This weekend I was able to attend a baby shower for my daughter-in-law. In another month, we will be welcoming a new granddaughter, Camryn, to the family! The decor for baby Camryn’s room is jungle animals with a focus on zebras (as selected by big sister, Brooklynn). So, the Zany Zebras stamp set created a perfect baby card. The 2020-2022 In-Color Magenta Madness adds a bright background highlighting the zebra. More features of this fun card are below.
Notice the zebra is in a window. Not only is the zebra in the window, it also wobbles. Such fun to create a motion card. I found the card wobbles on Amazon but if you want to keep the zebra stationary, Stampin’ Dimensionals will secure the zebra.
Zany Zebras Baby Card Details:
- Create card base using Thick Whisper White cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″ for a side fold).
- Cut a piece of the Magenta Madness 2020-2022 In-Color Designer Series Paper 4″ x 5-1/4″ and attach to the card front.
- Stamp the zebra onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock (approximately 3″ x 3″) using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad. With paper snips, fussy cut the zebra. (while you’re stamping, be sure to stamp a zebra on the envelope too!)
- Select placement area for zebra. Then, use the third largest Layering Circles Die cut a window into the card front.
- Create a frame for the window cut-out by using the second & third largest Layering Circles Dies to cut a piece of Magenta Madness cardstock. Add the frame to the cut-out.
- To showcase the zebra, add a 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Magenta Madness cardstock to the card interior. Center the zebra in the frame and adhere with either a card wobble or Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the sentiment, add a 1-1/4″ x 3″ strip of Basic Black cardstock to a strip of the Foam Adhesive Sheet. Cut the word “baby” using the Well Written Dies set. Stamp the word “for” onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and use paper snips to cut into a small rectangle around the word. The word for comes from the Well Said Stamp Set. (The dies and stamp set are available as a bundle – saving you 10%).
- Complete the card by adding the sentiment to the lower right area of the card front.
Not only is the Zany Zebras baby card a fun, cheerful card, it is was a fun card to create!
The September 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects are focusing on Halloween.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and September 30, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the September 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE! September is a great time to join – Stampin’ Up! is offering the “Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion”. In addition to the regular Starter Kit ($99), you’ll receive enough cardstock pieces to make 16 cards, a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the So Much Love stamp set, and the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set. Contact me for more details.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully, I’ve inspired you to get creative! Below you will find a list of the project materials used for today’s project. To order the supplies, you can click on the item in Project Materials or download the Supply List and go to my store to by clicking here. Your order is greatly appreciated.
The host code for September is: 2EAKUGQC. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). If your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.