Today, I am showcasing one of the cards from the Holiday Catalog Shoebox swap from a couple of weeks ago. The Gather Together bundle and other products from the Come to Gather Suite create a Fall themed card. Yes, the calendar says Fall is right around the corner but the weather here in Georgia is hanging on to Summer! Temperatures are forecast to reach near 100 this weekend! I hope that you’re having more moderate weather. Now back to the card. Notice the Cajun Craze leaves? The dies cut and emboss! I share a tip below on using the dies. The Gather Together card is a simple card that is perfect to send to family and friends.
Unfortunately, I do not have the name of the person that created the card design. We were all busy moving from station to station and neglected to gather names of each person with their creation! Lesson learned! We’ll put our names on our creations.
- Base: Early Espresso cardstock (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ for side fold card base)
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 3″ x 3″ for large leaf, 4″ x 5-1/4″ for interior, 2″ x 1″ for sentiment on front of card
- Cajun Craze cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 3″ for cut & embossed leaves
- Come to Gather Designer Series Paper: 2″ x 5-1/4″
- Classic Ink Pads: Cajun Craze & Pretty Peacock
- Cajun Craze Linen Thread from the Come to Gather Ribbon Combo Pack
- To create card base, fold the Early Espresso on the score line.
- Adhere the Come to Gather Designer Series Paper to the left side of the Early Espresso card base using Snail Adhesive.
- Stamp the large maple leaf using Cajun Craze onto the 3″ square of Very Vanilla cardstock. Cut using the coordinating die.
- Use the three embossed leaf dies to cut and emboss leaves from the strip of Cajun Craze cardstock. TIP: spritz the paper lightly with water before using your die cutter – this helps the dies break the fibers in the paper, which gives a deeper embossed impression. Plus the edges of the leaves curl slightly, just like a real leaf.
- With the strip of Very Vanilla, stamp the sentiment with Pretty Peacock. Trim to create the flag tail.
- Using snail adhesive, attach the three Cajun Craze leaves to the card (refer to photo for placement).
- Add the large stamped leaf with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using adhesive, attach the sentiment to the lower portion of the card.
- With three strands of the Cajun Craze linen thread, tie a bow. Attach to the card front above the sentiment using a mini glue dot.
See how simple it is to create a beautiful Fall card. The embossed leaves dies add lots of dimension to projects with leaves. Be sure to get the Gather Together Bundle – you’ll find that it’s great for more than just Fall themed projects.
When ready, you can place your order here. In the month of September, for every $50 order (before shipping & taxes), you’ll receive a Thank You gift of the Shimmery Crystal Effects from me. Thank you for your support and I appreciate your business.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)
The Host Code for September is: J96YXBD3. Please use Host Code only if your order is less than $150. If your order exceeds $150, you will receive the host rewards!