For the past few weeks, I’ve been sharing a variety of Christmas card designs. This Poinsettia Petals Christmas card is one of my favorite designs. To cut the flowers petals, the Poinsettia Dies cut the Red Velvet Paper Pack creating a gorgeous poinsettia flower. For an elegant card base, the Wonder of the Season Memories & More cards with matching envelopes work perfectly. For added elegance, the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper and the Beaded Pearls embellishment are used. And for extra glam, the sentiment is heat embossed using Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Below the photo, you’ll find tips for creating the card along with a list of project materials.
- Poinsettia Petals Bundle
- Wonder of the Season Memories & More Cards with Envelopes
- Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper (3” x 4”)
- Red Velvet Paper Pack
- Garden Green Cardstock & Garden Green Classic Ink Pad
- Silver Foil Sheet
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Versamark Pad
- Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Beaded Pearls
- 5/8” Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
- Adhesive Sheets (3” x 4”)
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Glue Dots
- Paper Snips
- Sponge Dauber
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Heat Tool
- Using the Poinsettia Dies, cut the following:
- from the Red Velvet Paper Pack
- one large poinsettia layer
- one medium poinsettia layer
- one small poinsettia layer
- from Garden Green cardstock
- cut 3 leaves
- from Silver Foil Sheet
- cut 3 berry fronds
- from the Red Velvet Paper Pack
- Attach the 3″ x 4″ adhesive sheet to the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper. Then, attach to the card base front being sure to center inside the red frame on the card. (TIP: use adhesive sheets with vellum style paper to attach without the adhesive showing)
- Assemble and layer the poinsettia (large, medium, small flower) using glue dots and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the layers. TIP: place the mini dimensionals under the layers of poinsettia petals for added dimension to the flower.
- Use the Garden Green Classic Ink Pad to sponge edges of leaves..
- Attach leaves and silver fronds behind the poinsettia using glue dots.
- Tuck strips of Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon behind the leaves & fronds with glue dots.
- Use mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the flower to the left side of card front atop the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper.
- Stamp sentiment using Versamark onto Whisper White cardstock, top with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set. Let cool slightly, then trim the paper around the sentiment using paper snips. Attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
You’ll definitely see more creations from me using the Red Velvet Paper Pack! Cutting the velvet paper with embossing style dies creates added dimension. I hope you’ll give it a try.
Curvy Celebrations is underway! The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle is now available for you to order. Click here to view the products available.
Beary Comforting Paper Pumpkin Kit – Available for ordering through December 10. Detail and ordering – click here.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order Project Materials at the bottom of the post or click here to visit my Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting…
The current host code is: CJSBNX7Z. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.