Welcome to the”Tis the Season To Be Hopping” Blog Hop. You are in for a super fun treat with all the ladies who have joined us for this hop. Be sure and follow the hop all the way to the end, you don’t want to miss any of it! Whether you are starting the blog hop here at my blog, or have come from the person before me, be sure to click on the person listed under me further down the page to continue your journey through the blog hop.
The project that I am featuring for the “Tis the Season To Be Hopping” Blog Hop is a decorated Mini Pizza Box. Have you noticed that I love to use the mini pizza boxes to create small gift packaging? For this post, the mini pizza box features a Shaker Dome on the box top. What’s great is the Snow Globe Scenes Dies cut the mini pizza box with ease! Since I am creating hot chocolate and s’mores kits, the Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) fits the theme perfectly.
How to create a shaker dome on a mini pizza box:
- Use the Snow Globe Scenes Die to cut the shape from the top of the Mini Pizza Box. Add a Snow Globe Shaker Dome to the mini pizza box – remove the paper covering the adhesive strip on the top edge of the shaker dome. Insert the dome through the cutout on the top. Press firmly to adhere.
- Next, cut a 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ square of Let It Snow Specialty DSP for the top. Then, use the Snow Globe die to cut the shape from the DSP (this will slide over the dome on the top). Cut four pieces 3/4″ x 3-1/4″ to add to each side of the box. Using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, attach the designer series paper to the outside of the mini pizza box .
- For the shaker dome, select a snowman from the Let It Snow Specialty DSP to use in the dome. TIP: use another dome to lightly trace around the snowman and cut around the traced area by at least an inch on all sides. This will ensure you cover the entire dome.
- To the dome, add a small amount (a pinch will do) of Snowflake Sequins and Ice Stampin’ Glitter. If you have the Let It Snow Embellishment kit, add a few of the snowballs.
- Now, remove the paper covering the adhesive strip on the shaker dome. Add the snowman cut from the Let It Snow DSP and press firmly to seal the shaker dome.
- To finish the inside of the lid, cut a piece of Real Red cardstock 3-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ and add to cover the back of the shaker dome. If desired, add a stamped sentiment to fit your theme.
- Lastly, finish the mini pizza box by adding a bow using the 5/8″ Whisper White Flax Ribbon. Adhere to the bottom of the shaker dome using mini glue dots.
Now you have a fun Shaker Dome mini pizza box to use. Even more, it’s a fun gift box! Be sure to comment below and let me know what you’re adding to your shaker dome mini pizza box !
Reminder: Time is running out for Holiday shipping so place your orders soon.
Thanks for stopping by!
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for December is X9EWHRMR: Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!