When designing cards for the recent To-Go class, the Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper was front and center on two card designs. It is not just for Halloween but can be used for various occasions. For the card in class, it is featured on a Thanksgiving Wishes card. While several of the designs in the designer series paper are Halloween themed, most are generic designs. On today’s card, the Pretty Peacock design offers a beautiful background. It coordinates wonderfully with silver foil texture embossed elements.
- Pretty Peacock card base: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4”; 1-1/2” x 1-1/2” for leaf
- Whisper White: 4” x 5-1/4” (for Layer 1); 1-1/4” x 2-1/4” (for sentiment)
- Layer 2:
- Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper: 5” x 3-3/4”
- Silver Foil Sheets: 3-1/2” x 2-1/2”
- Stamp Set
- A Wish for Everything Stamp Set
- Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Gathered Leaves
- Stitched Shapes
• Embellishment: 1-1/2” Metallic Mesh Ribbon (approx. 8”)
• Stampin’ Seal, Stampin’ Dimensionals & Glue Dots
To assemble the card, attach the Whisper White cardstock and the Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper to the card base using Stampin’ Seal. With the small, veined leaves dies from the Gathered Leaves Dies, cut two leaves from the Silver Foil Sheet and one leaf from the Pretty Peacock scrap. Next, stamp the sentiment onto the Whisper White using Pretty Peacock Classic Stampin’ Pad and add to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then, add the cut embossed leaves to the label and card using Stampin’ Dimensionals and glue dots to adhere. Complete the card by adding a Metallic Mesh Ribbon bow to card.
Be sure to look at both sides of your Designer Series Papers when designing cards. Often, themed papers offer prints that are appropriate to use for other occasions. Remember, Magic in This Night is not just for Halloween!
The September 3D Tutorial Bundle is available! This month the projects are focusing on Halloween.
Would you like the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and September 30, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE.
2. Purchase the September 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE! September is a great time to join – Stampin’ Up! is offering the “Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion”. In addition to the regular Starter Kit ($99), you’ll receive enough cardstock pieces to make 16 cards, a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the So Much Love stamp set, and the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set. Contact me for more details.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully, I’ve inspired you to get creative! Below you will find a list of the project materials used for today’s project. To order the supplies, you can click on the item in Project Materials or download the Supply List and go to my store to by clicking here. (you’ll know you’re shopping with me if you see my name on the upper, left side of the page) Your order is greatly appreciated.