March Madness is coming! My March Madness isn’t the NCAA Basketball tourney but it’s a slew of birthday celebrations in March. My dad’s birthday kicks off the madness on March 1 so I created a birthday card featuring Nature’s Beauty. The stamp set is perfect for creating masculine cards. For the card design, I CASED a card on page 48 in the 2019-2020 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog changing up the stamp set. I love the design on this card and plan to use it again, mixing up stamp sets to fit the theme. The annual catalog is a great place to find designs when your creative juices aren’t working in full force! In addition to using the Nature’s Beauty Stamp Set, several other stamp sets help supply additional elements. For additional details, scroll down past the card photo.
- Card base is Night of Navy Cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ and fold).
- Use the Woodland Embossing Folder to texture emboss a 5-1/4″ x 4″ panel of Whisper White cardstock. Attach to the card base with adhesive.
- Cut a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″. On one of the short edges, spritz light with water, tear and fray. Stamp the fern image (Painted Harvest Stamp Set) using the Balmy Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad onto the panel. Refer to photo above for approximate placement. Attach the panel to the Whisper White layer using a strong adhesive.
- Select the wood grain and the woven papers from the Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper. Cut a woven print strip to 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Add to the strip to the card, slightly off center.
- Cut the wood grain print 2-1/2″ x 4″ and on one end using paper snips, cut to create a banner. Add to the card.
- Stamp the deer image from Nature’s Beauty Stamp set using Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a 2-1/4″ x 4″ strip of Whisper White cardstock. Cut top and bottom edges to create a banner. After cutting, stamp ferns using the Balmy Blue and lightly sponge around deer. Stamp grass using Old Olive and sponge around deer’s hooves. Use a small hole punch in center of banner. Thread and loop a piece of Braided Linen Trim through the punched hole.
- With the Leaf Punch, cut two sets of leaves from Crumb Cake cardstock. Attach to the back of the deer banner. Next, use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the deer banner to the wood grain banner on the card.
- To finish the card, stamp Happy Birthday from Itty Bitty Birthday Greetings using Balmy Blue Stampin’ Pad onto a strip of Whisper White. Then, cut to separate the two words. Add to the card using dimensionals.
My dad is a deer hunter so the card is perfect for him.
Remember, use the Stampin’ Up! catalogs for card design inspiration.
Just a reminder…
Sale-a-bration continues until March 31, 2020. With qualifying purchases of $50 or more (before shipping & taxes), you can order FREE product. Check out the Sale-a-Bration brochure under the Catalog link. Note: the Metallic Baker’s Twine and Sequins Combo Pack (Item #152314) and the Kerchief Card Kit are sold out. As a reminder, Sale-a-Bration brochure product quantities are limited and may run out before the end of the promotion.
Thanks for stopping by! Check back again soon for another project idea. With my March Madness, there’ll be more birthday cards!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for February is ATS2GYY2. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!