Today’s project is a quick and easy Matchbook Style Treat Holder. The treat holders were “a little something” in the June To-Go Class packages. The new 2020-2022 In Color cardstock provides the coordinating base for the Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper. I just love that the Flowers with Every Season Designer Series Paper coordinates with all of the new In Colors! The small packages of m&m candies fit perfectly inside the Matchbook Style Treat Holder but it’s easy to place other treats inside of a small cellophane bag to insert into the treat holder.
Side view of the Matchbook Style Treat Holder (with the package of m&m candies)
How To Create the Matchbook Style Treat Holder:
For the matchbook body: Cut a piece of cardstock 2-3/4″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 3-1/2″, 4″ and 7-3/4″; burnish the score lines with a bone folder. Then, fold along the 7-3/4″ score line and staple to create a tab to hold the top closed. (remember, we’re making a matchbook)
Next, cut the following:
- coordinating cardstock – one piece at 2-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ and another piece at 2-1/2″ x 5/8″
- Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper: one piece 2-1/2″ x 3″ & one piece 2-1/4″ x 1/2″
After cutting, add the designer series paper to the cardstock pieces using Stampin’ Seal. Attach the layered panels to the front of the matchbook.
Stamp the “A Little Something” from the Parcels and Petal Stamp Set using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. After stamping, use the 1-1/2″ circle punch to cut (position so that the sentiment is toward the bottom of the circle leaving room for the ribbon).
Finish by tying a small bow using the 2020-2022 In Colors 1/4″ ribbon. Add to the sentiment label using a Mini Glue Dot.
Don’t you love how simple it is to make these treat holders? One piece of 8-1/2 x 11″ cardstock will make four treat holders so you can create lots of treat holders quickly!
Personal note: I did a video showing how to make these treat holders and was all set to add it but alas, it’s sideways! After several hours of trying to edit and correct, I gave up – the technology gremlins won!!!
There is still time to purchase the June Tutorial Bundle.
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1. Order $50 (before taxes and shipping) from my online store between now and June 30, 2020 and you’ll get the PDF for FREE. Note: be sure to register allowing me to contact you so I receive notice of your order and can send the tutorial.
2. Purchase the June 3D Tutorial Bundle PDF (a total of 6 tutorials) for $15.00. This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at creativestampingwithMargaret@gmail.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Upon receipt of payment, I will send you the tutorial bundle.
3. Join my Playtime with Paper team! Team members always receive the tutorials for FREE! From now through June 30th, Stampin’ Up! is offering a Pick A Free Bundle Promotion. When you become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, you can choose any stamp and tool bundle from the new 2020–2021 Annual Catalog for FREE. So it’s a great time to join! Click here to join.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for June is K3A9P6XS. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!