It’s that time in the Stampin’ Up! year when efforts to use retiring papers occurs. The 2020-2021 Annual Catalog release in on June 3 so it’s time to make room for new products. Today’s card features the retiring Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. Sorry to see this paper go as it’s been one of my favorites. This card was one of the May class “to go” cards and highlights the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. For details on creating this simple card but cheerful card, continue reading. Card Materials:
- Base: Petal Pink 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ and fold
- “retiring” Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Layer 1: Floral Design – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Layer 2: Polka Dot Design – 3: x 4-1/4″
- Fussy cut a bird for the card from the DSP
- Whisper White cardstock: 2-3/4″ x 2-1/2″ for the label and 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the interior
- So Sentimental Bundle (So Sentimental Stamp Set & Stitched So Sweetly Dies)
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Mossy Meadow Linen Thread (from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack
- Frosted Flower Embellishments
- Snail Adhesive
- Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
Card Directions & Assembly:
- Attach the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper, Layers 1 & 2, to the Petal Pink card base.
- Stamp the “Thank You” sentiment from the So Sentimental Stamp Set onto the 2-3/4″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. After stamping, cut using the coordinating die from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
- Add sentiment label to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals, then add the bird to the right side of the label. NOTE: You may need to add a Stampin’ Dimensional to the side of the bird that overhangs the label.
- With the Old Olive Baker’s Twine, tie a double string bow. Attach to the sentiment label using a mini glue dot.
- Add a frosted flower as a final embellishment.
Be sure to check the Last-Chance Products list and grab your favorites. The final day to order the last-chance products is June 2 or while supplies last. Take note: the Bird Ballad DSP, Magnolia Ribbon Combo and Frosted Flower Embellishments are discounted!!!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for May is R929JEAV. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the blank space labeled Host Code. Thank you!