As we adjust to social distancing and a change in our routines, my focus has been on family so my posts have been few. It’s not that I’ve not had intentions to share projects with you but my mind has been elsewhere. I’m sure many of you can relate. Even though my posting has not been timely, I have found refuge in my craft space. For me, it’s relaxing and a great respite from the virus news each day. I hope you’re able to set aside time from your day to enjoy your crafting endeavors. Be sure to share how you’re coping in the comment section at the end of the blog.
Remember a few weeks ago, I said “March Madness” was coming? Well, we’re in the midst of a slew of March birthdays. The most recent to celebrate is my grandson, Alex, who turned 11. So, today I’m sharing Alex’s birthday card. He’s a budding musician and eclectic music lover. When I saw the Music From The Heart Stamp Set in the Mini Catalog, I knew it would be perfect to use when making cards for Alex. One of the instruments that Alex plays is the guitar so I used a couple of the stamps from the set to create a guitar for his card. A Night of Navy color scheme was chosen so it would have a masculine feel.
Alex’s Birthday Card Details:
- Starting with a 4-1/4″ x 11″ piece of Night of Navy cardstock, score at 5-1/2″ and fold to create the card base.
- Cut a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Night of Navy striped paper from the Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper. Attach to the Night of Navy card base.
- Create layers three (3) and four (4) by use the Stitched Rectangles Dies to cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock and a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Create a guitar by stamping with the Music From the Heart stamp set and Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad. Stamp the “you rock” onto the card referring to photo for approximate placement.
- The word “grandson” is stamped using the Make a Difference Stamp Set onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. After stamping, cut around the word and attach to top card layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- With the music note stamps, ink the stamps and stamp off twice before randomly stamping music notes onto the card front layer around the guitar. By stamping off, the guitar stands out more. Also use the music notes to stamp the envelope – no need to stamp off for the envelope.
- Attach the top layer to the Navy Stitched Rectangle using adhesive. Add to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the interior, Happy Birthday and a musical note scale is stamped to complete the card theme.
According to Alex, “the card was cool”. Which is his way of saying he liked the card!
Reminder only one week remains…
Sale-a-bration continues until March 31, 2020. With qualifying purchases of $50 or more (before shipping & taxes), you can order FREE product. Check out the Sale-a-Bration brochure under the Catalog link. Note: the Metallic Baker’s Twine and Sequins Combo Pack (Item #152314), the Kerchief Card Kit and the Golden Honey Specialty Designer Paper (Item #152311) have sold out. New items have been added so be sure to take advantage of ordering the FREE items before the end of this month. As a reminder, Sale-a-Bration brochure product quantities are limited and may run out before the end of the promotion.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for March is F99S6GD4. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards! Prior to completing your order, you will have the opportunity to enter the code into the space for the Host Code. Thank you!