Last week I had the opportunity to attend a day-long FB event hosted by another demonstrator. It’s always fun to attend events to learn new techniques and gather ideas for paper crafting. And though it was a virtual event, we were still able to share and create with one another. During the event, the host posted a variety of challenges to engage attendees. One was a color challenge project – we were to select 3 or 4 colors from the colors provided to create our project. The list of colors were Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, and Coastal Cabana. Since it was a challenge, rules included no CASE-ing of a project – only use for inspiration. Plus, it had to be a new project and not one previously shared. We had 30 minutes to work on our color challenge project before the next presentation so I had to work quickly!
So what colors did I select for my project? I chose a color combination of Basic Black, Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green. Since Christmas projects are on my agenda for the next several weeks, I wanted to create a card in non-traditional holiday colors. The Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder and the Pine Woods Dies work together perfectly for a quick card design.
- Card base: 4-1/4″ x 11″ Granny Apple Green cardstock, scored at 5-1/2″ and folded. Note: card is a side opening card.
- Layer one: Basic Black cardstock – 5-1/4″ x 4″. Attach to card base with Stampin’ Seal+ or Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
- Layer two: Coastal Cabana cardstock – 5″ x 3-3/4″. Texture emboss using the Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder. Then using a sponge dauber, dab the raised evergreen trees with Frost White Shimmer Paint. Allow to dry for a few minutes before attaching to the Basic Black cardstock layer.
- Select pine tree die and use to cut the design from the Rainbow Glimmer Paper using the portion with the Bermuda Bay and Granny Apple Green colors. With paper snips, cut and remove the tree trunk to create an evergreen tree.
- Cut a 3-1/4″ x 1-3/4″ piece of Basic Black cardstock and a 2-3-4″ x 1-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. Stamp the sentiment using Coastal Cabana Classic Ink Pad onto the Whisper White label. TIP: position the sentiment so that there is area to overlap the tree onto the label. Happy Holidays is from the Poinsettia Petals Stamp Set. Layer the two labels.
- Position the tree overlapping the label and attach with adhesive. Next, add Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the label and to the tree branches, cutting as needed, then attach to the card front.
- Complete by embellishing the sentiment with Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
It was lots of fun to participate in the color challenge! Which color combination would you select? Comment and let me know!
Peace & Joy Bundle Give-Away: Be sure to comment to enter. Today’s the last day to enter! You can read give-away details here.
Curvy Celebrations has started! The Quite Curvy Variety Bundle is now available for you to order. Click here to view the products available.
Margaret’s Customer Loyalty Program: Download the form (2020-2021 Customer Loyalty Form) for program details and start tracking your orders. Plus for your orders over $150, you’ll also receive rewards from Stampin’ Up! Thank you for placing your order with me. You can order Project Materials at the bottom of the post or click here to visit my Online Store. I sincerely appreciate your orders.
The current host code is: CJSBNX7Z. Please use this code if your order is $150 or less (before shipping & taxes). Remember, if your order is over $150, you will receive the host rewards.