Gift Wrapped Christmas Card
Today’s card, a gift wrapped Christmas card, is the card design I chose for a recent Shoebox Swap cardmaking event. With a Shoebox Swap, the goal is to make kits for each participant for reproducing the card design. Place the cardmaking materials in a shoebox and participants recreate the project from each shoebox. It’s lots of fun and a great way to make a variety of cards. The Gift Wrapped Bundle along with the Beautiful Boughs Dies creates an easy to replicate card.
- Card base: Real Red cardstock: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ for side fold card
- Whisper White cardstock: 5-1/4″ x 4″ for texture embossed layer; 3/4″ x 3″ for sentiment and 3″ x 3″ for bow
- Tis The Season Designer Series Paper: 5-1/4″ x 1-1/4″; 4″ x 1-1/4″
- Garden Green cardstock: 3″ x 5″ (die cut 2 of the medium boughs from the Beautiful Bough Dies)
- Gold Foil Paper: 1-1/2″ x 3″ (die cut 2 pinecones using small pinecone die from Beautiful Bough Dies)
- Gift Wrapped Bundle
- Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder (or other embossing folder of you choice)
- Beautiful Boughs Dies
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Stampin’ Blends Markers: Flirty Flamingo, Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, & Color Lifter
With the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder, texture emboss the Whisper White layer. Attach the embossed layer to the Real Red card base using a strong adhesive. Next, add the strips of Tis the Season Designer Series Paper with the vertical strip approximately 1″ in from the left side on the Whisper White layer and the horizontal strip approximately 1-1/4″ from the top of the layer. Then, select the bow stamp from the Gift Wrapped Stamp Set and stamp with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto the 3″ square of Whisper White cardstock. Color using the following Stampin’ Blends Markers: Dark Flirty Flamingo, Dark Cherry Cobbler, Light & Dark Real Red. Tip: use the Color Lifter and Dark Flirty Flamingo to create highlights on the bow. After coloring, use the Gift Bow Builder Punch to cut the bow shape.
Next, start assembly by positioning the pine boughs to the card where the two pieces of designer series paper intersect (use the bow to help determine placement.) Once the position is determined, attach the boughs with glue dots. Next, add the two gold pinecones. Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, add the bow. Use the Tuxedo Black Memento ink to stamp the sentiment onto the strip of Whisper White and with paper snips cut a “v” shape tail on the end by the sentiment. To finish the card, adhere the tag using glue dots and tucking under the boughs.
For me, it’s time to start focusing on Christmas. It seems after Halloween passes, time speeds up and bam! Christmas is here. So, this year my goal is to mail holiday cards earlier to friends and family. Be sure to stay tuned! I have lots of holiday cards that I’ll be posting.
To celebrate the new Stampin’ Up! business year, I am launching a Customer Loyalty Program. Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Oh, don’t forget about the Designer Series Paper Sale. Tomorrow, October 31st is the last day to take advantage of the sale. During this incredible sale, you can save 15% on select Designer Series Papers from current Stampin’ Up! catalogs. So, you’ll want to stock up on your favorites. Just click here to see the beautiful papers on sale.
The October 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects feature fall themed projects.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and November 10, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the October 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting…
The current host code is: CJSBNX7Z. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.