While sorting craft supplies, I found a 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ notebook and immediately decided to create a Pressed Petals Covered Notebook. The Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper has beautiful photographic images. Since the Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) is light weight, I knew it would work perfectly to create cover the small notebook. Plus, the coordinating Pressed Petals Specialty Washi Tape would make a perfect embellishment. As seen in the photo, the Linen Ribbon from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack covers the front seam. I went back and forth whether to add a phrase on the notebook or not. But as you see, in the end “A Little Note” was added. The phrase can be found in the Butterfly Gala Photopolymer Stamp Set.
The photo also shows the notebook back is finished with the Pressed Petals Specialty DSP. Additionally, Merry Merlot cardstock is cut to fit the interior panels and covers the overlapping DSP.
Tips for creating a Pressed Petals Covered Notebook:
- Measure the front of your notebook starting where the binding meets the cardboard. Add 1/2″ to the top and bottom measurements plus 1/2″ to one side measurement. This is the size you will cut your paper. This provides you ample paper to fold and cover the notebook edges.
- Use multipurpose liquid adhesive to attach the paper to the front of the notebook. I put the glue on the notebook and not on the paper. Start by abutting the paper along the binding edge and work out toward notebook edges.
- To create a neat fold at the corners, use paper snips to clip the paper so sides and fold over one another on the inside of the cover. Glue to hold in place.
- Measure the inside panel of the cover and cut ensuring it will overlap the designer series paper.
- Repeat for back cover.
- To embellish the front, wrap ribbon around the front at the seam of the binding and the designer series paper.
Pressed Petals Washi Tape Flower:
- Peel 8 petals from the washi tape roll.
- Punch a 3/4″ circle of cardstock to use as a base for the petals.
- Arrange four of the the petals around the cardstock base. After attaching, use the Embossing Buddy on the exposed back of petals to prevent stickiness.
- Add the next layer of four petals by offsetting them on the first layer of petals. Lift edges and dust with the Embossing Buddy.
- For the flower center, add a Perennial Essence Floral Center. Glue to front of the notebook.
- Optional: Punch 2 sets of leaves from Mossy Meadow Cardstock with the Leaf Punch. Spritz lightly with water, pinch leaves between fingers and after it dries, attach around flower using mini glue dots.
- Also optional: Stamp the sentiment and cut with the Classic Label Punch.
The notebooks are the perfect size to place in one’s purse. Plus, the notebooks are a great craft fair project! Since I found more than one mini notebook in my craft supplies, I’ll be covering them so be on the lookout for another covered notebook post.
Project Materials: (click on link to order)