A couple of weeks ago on my Facebook live demo featuring the Beautiful Butterfly Note Cards, a coordinating box for the note cards was shown. In this post, I am showing you how to make a note card box for your note cards. The box comfortably holds four note cards and envelopes. Depending upon the note card embellishments, you can add up to six note cards. My box coordinates with the butterfly cards but you can use the box instructions and embellish it to coordinate with your note card designs.
Steps for making the box:
- Cut card stock 8″ x 10″. The sample above uses Thick Whisper White card stock.
- Use the Simply Scored to score on the 10″ side at 1″, 4-3/4″, 5-3/4″ and 9-1/2″.
- Rotate paper and score the 8″ side at 1″, 6-3/8″ and 7-3/8″.
- Refer to the directions in the photo below for cutting instructions.
- After cutting box shape should be as shown below. Follow steps to trim flaps which helps create a neater fold.
- Turn box over so that right side is facing up. Apply a strip of Tear and Tape along the 1/2″ edge. Close the box so that the side edges align.
- Fold bottom and side tab flaps. Apply a strip of Tear & Tape to the final flap to close the bottom of the box. To make it easier to open and close the box, create a notch in the center of the back of the box.
- Embellish box as desired.
- Cut Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper (DSP): 2 pieces at 3-1/2″ x 2″ and 2 pieces at 3/4″ x 2″. Attach the DSP to the lower portion of the box front, back and sides.
- Create a belly band with 1-1/2″ x 11″ Grapefruit Grove cardstock. Tip: Wrap the cardstock so that it closes in the front so you can cover the “seam” with the sentiment piece. Slide the belly band so that it is just above the Gingham Gala DSP.
- On Whisper White cardstock, stamp a set of butterflies from the Butterfly Gala stamp set using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Use the coordinating wing stamps to stamp the wings using Grapefruit Grove Classic Ink Pad – stamp off onto a scrap paper for a lighter shade. Use the Butterfly Duet Punch to cut the butterflies. Save 10% by purchasing it as a bundle.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Incredible Like You Photopolymer Stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Punch with the 2″ circle punch. Use the 2-1/4″ circle punch to cut the Grapefruit Grove Gingham Gala DSP. Attach the sentiment to the DSP layer using Snail Adhesive.
- Wrap a piece of Whisper White 5/8″ Flax Ribbon around the box and tie in a knot. Attach the sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finish embellishing the box by adding the Butterflies and Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins.
If you have questions or need clarification on specific sets, just send a comment and I’ll respond as soon as possible.
Remember: You can order the supplies online to make this card by clicking on the items at the end of this post or on links in the post.
Shopping is open 24 hours!
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to subscribe to receive an email of my posts. Look for them each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Download the Annual Catalog
Download the Occasions Catalog and see all the new products
Visit the Clearance Rack for unadvertised specials
Sign up for my newsletter
10% Off Coordinating Product Bundles