Each month I like to include a little something extra in the card kit to-go packages. Since this month’s theme featured products from the Rustic Harvest Suite, I decided to decorate the Peekaboo Treat Bags using the Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper. It’s the first time that I have used the Peekaboo Treat Bags but it certainly won’t be the last! Plans are already in place to use them for treat giving this holiday season. The treat bags are the perfect size for small treats, food safe and a great price! And best of all, decorating the peekaboo treat bags is simple. So be sure to add these treat bags to your next Stampin’ Up! order.
- Peekaboo Treat Bags
- Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper
- Basic White Cardstock (scraps for stamping leaves & sentiment)
- Hello Harvest Bundle (for leaves)
- Cup of Tea Bundle (for tag)
- Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Linen Thread
- Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive
- Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut the desired pattern from the Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper. The width for both top and bottom panels is 3-15/16″. On my samples, the cut dimensions for the top panel is 3-15/16″ x 1-7/8″. There was some variation on the bottom panel height of the peekaboo bags so I recommend measuring the panel to determine the height you desire. The height varied from 1″ -1’12”.
- Use multipurpose liquid adhesive to attach the designer series paper panels to the peekaboo treat bag panels.
- Stamp leaves onto Basic White cardstock using Mossy Meadow ink pad and cut with the coordinating die.
- Using the Mossy Meadow ink, stamp “enjoy” onto the Basic White cardstock and cut with the tag die. (both the stamp and tag are from the Cup of Tea bundle).
- Now it’s time to add your treats to your Peekaboo Treat Bag!!! To go with the fall theme, I added Pumpkin Spice and Apple Flavored candies – yum!!!
- Wrap Linen Thread three times around the top band of the Peekaboo Treat Bag positioning the twine in the notches on each side of the bag.
- Attach the die cut leaves and tag to the top band over the twine.
- Complete by embellishing the tag top with a Linen Thread bow.
As mentioned earlier, I’ll be using the Peekaboo Treat Bags for the upcoming holidays. So be sure to subscribe to my blog so you’ll get notifications when I post. I have additional ideas for embellishing the treat bags.
There are just a few days left to subscribe to receive the October HO!HO!HO! Paper Pumpkin Kit! Don’t delay – the last day to subscribe to the October Paper Pumpkin Kit is October 10. You can subscribe here.
‘Tis the season to make your own Christmas cards with the Ho Ho Ho Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit contains whimsical designs of Santa and his reindeer in a classic Christmas color palette which is sure to match various styles of holiday décor and look great on mantles everywhere.
Each kit contains enough supplies to create 9 festive cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes. These cards are sure to bring the warm holiday spirit.
And word from the North Pole is that this kit coordinates with next month’s Paper Pumpkin tag kit and the special add-on product! With so much coordination between products, you’ll have a breeze at creating a cohesive look for all your holiday gifting needs. Make this season the most wonderful time of the year for your loved ones—and for yourself!
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR STAMPIN’ UP! CRAFTING SUPPLIES?
If you answered yes, then now is a great time to consider joining Stampin’ Up! During the month of October, Stampin’ Up! is offering additional FREE product to the Starter Kit.
Contact me with any questions you may have regarding becoming a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, you receive a minimum of 20% discount on demonstrator orders. Plus, you are able to preorder supplies before they are released to the public. Being a demonstrator does not require you to hold classes, write a blog, or maintain it as a business all you are required to do to remain active is meet the quarterly minimum. The amount is $300 retail (so it’s actually less with your discount!) You can learn more about the benefits of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and joining by clicking here.
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy crafting!