bration item (Organdy Ribbon Combo Pack). Note: You can also dye a white ribbon using the Highland Heather ink refill or your ink pad.
The full list of materials for this card is under Project Materials at the end of the post. To order your stamping supplies for this project, click on the product links or shop for items through my online store. And once you reach an order total of $100, you can select the Lasting Lily stamp set for FREE! Remember, shopping is available 24-7!
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to subscribe to receive an email of my posts. Look for them each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Download the Annual Catalog
Download the Occasions Catalog and see all the new products
Visit the Clearance Rack for unadvertised specials
Sign up for my newsletter
10% Off Coordinating Product Bundles