Dressed To Impress
During the cleaning and reorganizing of my craft cave recently, I came across a package of Lipstick Ink Pens ordered from Amazon last year for one of those “good intentions” projects. You know you have “good intentions” to make a project, order all the materials but it never gets made! Can you relate? Thought I can’t remember the original design, I knew the Dressed to Impress bundle would be perfect to create a 3D project using the ink pens. Even better, the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper contains a variety of colors to coordinate with the Lipstick Ink Pens. The resulting project is a Lipstick Pen and Post-It Note Holder.
For this week’s Playtime with Paper team online meeting, members received a kit for creating this project. It was a fun to be able to meet virtually and craft together making the project.
- Cut the following pieces of cardstock:
- Base: 4-1/4″ x 11″, score at 5-1/2″ and fold.
- Inner Support: cardstock 4″ x 4-1/2″. On the 4-1/2″ side, score at 1/2″, 2-1/4″ and 4″. Fold along score lines to form a “W”.
- Lipstick holder: 3-1/2″ x 2-3/4″. Score along the 3-1/2″ side at 3/4″, 1-1/2″, 2-1/4″ and 3″. Score the 2-3/4″ side at 2″. Use bone folder to burnish along the score lines.
- For sentiment: Whisper White cardstock 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Select desired Best Dressed Designer Series Paper and cut as follows:
- 5-1/4″ x 4″
- 3 pieces at 1/2″ x 1-3/4″
- Dressed To Impress Stamp Set
- Classic Stampin’ Pad to coordinate with project
- Stitched Shaped Dies
- Coordinating ribbon
- 2″ x 2″ Post-It Notes
- Lipstick Ink Pens (Amazon link)
- Use the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Best Dressed Designer Series Paper to one side of the cardstock base. This will be the front side of your project.
- Attach the inner support piece to the inside of the base. To do so, add a strong adhesive such as Tear & Tape Adhesive or Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the outside of each of the 1/2″ flaps and attach each flap to the lower interior edge of the base.
- Create the lipstick holder. With paper snips, cut along each score line on the 3-3/4″ side up to the 2″ scored line. After cutting, you will have 4 tabs that are 3/4″ and one tab that is 1/2″. Cut and remove the 1/2″ tab up to the 2″ score line then cut a small angle at bottom of the tab. Trim along each side of the tab. Add adhesive to outside of the 1/2″ tab and fold side over to create tube. Fold each of the flaps and seal with adhesive to form the tube bottom. Finish by adding the 1/2″ x 1-3/4″ Designer Series Paper to three sides of the tube. With strong adhesive, add the lipstick tube holder to the front panel of the base.
- Add the Post-It Notes to the front of the base using a strong adhesive aligning the bottom of note pad with bottom of lipstick tube holder.
- Stamp sentiment onto the Whisper White cardstock. Cut using the circle Stitched Shapes Die.
- Add the sentiment above the post-it notes using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish by adding a small bow using Mini Glue Dots.
Have fun selecting your favorite Best Dressed Designer Series Paper and coordinating cardstock to create a Lipstick Pen Holder and Post-It Notes holder for your desk. Be sure to share your project with me in the comments section!
Important to note:
A reminder that Stampin’ Up! has released the Last-Chance Product List. The list includes the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper and the Dressed to Impress Bundle. The designer series paper will no longer be available after June 3 or while supplies last. The Dressed to Impress Stamp Set and the coordinating All Dressed Up dies will return in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog but not offered as a bundle. Recall that a bundle saves you 10% vs purchasing the items individually.
Thank you for stopping by today and happy crafting!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for April is YKAF2FU2. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!