Since March is full of birthdays for many family members, it has kept me busy creating birthday cards. One of my sister’s is the lucky recipient of the Fine Art Floral birthday card. If you’ve not seen the products in the Fine Arts Floral Collection, you must check it out. The Fine Arts Floral Designer Series Paper is gorgeous! There are a variety of patterns to select from but I especially was drawn to the pattern on the card below. It’s beautiful on it’s own but I knew on a Navy cardstock base highlighted with the Gilded Leafing, it would be even more gorgeous. This was my first use of the Gilded Leafing and I love how it creates an elegant card, especially when combined with the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper.
Fine Art Floral Birthday Card:
- Card base: Night of Navy cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″.
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 5-1/4″ x 4″ plus a scrap piece for the sentiment pieces.
- Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper: 3 strips at 1-1/4″ x 3-1/2″
- For the first step, apply Gilded Leafing along the edge of the Very Vanilla (5-1/4″ x 4″). To ensure there is enough gilding, make sure it creates at least a 1/4″ border around all side edges of the card. TIP: Use Tear & Tape since it’s the width needed.
- After gilding along the outer edges of the Very Vanilla cardstock, add the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper panels spacing evenly.
- Next, add the Gilded Leafing to cover the Very Vanilla cardstock between the panels. Again, use Tear & Tape and then apply the gilded leafing. To attach layer to the Night of Navy card base, use Stampin’ Seal+.
- For the sentiment, stamp using Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. Use Layering Circles Die to cut circle to fit within the Gold Hoop Embellishment. Attach to the gold hoop and add to the card front using Stampin’ Seal+. Embellish around the sentiment with Gold Glitter Enamel Dots.
- For the flower embellishment, use the small flower stamps from the Art Gallery Photopolymer Stamp Set. Stamp the flower body using Petal Pink and the inner petals with Merry Merlot. Cut using the coordinating Floral Gallery Dies. Stamp the leaves using Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad onto a scrap of Old Olive cardstock. Trim as needed to fit behind flower when attaching to the sentiment piece. Attach flower and leaves using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- With Dark Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends, color a piece of Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon. Then, tie into a bow (if desired, add strips of Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim and Petal Pink Ribbon when forming tail of bow). Add the bow to the base of the flower on the card using glue dots.
Be sure to check out the products in the Fine Art Floral Suite Collection and order your favorite items. But definitely, add the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper and the Gilded Leafing to a “must have” order list.
JUST A FEW REMINDERS…
MARCH PAPER PUMPKIN
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 8 cards—4 each of 2 designs—and coordinating envelopes. The kit’s contents include printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, and more!
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pretty Peacock, Seaside Spray
- Includes four free stencils and a stamping sponge!
- Arrives in a cute and collectible box.
Subscribe here to receive the March kit. Remember, the last day to order is March 10 so don’t delay, supplies may be limited near the end of the promotion.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order by clicking this link: Margaret’s Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
The host code for March is: AS74UVX2. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.